Pages:
Author

Topic: [Free Raffle] 12 MixTum collectible cards - page 4. (Read 1899 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
December 31, 2023, 04:03:25 AM
that's why raffles should be 100 slots (00-99) or 16 slots (0-9,a-f). everything else is confusing. Don't understand the rationale/logic behind the 50 slots raffles anyway.

I can't speak for others, but in the case of this contest the reasons were the following: (1) a 16 slots raffle would not make sense for offering 12 prizes; (2) a 100 spots raffle would take too much to have the slots filled and the contest needs to finish before the end of the year. The prizes are subjected to mixers ban and the topic of the contest would be moved to Archival after the end of the year.

Yesterday were chosen 10 winners, the last one being NeuroticFish, the winner of block 823630.

Let's roll again with block 823695 for finding the next winner!

Last 2 digits of 823695 are 63. Since we don't have this number we'll take closest one => 42. tweetious is our eleventh winner!

Next block: 823698

Last 2 digits of 823698 are 07. krogoth is our eleventh winner!
Activity: 2338
Merit: 585
December 31, 2023, 02:54:10 AM
that's why raffles should be 100 slots (00-99) or 16 slots (0-9,a-f). everything else is confusing. Don't understand the rationale/logic behind the 50 slots raffles anyway.

Would take 2x longer to fill? Roll Eyes

The rational behind a 50 slot raffle is maximum participation in a shorter, more efficient time frame.  If you're talking about running a raffle, filling all 100 slots and have a couple/few weeks or months available, then 100 slots may work.  However, if you're looking at a day or a few days to a week, then 50 slots fit the bill better than 100 slots.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
December 30, 2023, 10:23:52 PM
see krogoths solution in their raffles: reroll until there's a winner  Wink

Yes I understand that, I just meant perhaps it is the mindset, not necessarily based on the maths/details. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
December 30, 2023, 10:17:21 PM

Would take 2x longer to fill? Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
December 30, 2023, 07:38:14 PM
Based on the op we should not oppose now as it is a time to roll even after starting the rolling. No one stopped us from taking the rolls 50, 49, and so on. We took based on our demand and free slot. Now changing any terms will not be fair though I took slot 00. Yet I think this should be completed based on the stated way. Many people didn't take from last on or near as the person could to understand this way or slot wasn't available. But now asking to reinitiate the terms is useless.

Yes, but as we are accustomed habitually for this draws any number bigger that [50 for this case] is just ignored and we wait for a next block!
You could be correct if it was mentioned at the time of posting the ann or anyone who is now opposing including you could say about this at the time of starting the ann. Even it could be considered if it had arisen before starting the roll. Yet it might require to repost and reschedule the slot. Now all is bad except completing the total phase as on the mentioned OP. Rules are rules whether it favors me or not.

I dont think anyone is opposing this its just that according to the rules any number drawn
per each of the 12 blocks greater than 50 JanEmil will automatically win that draw because
his guess [50] will be nearer every number from 51 to 99.

I read it differently in the op, I read it or assumed it as a standard rolling raffle.

it is what it is, its a FREE raffle, we should be thankful for that.
legendary
December 30, 2023, 06:10:42 PM
Yes, but as we are accustomed habitually for this draws any number bigger that [50 for this case] is just ignored and we wait for a next block!
You could be correct if it was mentioned at the time of posting the ann or anyone who is now opposing including you could say about this at the time of starting the ann. Even it could be considered if it had arisen before starting the roll. Yet it might require to repost and reschedule the slot. Now all is bad except completing the total phase as on the mentioned OP. Rules are rules whether it favors me or not.

This is correct. Everybody saw the rules since the topic was launched. Everybody which joined this raffle did it voluntarily, with no coercion. By joining the raffle participants agreed to follow the stated rules. Good or bad, they were set. I already made mea culpa for not anticipating some possible issues. But from here to blaming someone which offers free goodies is a long distance.
copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
December 30, 2023, 05:45:28 PM
Based on the op we should not oppose now as it is a time to roll even after starting the rolling. No one stopped us from taking the rolls 50, 49, and so on. We took based on our demand and free slot. Now changing any terms will not be fair though I took slot 00. Yet I think this should be completed based on the stated way. Many people didn't take from last on or near as the person could to understand this way or slot wasn't available. But now asking to reinitiate the terms is useless.

copper member
Activity: 285
Merit: 56
December 30, 2023, 05:45:15 PM
IMHO 2stout's method (hereafter reffered to as "2SM") is just the easiest way to deal with this. 50 applicants (or any other number in fact), rolling, last two numbers, zero included. Rolling.

Did anyone win? Great.

No? Next block.

Still no? Next block.

Until there's a winner. Good, clean fight. (Or fun, whatever.)
legendary
December 30, 2023, 05:43:02 PM
Instead of that may I propose, (and if Mr JanEmil is volunteer ti switch his spot to spot n° 26!), to make to calculus for numbers bigger to 49 like

I am not changing the rules while the contest is on-going.

But you didn't state the rules about the draw at all !

Actually, I did. Have you read OP?

After all places are filled I will choose 12 blocks. Once a block is chosen, the last digits of the hash will determine the winner.
If nobody guessed correctly the last digits of the block then winner will be the one with closest prediction.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 30, 2023, 05:39:39 PM

That solution can work too if we ignore number 50.

That solution gives disadvantage to number 00.

No because 50 -(minus) 50 = 00 !

00 -to> 99 is 100 spots?, which is two times 50 !

copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
December 30, 2023, 05:30:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
December 30, 2023, 05:12:00 PM
That solution can work too.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
December 30, 2023, 05:09:34 PM
OK
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 30, 2023, 05:07:53 PM

Last 2 digits of 823593 are 88. Since we don't have this number we'll take closest one => 50. JanEmil is our first winner!

Next block: 823596!

Last 2 digits of 823596 are 48. Bullion-n-BTC is our second winner!

Next block: 823598!

Last 2 digits of 823596 are 69. Since we don't have this number we'll take closest one => 49. Willi9974 is our third winner!

Next block: 823599!

Last 2 digits of 823599 are 86. Since we don't have this number we'll take closest one => 47. hopenotlate is our fourth winner!

Next block: 823602!

Last 2 digits of 823602 are 38. BABY SHOES is our fifth winner!

Next block: 823604!

Instead of that may I propose, (and if Mr JanEmil is volunteer ti switch his spot to spot n° 26!), to make to calculus for numbers bigger to 49 like :  

* 88 -(minus)50 = 38

* 69 - 50 = 19   etc.

So we subtract 50 for any number bigger between [50 and 99] !  Shocked

Shouldn't we ignore what's higher than 50? Otherwise, the person who chooses 50 gets like way more advantage.

I guess since I did not state that in rules since the beginning it would be too late and not correct to do it now...

But you didn't state the rules about the draw at all !
legendary
Farewell, Leo
December 30, 2023, 05:03:00 PM
The best way to do it would be like krogoth do his weekly raffles : 100 spots and a determined date to close the applications, and chose the block number no matter if all spots are full or not. 1% for everyone applying
That requires 100 spots, which is pretty limiting. The best way to do it is to simply ignore every invalid number. For example, in our case, if a block hash ends with "05f1159", the winner is 11. If it ended with "199999", the winner is 19. If the next one ended with "000119", the winner is 01 (19 is ignored, because they already won).

The main purpose was to offer the prizes. I did not calculate thoroughly all mathematical possible issues.
I believe you can still fix this if you redo the process (e.g., plan another block to begin the raffle). I don't think anyone would disagree. It's just the fair thing to do.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
December 30, 2023, 04:58:26 PM
No stress. Just because all would like to win a fine card. That is good sign.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 30, 2023, 04:57:47 PM
I apologize for this, as I apologize as well for not anticipating the possible issue raised by cygan. Please bear in mind that this is my first free raffle though and have some understanding with me. I am sorry if I did not meet the standards of Collectibles board and all strategies. The main purpose was to offer the prizes. I did not calculate thoroughly all mathematical possible issues.

You are doing great!

I mean, we just need to re-roll each block which is > 50 and use the next one if we want to be fair, everything else is perfectly fine with this raffle imo  Smiley
legendary
December 30, 2023, 04:53:16 PM
I personally don't mind much, but it's just unfair competition. The closer you are to 50, the more odds you have to win, statistically. The last participant (in terms of selected number) gets more than 50% chance to win, always.

I apologize for this, as I apologize as well for not anticipating the possible issue raised by cygan. Please bear in mind that this is my first free raffle though and have some understanding with me. I am sorry if I did not meet the standards of Collectibles board and all strategies. The main purpose was to offer the prizes. I did not calculate thoroughly all mathematical possible issues.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 30, 2023, 04:52:00 PM
I guess since I did not state that in rules since the beginning it would be too late and not correct to do it now...
I personally don't mind much, but it's just unfair competition. The closer you are to 50, the more odds you have to win, statistically. The last participant (in terms of selected number) gets more than 50% chance to win, always.

Yeah I agree.

The best way to do it would be like krogoth do his weekly raffles : 100 spots and a determined date to close the applications, and chose the block number no matter if all spots are full or not. 1% for everyone applying  Smiley
legendary
Farewell, Leo
December 30, 2023, 04:27:26 PM
Pages:
Jump to: