Pages:
Author

Topic: Force Moderators To Give A Reason For Deleted Posts - page 3. (Read 914 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Let me start by stating that I'm going to ignore replies which are rushing to judge me as a shitposter, let us stick with the suggestion itself.

Right now when a post is deleted, we're just being informed about which of our posts have been deleted, there's absolutely no reason provided.
Ofcourse there is an unofficial official list of rules available (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-list-of-official-bitcointalkorg-rules-guidelines-faq-703657), but I have some good personal examples where the deletion had no clear reason and even after contacting the moderator team, the ones who didn't delete my posts couldn't understand why they were deleted.

For that reason, I believe a mandatory list-field should be available to the moderators when they delete a post in order to select the reason of the deletion (for example "Off-topic", "trolling" etc).

Once I had 5 of my posts in a thread of a DAPP game I'm managing deleted, posts which were many days apart from each other and relevant.
That's one of the deleted posts for example,
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Reposting the  Development Update  here

• The server for our mobile application is completed.
  • Our engineers are currently working on adding the battle logic to the new server.
  • Our token economists are finalizing LUNA’s base mechanisms & getting a legal letter of approval — this is important because we want LUNA to be fleshed out and interesting as an incentive mechanism for Season 0 of the Axie ladder.
  • We’re working on the art &  mechanics for PVE (Player Vs. Chimera).
  • The team is currently deciding internally on the scope and timing of the open beta for the application.
  • We’re scaling up the team, especially on the engineering & art side. Our team size has gone from 11-15 so far, and will soon reach 18!
  • We will be making some exciting business-related announcements in August!

Yesterday I had a simple post in which I congratulated the GRIN team for their recent donation and shared a wish with them deleted (and I was the 3rd person who posted about it, it's not like I was parroting).

When I see a post of mine is deleted, I'm wondering what I've done wrong, I would just like the forums to provide the feedback regarding what I've done wrong so that I can fix it.
I understand that the moderators can't waste time explaining all their actions to every troll and spammer, but just having one extra button wouldn't hurt them I believe.

Is it just me who thinks this would be a good addition? Do you think it's too much trouble for too few users who would actually care to improve themselves?
Pages:
Jump to: