Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 18. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Anyone mind providing me with the bat config to mine DGB on the Skein algo.
It's been awhile since I've configurated a bat file and tweaked it.

What miner do you guys recommend running with?
Going to give blockfactory a try, unless someone has a better recommendation.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
"circuit breakers".  NYSE has them for example.  Rule 80B (15 min stop after -7% decline, etc), although its been a while I think this is on the aggregate, meaning one stock can go -90% and nothing would be triggered.  In commodities you do have limit up and down rules for some products at the open.

yeah  based on the dow  index i think  not one stock
Activity: 192
BTW for all those people interested after serveral people asked storx how he was mining blake2s algro and he never responded.

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.

i put my strongest test rig to blake2s Nicehash

ccminer-80-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 -u -p x --cpu-priority=3

3x1080ti=22GHs getting 0.007 BTC per day - that's way down vs ZEC

The price jumps around like crazy.  Sometimes its at like 12-14$ other times it is down at 5$.  I dunno why.  I put my 3x1080ti and was getting around 24GH/s  which was giving me (just on nicehash.exe not using a manual batch file)  29$ a day US.  After like 1 hour it dropped down to $15.  It's not reliable at all.  Whattomine is saying 10$ a day per card but I have only seen it do that a few times most of the time it hangs around at 5-6$ per card.  So going back to skein for now.  Zpool has been really reliable last week.

I was about to switch off of Nicehash actually.. was thinking of going to a skein algo..
DO you recommend Zpool?

I have been on Zpool for the last week with no issues.  It had some issues three weeks ago.  I am just mining skein on there.  I really like the 12 hourly payouts.  I JUST changed to Zec right now though.  DGB has dropped so much ZEC is better today then Skein but Skein was the best all last week.
BTW for all those people interested after serveral people asked storx how he was mining blake2s algro and he never responded.

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version of Nicehash.exe to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

You should go back 1 or 2 pages and re-read one of the best posts recently.
It was posted by board member Storx.

I have read every single post in this thread.  Care to point out this best post? Storx posts alot of useful information.  Lots of people do so I can't really single anything out. Not sure of the relavance of your comment.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
"circuit breakers".  NYSE has them for example.  Rule 80B (15 min stop after -7% decline, etc), although its been a while I think this is on the aggregate, meaning one stock can go -90% and nothing would be triggered.  In commodities you do have limit up and down rules for some products at the open.
Activity: 350
Even with the price drops over the last week, GPU mining is STILL a lot more profitable now than it was 3 months or more back.

Good to see that NewEgg WILL be carrying at least some of the "mining specific" cards - even if they're going to have stock runout fast issues like on the consumer cards.
 Sapphire was also smart about it, unlike ASUS - they give you a CHOICE on the memory options.

Most people can't handle choices - that's why you have so many people unwilling to take charge of their lives and be their own bosses - just rather have choices made for them and go to a 9-5. More power to them.
You sure about ZEC?

It's also way down in profitability right now.

everything is way down in profitability
ever since eth flashed crashed to 10 cents for a short time wednesday everyone pulled out of everything it seems

the flash crash was the result of someone placing a multi-million-dollar sell order at market price, meaning ETH would change hands at whatever price bidders were currently offering until the entire order was filled – no matter how much lower the price was than the current price of ETH.

Ya a lot of people lost a ton of money, Youtuber BBT lost over 137k from it.. he mainly mines ETH and had stop loss limits set in case of drops in price.... and when the snowball effect occurred, it triggered his auto-sells cashing him out on 291k worth of ETH at 154k price point...

What had happened was an ETH ICO wanted to cashout some of his funds for some unknown reason... ($275,814,878.06 worth of ETH to be exact), which took all the sell orders set in the system, which kept lowering the price on the exchange due to automatic price shift based on volume algo, so as the sell order was fulfilled, it just kept dropping and dropping, triggerings millions of people's auto sell limits.. which totaled MORE than the volume of fiat cash available on the exchange, thus dropping it to 10 cents, but millions also made a fortune off this.. IBS mining group had auto buys setup on ETH at some super low limit and bought up MILLIONS at around $0.25 a share... which once the exchange stabilized.. brought him up to a multi-billion dollar account worth..

amazing.... crypto exchanges has a long way to go to be on par to stock exchanges - I bet there are safe-guards to monitor and track events like above at NYSE etc.

Anyways, if you a trader/speculator .... the charts doesn't looks good because its still a sea of red. If you are a miner, not so bad.... but you are earning less - keep calm and keep the miners powered on

I feel like getting into XRP and Golem since its on the cheap now....

yes the stock exchange has a trigger if a stock goes up a point or down a point to fast it will put the stock on a 5 min hold

what exchange has this? i've never heard of that and i trade futures and commodities for a living.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Even with the price drops over the last week, GPU mining is STILL a lot more profitable now than it was 3 months or more back.

Good to see that NewEgg WILL be carrying at least some of the "mining specific" cards - even if they're going to have stock runout fast issues like on the consumer cards.
 Sapphire was also smart about it, unlike ASUS - they give you a CHOICE on the memory options.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
You sure about ZEC?

ever since eth flashed crashed to 10 cents for a short time wednesday everyone pulled out of everything it seems

the flash crash was the result of someone placing a multi-million-dollar sell order at market price, meaning ETH would change hands at whatever price bidders were currently offering until the entire order was filled – no matter how much lower the price was than the current price of ETH.

Ya a lot of people lost a ton of money, Youtuber BBT lost over 137k from it.. he mainly mines ETH and had stop loss limits set in case of drops in price.... and when the snowball effect occurred, it triggered his auto-sells cashing him out on 291k worth of ETH at 154k price point...

What had happened was an ETH ICO wanted to cashout some of his funds for some unknown reason... ($275,814,878.06 worth of ETH to be exact), which took all the sell orders set in the system, which kept lowering the price on the exchange due to automatic price shift based on volume algo, so as the sell order was fulfilled, it just kept dropping and dropping, triggerings millions of people's auto sell limits.. which totaled MORE than the volume of fiat cash available on the exchange, thus dropping it to 10 cents, but millions also made a fortune off this.. IBS mining group had auto buys setup on ETH at some super low limit and bought up MILLIONS at around $0.25 a share... which once the exchange stabilized.. brought him up to a multi-billion dollar account worth..

amazing.... crypto exchanges has a long way to go to be on par to stock exchanges - I bet there are safe-guards to monitor and track events like above at NYSE etc.

Anyways, if you a trader/speculator .... the charts doesn't looks good because its still a sea of red. If you are a miner, not so bad.... but you are earning less - keep calm and keep the miners powered on

yes the stock exchange has a trigger if a stock goes up a point or down a point to fast it will put the stock on a 5 min hold
You sure about ZEC?

Yeah and these are micky mouse exchanges - I had a colleague and close friend of mines get federal prison time because of the flash crash back 09/10 can't remember. It was pretty fucked up. Not only did he lose about 8 million of his own money he lost about 90 million of investors money - it wasn't even the 90 million he lost - it was because he didn't let them know and kept trying to make the money back that sent him to prison. If he would have just told them, he would have never got screwed. Good ol USA. I can't wait to retire in another country.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Well that lasted all but 5 minutes... got the notification that the new Mining Specific cards went on sale on Newegg at 7pm today, by the time i got home to check them out they are all sold out...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202291&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11877032&PID=1800524&SID=
You sure about ZEC?

ya, its been ruff few days.. still profitable tho... to take advantage of the zcash with the lower power consumption mining, i noticed that when im mining on EWBF for equihash on zpool im consuming roughly 18% less watts across the cards and they run cooler... so i inflated my equihash numbers by 18% to favor it when its up on profit more so than others.. it has turned out to be a decent day earning today, mainly swapping between equihash, hmq1725, and blake2s on auto swap...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
You sure about ZEC?

You sure about ZEC?

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
You sure about ZEC?

https://coinmarketcap.com/

top 12 coins all crushed
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
You sure about ZEC?

Activity: 186

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version of Nicehash.exe to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

You should go back 1 or 2 pages and re-read one of the best posts recently.
It was posted by board member Storx.
Activity: 168

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.

ccminer-80-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 -u -p x --cpu-priority=3

The price jumps around like crazy.  Sometimes its at like 12-14$ other times it is down at 5$.  I dunno why.  I put my 3x1080ti and was getting around 24GH/s  which was giving me (just on nicehash.exe not using a manual batch file)  29$ a day US.  After like 1 hour it dropped down to $15.  It's not reliable at all.  Whattomine is saying 10$ a day per card but I have only seen it do that a few times most of the time it hangs around at 5-6$ per card.  So going back to skein for now.  Zpool has been really reliable last week.

I was about to switch off of Nicehash actually.. was thinking of going to a skein algo..
DO you recommend Zpool?

Pages:
Jump to: