Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 23. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So are your Baikal's on NH also?
 I have mine on MPH mining DGB quibit and auto exchange to ETH. MaYbe I should switch to BTC for the auto exchange.

I tried and compared all the pools for the Baikals... nothing beats the returns on NH, ie. sell X11 hash.

Every day the spikes on X11 rental payrate are in several hundred %.

There are many rentors out there that pays crazy BTC to rent X11 hash power.

This is probably one of the biggest noob questions and I should probably go check it out myself instead of asking..
... but how does Nicehash work?

Nicehash is NOT a pool.... its a hash supply and demand marketplace

It basically gets your hash and rent them to people who want to rent hash to mine their coins.... you get rewarded by getting BTC upfront without all the coin confrmation bs if you are to mine directly into a pool

In whattomine.com..... sometimes selling hash to Nicehash gets you better rewards than mining into the traditional pools. With BTC so high now, renting your rigs in exchange for BTCs is really no brainer.

QuintLeo has explained it quite well actually.....

if you need even more simple explanation..... see this https://youtu.be/y_UmdBMGHxA

Thank you for the explanation. I may try them first to get my feet wet before I go back into pools.
3 years out of the game and I seem to have forgotten everything
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Sounds good.
Anyone have experience with this motherboard?:

ASrock H170A-X1/3.1
Found an answer here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16967536

Going to buy one for less than $100 CDN... Including rebate.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
 I have mine on MPH mining DGB quibit and auto exchange to ETH. MaYbe I should switch to BTC for the auto exchange.

I tried and compared all the pools for the Baikals... nothing beats the returns on NH, ie. sell X11 hash.

This is probably one of the biggest noob questions and I should probably go check it out myself instead of asking..

Nicehash is NOT a pool.... its a hash supply and demand marketplace

It basically gets your hash and rent them to people who want to rent hash to mine their coins.... you get rewarded by getting BTC upfront without all the coin confrmation bs if you are to mine directly into a pool

In whattomine.com..... sometimes selling hash to Nicehash gets you better rewards than mining into the traditional pools. With BTC so high now, renting your rigs in exchange for BTCs is really no brainer.

QuintLeo has explained it quite well actually.....

if you need even more simple explanation..... see this https://youtu.be/y_UmdBMGHxA
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Running a test rig 1x gigabyte 1070 itx with a watt setting of 92  gives me 24-25.07 mh of hash mining eth at nicehash

Hi Phil,

this doesn´t look very impressive to me,
compared to my GTX-1060-6 trimmed to ~ 22.3 MH/s.

I personally don´t like the so called Mini-ITX Cards because of weaker cooling solutions and lower base/turbo rates.

ETH-Mining will be useless in a few weeks because of the difficulty-bomb.

Wink

The Mini-ITX cards are good for non-riser rigs as a "manage cooling airflow" tool.
 I don't prefer them to full-size cards, but in their place they're VERY usefull.

ETH is going to take more than a few weeks to be "useless" - even with the "mining-bomb" the only difference will be that total network hashrate might drops, but how much you mine PER CARD isn't going to change much if at all due to it - keep in mind it affects ALL miners EQUALLY.
 I've never really understood WHY the "bomb" was ever implimented, as it has no REAL effect on mining.

Nicehash is a marketplace - you rent your machine to them, they then sell it's hashrate (to be picky, they sell each card IN your machine's hashrate as a chunk) to the "buyers" in the marketplace, then Nicehash pays YOU that income less a "handling fee".
The buyer then points the hashrate at a pool of their choice to earn THEM coin.
 That's the short-form version - I left a ton of details out.

As has been mentioned in many threads, the GDDR 5x memory used by the GTX 1080 and 1080ti has much higher latency levels than the GDDR5 5 used by the 1070 and down.
 This latency is a major minus for ETH (and clones) mining (which is VERY strongly memory-limited), leaving the 1080 hashing ballpark 15% slower than the 1070 can manage on those coins.
 This is probably why the 1070 is selling out like hotcakes right now while the 1080 doesn't appear to be seeing a lot of mining sales - the 1070 is a better ETH card and ETH is the "big gorilla" in the GPU mining world.
 I haven't bothered looking to see how availability is of late on the GTX 1060 models, as they don't work all that well for what I'm doing with my machines.

Activity: 350

Smiley

Not sure what you're asking - Nicehash you just download it - enter your wallet address and click start benchmark, it will benchmark and start mining (check start mining after benchmark). Super simple.
Activity: 168

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
If your looking to buy more GPU's, ebay has a 10% ebay buck thing going on today... i just bought 2 more 1080ti's and got 140 in ebay bucks

Any opinions on the EVGA 2 fan model 1080ti's? was thinking of buying 2 of those since ebay is limiting me to only 2 of the gigabytes right now...
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
Running a test rig 1x gigabyte 1070 itx with a watt setting of 92  gives me 24-25.07 mh of hash mining eth at nicehash

Hi Phil,

this doesn´t look very impressive to me,
compared to my GTX-1060-6 trimmed to ~ 22.3 MH/s.

I personally don´t like the so called Mini-ITX Cards because of weaker cooling solutions and lower base/turbo rates.

ETH-Mining will be useless in a few weeks because of the difficulty-bomb.

Wink
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

if i had a baikal it would be on NH
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Great info here. I'm learning a ton and like everyone else I can`t find any AMD Rx GPUs. So I'm building another rig with 1060s ( 3 Zotac AMP Edition & 2 EVGA SC ).
Which mining software and algorithm are best for Nvidia GPUs?
From what I can see it appears fullzero's miner might be best- correct?
 I can mine Ethash, Equihash, Skein and Lbry. Equihash may be the best right now - right?

I keep a balance at nicehash between ethash and equilhash
Pays very nicely
smOS for amd
nvOS for nvidia

Its times like these when mining is sweet....

Selling ETH hash to Nicehash gives you better returns than mining at ETH pools.... no thanks to the incredible ETH difficulty level.

With BTC inching towards previous high -- I have a hunch that BTC breaking 3K will be just around the corner - no brainer this BTC payment from Nicehash.
Sounds good.
Anyone have experience with this motherboard?:

ASrock H170A-X1/3.1
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Great info here. I'm learning a ton and like everyone else I can`t find any AMD Rx GPUs. So I'm building another rig with 1060s ( 3 Zotac AMP Edition & 2 EVGA SC ).
 I can mine Ethash, Equihash, Skein and Lbry. Equihash may be the best right now - right?

I keep a balance at nicehash between ethash and equilhash
Pays very nicely
smOS for amd
nvOS for nvidia
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I played around with an Asus 1070 gtx last week and was able to crack 30mh with about 90 watts. I love the 1070's very versatile card.

Weird thing is I have some 1080gtx on the same rig and the 1070 left it for dead on Eth.

The 1070s apparently have better memory compared to 1080, 1080ti
I have the Zotac 1070 Minis and all of them are ETH mining to ethpool and dwarfpool.
While the 1080tis are selling ZEC hash at Nicehash.
Activity: 186

I played around with an Asus 1070 gtx last week and was able to crack 30mh with about 90 watts. I love the 1070's very versatile card.

Weird thing is I have some 1080gtx on the same rig and the 1070 left it for dead on Eth.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

60% TDP, that's quite nice.

They'll pull 28+ at higher settings, but I've not played with targeting efficiency on them for ETH.

I'd be inclined to do my testing on ethpool vs nicehash though, given how nicehash likes to bounce cards around as their market shifts and the cards get shifted to different participants in the market.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
is there a way to auto restart EWBF miner if miner or GPU has a problem ? like watchdog for claymore ?

Try this:

Code:

:restart
Timeout /t 30
miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user t1cURHbxrB4xtBNaPH5xLFWE9CvPU5XQcFZ.ew --pass x --port 3333 --fee 0 --eexit 3 --log 1 --pec
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto :restart

Does that go in the miner batch file? Also (newb question) how do I get the IP address?

This starts the miner and also monitors it
The IP address is a standard host only IP address that the program puts out for monitoring

I once had a power shell script that would monitor any mining software  but I can't find it anywhere

took me forever but i found it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0614dRHRS0RYXRnNWtpeWRjbDg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing. With my limited knowledge, I changed things around for my ewbf miner but it keeps restarting when it is working well. I think it is because of this argument "if($global:count -gt 5)". What does that exactly imply?

The Global count is number of times the gpu goes to 0 after 5 times it restarts the program
I wrote some of this back when zec miners first came out. I update it soon for ewbf miner

I would appreciate that. I tried to figure out a way to get it work for couple hours couldnt get it to fully work Sad Right now, just wrote a short script to have it restart every hour lol Not the worst I guess.
Pages:
Jump to: