Pages:
Author

Topic: forgot password wallet. - page 2. (Read 241 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
February 14, 2018, 09:44:22 AM
What exactly is the software or online service you use? How long was the password? Do you remember anything? You must provide some more info, mate, if you want the community to help you.

But please be aware that it may be lost beyond hope, too. Everything depends on those details
I use myetherwallet. so how is the solution?

write down your private key on a piece of paper (print it) and store it away in a safe place. if you forgot your password then just go to that piece of paper and use it as a way to fully recovery your funds!

it is the same for any other cryptocurrency wallet. some support HD and Seeds so you can only store the seed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
February 14, 2018, 09:41:48 AM
What exactly is the software or online service you use? How long was the password? Do you remember anything? You must provide some more info, mate, if you want the community to help you.

But please be aware that it may be lost beyond hope, too. Everything depends on those details
MyEtherWallet has like ten different ways to authenticate. I don't know, do you keep the details to yourself on purpose or it is an "invented" problem of yours that you don't really care if you are helped or not. Details, man, details!
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 09:33:45 AM

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
February 14, 2018, 09:11:54 AM
Do you still have your private key? or Key phrase? Those are tied to the blockchain itself.
The wallet password is only tied to your wallet, and losing that do not necessarily lock you out of your funds if you have properly saved your private key and/or key phrase used to generate the private key.

If you have those, you can always recover access to your coins on any legit wallet supporting those coins; and you can set a new password for that particular wallet, etc. But if you don't, then brute force mtd to guess your password might be the only approach left; and if you delete your wallet then you will permanently lock yourself out of your funds.

(Note: Always save your private key and keep it somewhere safe. Do not store it as unencrypted image/text files, and keep those "offline" only (i.e. on an external thumbdrive, but not on your desktop with access to the internet, and especially not on dropbox or google drive, etc); and do NOT ever post them for others to see.)
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
February 14, 2018, 08:57:39 AM
If you have the MEW file and an educated guess for the password, you can use the tools hashcat provides to try to bruteforce your own wallet if your computer has enough power to do it fast.
Activity: 245
February 14, 2018, 08:33:47 AM
That's a real problem dude..I lost MEW few moth ago.... nothing it's seem impossible without password
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
February 14, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
1. If you use your wallet from an online-trading platform - ask them for a reset password link.
2. If you use Bitcoin-QT, try to remember it or guess. The password encrypts/decrypts your wallet file, which is wallet.dat. There are services that help to recover your password for a fee, but only if you are the real owner and remember some parameters about your password.
3. If you created your wallet with blockchain.info or Electrum software, you should have your 12 or 17 words seed to be able to recover the funds from your wallets, without having to remember your password.
Good luck!
February 14, 2018, 08:29:30 AM
what do you do when you forget password wallet? how to solve it so we can still make withdrawal?

I'm going to assume that you're using an exchange to hold your funds as you used the word 'withdrawal'. If that's the case, use the 'forgot password' feature that every exchange have, they should send you something to your email or phone. If it's Electrum, Mycelium, Trezor, Ledger etc. then you can restore your wallet using the seed and If it's Bitcoin core, then you can't do much without the password or exported private keys.

Bitcoin Core case is not helpless either. For Bitcoin Core he could try to brute force the password if it were short. Everything depends on those details he is not providing Smiley
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 14, 2018, 08:25:07 AM
what do you do when you forget password wallet? how to solve it so we can still make withdrawal?
we must change the password first, if you forget the password you can't log in again. usually there is "forgot password", and you can click forgot password to change the new password. my suggestion, record your password on a paper or your smartphone, so you will not forget anymore.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
February 14, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

I'm going to assume that you're using an exchange to hold your funds as you used the word 'withdrawal'. If that's the case, use the 'forgot password' feature that every exchange have, they should send you something to your email or phone. If it's Electrum, Mycelium, Trezor, Ledger etc. then you can restore your wallet using the seed and If it's Bitcoin core, then you can't do much without the password or exported private keys.
February 14, 2018, 08:08:05 AM

Activity: 112
February 14, 2018, 08:00:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: