Pages:
Author

Topic: [FREE]Dice Calculator ~ Calculate your odds ~ Level up your game ! - page 3. (Read 3964 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
0.5% house edge? I think u are talking about safedice??  In PD, the house edge is 1%, i am sure.

You program is awesome, it helps us, thanks for your calculator, and good luck to those who use it and play in PD.

Thanks your kind words keep me going Smiley i will try to improve it as much as i can
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
0.5% house edge? I think u are talking about safedice??  In PD, the house edge is 1%, i am sure.

You program is awesome, it helps us, thanks for your calculator, and good luck to those who use it and play in PD.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1117
Thank you very much, so many memories... Roll Eyes
Python source code pls? would be good Cheesy

chance = float(raw_input("Input the Chance of Losing 0-100% "))  / 100
tries = int(raw_input("Input tries "))
btc = float(raw_input("Input Amount of Bitcoins you wish to gamble "))
house_edge = float(raw_input("Input the House edge 0-100% "))  / 100
chance += house_edge

def primedicecalculator(chance,tries,btc):
    EV = pow(chance,tries)
    total = 0.0
    for x in range(0,tries):
        lost = btc * 2
        total += float(lost)
    print "The chance of a %d losing streak is %f%%" % (tries,EV * 100)
    print "That means %f in 100 tries or %f in 1000 tries" % (EV * 100,EV * 1000)
    print "[MartinGale]Amount of BTC that has to be gambled to win back from the loss spree %f " % (total)

primedicecalculator(chance,tries,btc)

legendary
Python source code pls? would be good Cheesy
Thanks for putting g I. The time to create the program this is good for all dice sites in general I think as many have the same house edges etc. I'll probably try out the program later too  Smiley

I'll try to make it as universal as possible Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Thanks for putting g I. The time to create the program this is good for all dice sites in general I think as many have the same house edges etc. I'll probably try out the program later too  Smiley
If there was no house edge , over a large amount of plays you would eventually break even mathematically speaking
legendary
Activity: 1288
Thanks for this, it is definitely a valuable tool. I've always wanted a calculator to find the chance of losing a bet x times in a row.
But you realize that if you are counting probability of something then exact numbers of wins and loses are not gonna be possible to find?
Thats is why it is called probability. You could assume, if calculator which can show you how much you will win existed Dice would not be called gambling anymore.
Gonna update original post with a link with the current progress !
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
From my own observation, it is very hard for you to sell this type of software. So it is better to include a tip address and make the program open source and let people use it and modify it freely.
Activity: 634
You can add to forum for free download and insert a tip address  Grin
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
Hello , i am currently developing a tool to use with primedice that will (Hopefully) calculate a lot of things such as EV etc , i understand primedice's EV is always negative due to the 0.5% edge but i'll do my best.

This is it right now:

What more would you like to see?
Should i sell it eventually or distribute it free?

The program is developed using Python but i will port it to C# later for easy use.

Thanks Smiley

Nice program maybe you want to share this for free. That's would be nice because this is just calculator right Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Thanks for this, it is definitely a valuable tool. I've always wanted a calculator to find the chance of losing a bet x times in a row.
Activity: 882
Exhausted
What more would you like to see?

1. Make the house edge % adjustable, so the calculator will work not only for PD but any site with a fixed house edge.
2. Calculation of the chance of having a m-loss-streak within n bets, so the user can understand how likely they are going to get, say 10 losses in a row within 1000 bets.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
if i were you i would sell it at the very start because people who get it for free will start to recreating it, updating and giving away for free and you will be left without any money for your fwork
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
i think you should give it for free a beta version to make people test it then you can buy the best version Wink
Activity: 154
That Darn Cat
first off, primedice's edge is 1%, and theres not really any point to selling this, as this isnt that hard to code (could probably be done in under an hour with basic knowledge), and tools like this already exist. if someone could link said dice calculator tools here that'd be great.

This.  With this calculator how low do you expect to lower the max one percent house edge at Primedice?  Also, I do not understand how this is even possible.
legendary
Offer this one for free, so I can study some of your code Roll Eyes
It's long time I don't program in python, you would bring me so many memories... Cheesy
Activity: 147
the calculator coding was easy, better you give people for free.
if you still want to sell it.
sell it below $1
Pages:
Jump to: