Pages:
Author

Topic: FPGA miner for altcoin - page 6. (Read 4204 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 05:39:46 AM
Way too expensive for zero resale value later on.

You can reprogram it to mine other coins. But it depends on the developer.
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 03:03:06 AM
Depending on that what coins can be mined with your fpga, but i think there will be buyers for this, if this 1/10 of power is true it will be tempting for countries with high electricity prices. People were skeptical about bitcoin fpgas but ended buying them at loads until the ASICs came.
Will be interesting to post more info about this development!

What about selling it at lower price like 350 and getting a percentage from mining like the miners devs do? Of course there will be a problem with people trying to avoid your devfee Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 02:04:19 AM
Way too expensive for zero resale value later on.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 01:18:48 AM
So 2.50 a day profit or so, almost no power draw for $500 bucks.. at a ROI of more than 6 months, I would pass. At least I can reuse and sell gpus easily. A fpga that can lose its value quick due to competition would be a poor choice. Someone will use a cheaper board and make a faster one. I know a few programmers here that have made fpga miners. They could potentially make a better version pretty easily. Maybe if price was lower I would go for it..
Activity: 148
Merit: 9
Contact [email protected] for our FPGA miner info!
March 06, 2018, 12:38:20 AM
Hi everyone, I would like to know your opinions on the FPGA miners for altcoins. My partner and I have been working on a FPGA miner project for an altcoin(sorry i can't reveal now, but not a very popular one), after being fully optimized we believe the fpga miner should be able to achieve the same level of hash power as of a mid-range graphic card with only 1/10 of the power consumption. It would essentially look like one of those early day bitcoin FPGA miners, with 2 or more FPGA "chips" on a PCB board (depending on the demand), like the one in this link
http://fpgamining.com/. The other beauty of FPGA miners is that a cheap raspberry pi can be used as the host to drive all FPGA miners connected to it via USB cables, there is no GPU -like rigs needed.
Due to the development, custom board design and manufacture the final price might end up in the $500 range. Do you think someone would buy such a product for mining nowadays? Just want to hear your general opinions on it, as both of us are relatively new to the crytocurrency and didn't experience the fpag miner era of bitcoin.

Any suggestion is appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: