Pages:
Author

Topic: Freecoiner.org - page 3. (Read 4092 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
July 08, 2012, 04:45:27 AM
I hope the magazine doesnt come 12 months late  Cheesy
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 08, 2012, 03:55:16 AM
Hmm, what exactly does this site do?
This.  Would be useful to know what to design for.

Let's see if I can explain it in my current tired state of mind. For starters, it'll be a site not much unlike how some ranking sites operate, e.g., Bitcoin OTC. But, eventually, it will be much more than that. Please forgive me for expressing grandiosely that my hope is for Freecoiner to become the de facto Who's Who of the Bitcoin world. Moreover, if and when a Bitcoin-type business falls out of favor due to improprieties, the entire membership of Freecoiners will be made aware of the facts, and only facts. During Matthew's early days on this forum, he proposed something along this line, but for the life of me, cause I'm so tired, I can't conjure up that damn word. Suffice to say, that's not what I envision this site to become, but will include that element within.

~Bruno~

PS: I may clean up/clarify this post tomorrow. Nite! (and too tire to check for spelling or grammar now, also)

EDIT: The word I was looking for last night was accredited. I recall Matthew getting chastised for that back in the day, and I think I may have been part of that choir. Basically, I still envision a web-of-trust aspect built in Freecoiner, but it becoming much more than that.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a food group.
July 08, 2012, 03:29:02 AM
This.  Would be useful to know what to design for.

^ isnt trying to raise his post count enough to get out of newbies.

oops, wrong thread.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
July 08, 2012, 03:27:00 AM
This.  Would be useful to know what to design for.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 08, 2012, 03:24:03 AM
July 08, 2012, 02:21:13 AM
Freecoiner.org needs a logo/symbol. Here's the kicker--the pay is 0 BTC! But I am at liberty to bump the winning designer up to (5o) provided they show proof of some sorts that they have spent at least 1 BTC for some product or service that accepts Bitcoin as one (or main) of their payment options. All other submitters will become (2o), the level that I'm currently at: Bruno(2o).

Bruno(1o): Founding member who has spent at least one bitcoin.
Bruno(2o): Has invited at least one new member to join Freecoiner.

What I think I'm looking for is something in the order of the below image with the following modifications.

• Rid the compass and square elements.
  • Rid the G in lieu of the Bitcoin B
  • Consider using standard Bitcoin logo colors.
  • Possibly incorporate Steampunk elements to be reminiscent of a Victorian Bitcoin mining rig.
  • Binary numbers (0's and 1's) can be used the same way they're currently used on some Bitcoin logos.

http://healdsburg-freemason.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/masonic-square-and-compass1.jpeg

What else I can do for the winning designer is to prominently showcase, via a page on freecoiner.org, any and all work, sites, etc., thus making sure that they would profit down the road for putting in gratis effort on this project.

~Bruno~
July 08, 2012, 01:42:55 AM
godaddy placeholder displays.

Do you need help in developing this service?

Thanks for asking, unclemantis. Not for the front end, but possible for the back end down the road. I will keep you informed, bud.

~Bruno~
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
July 08, 2012, 01:38:13 AM
godaddy placeholder displays.

Do you need help in developing this service?
July 08, 2012, 01:25:57 AM
Here's something you won't read every day: I formally request not to be whitelisted. This is Bruno/Phinnaeus Gage.

First off, freecoiner.org is not a joke.

For those asking what is Freecoiner and what it will consist of, ask me later, thus giving me time to conjure up answers. I'm a tad tired now, and when I'm tired, I'm prone to make mistakes in my writing.

I will provide the following though, as I've already done here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1015965 (but added to)

• Membership is free, and by invite only, albeit I may forego that aspect for the first X members.
  • The only other requirement in becoming a member of Freecoiner is that at least 1 BTC has been spent for some product or service.
  • A free quarterly magazine to all members once X members have joined. (published by Matthew and his gang of Merry Men)
  • A hierarchy system will be in place, tentatively degrees (o), to distinguish ranking of members.
  • A yearly Freecoiner Convention/Expo to be held on some continent (most likely North America), subsequently rotating to the other five (sorry Antarctica) before starting all over again.
  • All members enjoy a 10% discount on all products and services which their respective owners are also members of Freecoiner.

~Bruno~

PS: Google has already started indexing Freecoiner.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8020/7524677342_a01034458c_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8294/7525238378_0ae7ec90c2_z.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: