Pages:
Author

Topic: Forgiveness - page 3. (Read 653 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
March 05, 2019, 05:12:43 AM
Forgive but never forget ,
There are times that it would be easy to forgive,
The hard part is forgetting it, For what ever reason is the one asking for forgiveness would be forgiven but the mistake that he/she did would be hard to forget.
And you should also know when to forgive someone or just let them go.
Activity: 479
Merit: 253
March 04, 2019, 10:19:48 PM
To judge or to hold a grudge against someone else is ultimately the same as allowing yourself to be judged on the Last Day - and with the same measure as well.

If, on the Last Day, you have been able to forgive all things, and hold no grudges - then all things you have done will also be forgiven and no grudge will be held against you.

This is the essence of what Jesus tried to teach.

As much as i can understand that, i still have trouble holding to it myself.

Good luck to all ^^
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 04, 2019, 07:45:34 PM
Laurence Sterne said "Only the brave know how to forgive. ... A coward never forgave; it is not in his nature.

the words may be hash but its the truth, i believe when you forgive it makes you a free man
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 04, 2019, 03:34:12 PM
Forgiving is not just for the one who made the sin but also for the victim. To be truly happy, we need to let go all of our grudges against that person.

What if that person is the one who made us truly happy before but then they hurt us? How can we learn to forgive if we are hurt by those we loved the most?

Isn't supposed to be that you should forgive him/her more, since that person holds so much in your heart. After all, true forgiveness comes within your heart. I am not saying that it is easy to forgive nor to trust that person again. Just let go of all grudges you hold so your can heart can be free again. You can say that it is like gambling your heart once again. Either you can have him/her back again or lose that person, at least you did forgive that person.
Activity: 84
March 04, 2019, 02:41:54 PM
Forgiving is not just for the one who made the sin but also for the victim. To be truly happy, we need to let go all of our grudges against that person.

What if that person is the one who made us truly happy before but then they hurt us? How can we learn to forgive if we are hurt by those we loved the most?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
March 04, 2019, 12:32:31 PM
Actually instincts as humans, where when we are hurt by someone we must be hard to forgive someone. But, if we are sincere, sincere, and do not hold a grudge against someone who has hurt us, then naturally we can forgive all the mistakes of that person.
Activity: 154
Merit: 13
March 04, 2019, 12:15:58 PM
How can we learn to forgive ? Is it difficult for u ? Or may be others do not owe us anything ?
Remember the good things for the person you want to forgive. Do not think too much about his bad things and try to forget and give him another chance.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 04, 2019, 11:12:46 AM
Activity: 204
Merit: 1
December 14, 2018, 11:49:38 AM
Forgiveness requires feeling willing to forgive. Sometimes you won't, because the hurt went too deep, or because the person was too abusive, or expressed no regret. Do not attempt to forgive someone before you have identified, fully felt, expressed, and released your anger and pain.

If you decide you are willing to forgive, find a good place and time to be alone with your thoughts.
Activity: 56
December 04, 2018, 06:09:42 AM
It's not difficult, just take it easy, if it's something unimportant you'll forget about it.
Activity: 3
December 04, 2018, 12:31:14 AM
sometimes need to forgive someone who hurt us. when you give forgiveness feel so relief. and i agree what other say we need to say sorry also to the people that we hurt so that you never feel hurt and angry in your heart
Activity: 85
December 03, 2018, 08:26:24 PM
When you forgive, you are accepting the reality of what happened and finding a way to live in a state of resolution with it. You can take your time and it doesn't necessarily have to include the person you are forgiving. Forgiveness isn't something you do for the person who wronged you, it's something you do for yourself. Smiley
Activity: 136
December 03, 2018, 06:31:22 AM
Just start asking for forgiveness .. At first it will be difficult, then you get used to it. But you need to apologize only if you really feel guilty.
Activity: 154
December 03, 2018, 05:42:54 AM
How can we learn to forgive ? Is it difficult for u ? Or may be others do not owe us anything ?

we have to think positive always, don't get angry because of those shit ppl
Activity: 42
December 02, 2018, 01:05:12 PM
I am very easy to offend, but I vorgive very easily also

In most of the cases saing just "sorry" will be enough for me. I easily give the secound and the third chance, but I actually do not trust people at all)))0)
Activity: 63
December 02, 2018, 11:26:32 AM
Forgiveness is for our own growth and happiness. When we hold on to hurt, pain, resentment, and anger it harms us far more than it harms the offender.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
December 02, 2018, 06:22:43 AM
Forgive or not forgive, I believe that this is everyone's business. Much depends on the situation and the person in general. Someone is inclined to forgive and someone does not forgive anything at all, even little things
Activity: 70
December 02, 2018, 05:15:54 AM
Yes, it is difficult, because when a person offends you, of course it causes your feeling and self-confidence, but I always remember, that others do not owe me anything. So the do not owe love me or be my friend, that`s why it is easier to forgive
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
December 02, 2018, 03:59:33 AM
Buddha said : Holding on to anger, is like holding burning coal in your hand to throw at others. You end up hurting yourself more. Jesus Christ said on the cross of the people who crucified him : 'Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do' This is the greatest act of forgiveness practiced by divine souls. On the other hand, resentment, grudges are slow poison, so sooner you let go, the better.

Awesome quotes, these are perfect examples.
Activity: 66
December 02, 2018, 03:52:07 AM
“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Pages:
Jump to: