Pages:
Author

Topic: FREE CoinHive FaucetHub Script - Pay your users BTC for mining! - page 2. (Read 1707 times)

legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
To be honest, it's a shame to remove the original fee license and set own fees, as it is a violation and considers as stealing.
Leaving the original fee - as others do - in the script or doing a one-time payment clears this situation.

I've contributed the script to the publicity in order for a compensation and thereby keeping the service alive.

No it's not considered stealing. What service are you keeping alive? I could (no offense) care less about your personal faucet. You don't deserve compensation for what is, at this point, considered to be a new application. That compensation should be, and currently is, mine. Read your own license in your GitHub if you don't believe me. I have done no wrong, and the real members of the open source community will back me up. If your license doesn't prohibit something, I am free to do it as long as it is open source. I made a legitimately useful derivative work of yours, which I believe is better, and I can do whatever I want with it. If people want to modify yours to include my functionality, they can and I have no problem with that. But if they want to use my pre-created one, that's their choice to make. It's not like nobody else can do what I have done. I am just dedicated to make it super convenient to switch.

In addition, I created more useful features that people may want in a faucet, and have fixed your buggy code quite a bit (although there is still more work I need to do on it).
If so, I could simply delete the project and/or provide a script with a backdoor. That's why there is the fee, openly on Github and declared. However, the license (MIT) requires the license and copyright which includes the fee.
At all, part of the compensation should belong to me because the most part of the script, the structure, is coded by me and not your. Mentioning "hard work" is the wrong way.
Activity: 952
Merit: 504
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
To be honest, it's a shame to remove the original fee license and set own fees, as it is a violation and considers as stealing.
Leaving the original fee - as others do - in the script or doing a one-time payment clears this situation.

I've contributed the script to the publicity in order for a compensation and thereby keeping the service alive.

No it's not considered stealing. What service are you keeping alive? I could (no offense) care less about your personal faucet. Read your own license in your GitHub if you don't believe me. I have done no wrong, and the real members of the open source community will back me up. If your license doesn't prohibit something, I am free to do it as long as it is open source. I made a legitimately useful derivative work of yours, which I believe is better, and I can do whatever I want with it. If people want to modify yours to include my functionality, they can and I have no problem with that. But if they want to use my pre-created one, that's their choice to make. It's not like nobody else can do what I have done. I am just dedicated to make it super convenient to switch.

In addition, I created more useful features that people may want in a faucet, and have fixed your buggy code quite a bit (although there is still more work I need to do on it).

as i said before, kevin , you are simply pain in the ass without respecting others.
end;
Activity: 147
Merit: 10

No it's not considered stealing. What service are you keeping alive? I could (no offense) care less about your personal faucet. You don't deserve compensation for what is, at this point, considered to be a new application. That compensation should be, and currently is, mine. Read your own license in your GitHub if you don't believe me. I have done no wrong, and the real members of the open source community will back me up. If your license doesn't prohibit something, I am free to do it as long as it is open source. I made a legitimately useful derivative work of yours, which I believe is better, and I can do whatever I want with it. If people want to modify yours to include my functionality, they can and I have no problem with that. But if they want to use my pre-created one, that's their choice to make. It's not like nobody else can do what I have done. I am just dedicated to make it super convenient to switch.

legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

Sorry. Been working since 3 this morning, so I'm going to blame my idiocy on that.  Smiley

(Btw, if anyone else has this issue, solution:
Code:
# Turn off mod_security filtering.

SecFilterEngine Off

In your htaccess.)

On a side note, will quite possibly PM you later to discuss purchasing of script, to eliminate your withdrawal fee.

And last question, (I promise, but I lie a lot), is it okay to modify this stuff, as long as we don't mess with any of the code that sends fees to you?

Appreciate your time.

Sure you may modify it, but you can't remove the fees and you can't distribute it without my permission. Other than that, have at it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 297
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Sorry. Been working since 3 this morning, so I'm going to blame my idiocy on that.  Smiley

(Btw, if anyone else has this issue, solution:
Code:
# Turn off mod_security filtering.

SecFilterEngine Off

In your htaccess.)

On a side note, will quite possibly PM you later to discuss purchasing of script, to eliminate your withdrawal fee.

And last question, (I promise, but I lie a lot), is it okay to modify this stuff, as long as we don't mess with any of the code that sends fees to you?

Appreciate your time.
Hi again!

So I'm in the process of installing your script. Trying to add ad units to the site. (A-ads stuff. Just testing right now.)
However, whenever I try to hit "change" on any of the open slots, I keep getting a 403 error. (Forbidden).

I'm not sure if this is an issue on the part of my hosting, or if there is something I'm doing wrong.
Appreciate the script immensely. Quite enjoying how easy it was to set up. Smiley

Thanks.

Thanks!

This isn't a script problem, it must be a problem with your host. I can take a look, but the script never returns a 403 error. Does it happen when you change anything else? There are a few bugs with the admin page. Try clearing cookies and logging in again.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
Hi again!

So I'm in the process of installing your script. Trying to add ad units to the site. (A-ads stuff. Just testing right now.)
However, whenever I try to hit "change" on any of the open slots, I keep getting a 403 error. (Forbidden).

I'm not sure if this is an issue on the part of my hosting, or if there is something I'm doing wrong.
Appreciate the script immensely. Quite enjoying how easy it was to set up. Smiley

Thanks.
You should contact support and ask them to check security rules  Grin
Hi again!

Thanks.
Hi

Thank you for great script, i install and run it and i can see :

Estimate: 5632 hashes per 1 satoshi
Current hashes: 22272

but use balance is 0 and nothing changes ! and when i click on claim button i see : Don't abuse the system!

can you help me with that ?

my test domain : http://faucet.ircrypto.pro

Thank you

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, delete the database entry for your user and try it again. For new users, this shouldn't happen.

Technical details: The CSRF security check failed.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi

Thank you for great script, i install and run it and i can see :

Estimate: 5632 hashes per 1 satoshi
Current hashes: 22272

but use balance is 0 and nothing changes ! and when i click on claim button i see : Don't abuse the system!

can you help me with that ?

my test domain : http://faucet.ircrypto.pro

Thank you
so I decided to give it a try, cant say it would be working though Cheesy

Estimate: 0 hashes per 1 satoshi
Current hashes: 0

Accounts are not credited Cheesy

It must be a problem with the conversion APIs. Unfortunately, I didn't include anything in terms of debug messages to troubleshoot this (probably should have... oops!). Did you set your coinhive API keys (both site and secret)? It requires both access to CoinHive (to get difficulty, etc) and an API to get price from BTC to XMR for the conversion (Cryptonator API, endpoint link here). Does your machine have access to the outside world? Drop a PM if you still can't get it to work, I would be happy to troubleshoot it for you.
Activity: 295
Merit: 100
No fees on withdrawal then :p
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
so I decided to give it a try, cant say it would be working though Cheesy

Estimate: 0 hashes per 1 satoshi
Current hashes: 0

Accounts are not credited Cheesy
I don't understand why people are having issues with this. At all.

When you open source code, and allow people to not credit you, you aren't, (or shouldn't) be laying a guilt trip on them for not crediting you. You are giving it away to the world.

So what happened?
A developer gave away some code. Another developer took that code, and is trying to sell a derivative product built with it. Pretty sure that's how like 95% of all software sold anymore is...

Is credit nice? Sure. But if it was that important, it could have been stipulated in the license. If the original dev didn't feel it was all that important, I don't see why everyone is getting all up in arms about it.

And as for giving some of the fees to the original dev... Again, would be a real nice gesture. But that's entirely up to him. The code was given away. Not given away on condition that you owe me if anything nice happens because you use my code.

OP hasn't done a thing wrong.
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
To be honest I disagree with so much hate against you. Obviously, you have made mistake when you came with this script for the first time because you were asking fees for nothing basically and you should also credit the creator of this original script.

If you are charging 1 Satoshis fee it's not that bad, especially if you are willing to remove this fee with a one-time payment.
Indeed, I run my own faucet scripts!

But i still think Salmen should got the fees and maybe you provide your CoinHive ref-link as a reward for your work?
If you struggle to implement some SIMPLE API, i'm afraid you're not a dev.

Oh, so I guess you are a pro at this then?
I am not working on this project for free. It isn't unreasonable that I am asking for a minuscule fee of 1 SATOSHI per withdraw. If you don't want the fee, pay me or don't use my script. Go write your own. It shouldn't be that hard, right?
If you struggle to implement some SIMPLE API, i'm afraid you're not a dev.
Activity: 952
Merit: 504
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
LOL  ^^

What? Would you rather I just charge everybody... say $10 for this? I want something for my work... I don't work for free. If you were a programmer, you would understand that none of this is easy work.

you are not a programmer. you stole the code and if some1 not mentioning, you will stay quiet.
you also spammed my post about my innovative miner because you are jealous that some1 made something better than you stole..
that's why i also telling you  LOL ^^
Pages:
Jump to: