Pages:
Author

Topic: Freewallet or Atomic Wallet? - page 3. (Read 438 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
April 22, 2021, 04:34:26 PM
Just as others giving you advise about freewallet. Their thread[1] and account[2] will give you an idea that you should not use them.

[1] [ANN] Freewallet.Org: More Freedom From Freewallet

Check those posts there about them blocking accounts.

[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/freewallet-1177176

Check their profile account and the negative trusts that has been put to them.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
April 22, 2021, 03:59:53 PM
Free wallet is a example of centralised wallet, the team keep your private keys for you, meaning they have access to your funds, and atomic wallet gives users their keys to their funds when opening a new wallet with them, the choice is yours to make from here on, my advice is stay away from any wallet like free wallet, the best wallet for me is hardware wallet or trust wallet
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
April 22, 2021, 03:51:14 PM
I would not use Freewallet or Atomic Wallet when there are much better wallets for every day use.
Freewallet is custodial wallet better known after Elon Musk complained when he used it first time, and users have no control over keys.
Atomic wallet is better than Freewallet but I don't like it's interface and I would use some other wallet like Electrum for Bitcoin and Exodus for all other coins.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
April 22, 2021, 03:48:18 PM
If to choose just from these 2 wallets, you definitely should pick Atomic wallet. Freewallet simply have too many disadvantages - it's fully custodial and their reputation isn't best. Even Elon Musk was very disapoointed about this wallet.
But if you're planning to hold Bitcoin only, Atomic wallet probably isn't best choice too. For altcoins it's good wallet I think. But for Bitcoin, they still don't support SegWit, what is huge disadvantages.
If you need wallet for Bitcoin only, Electrum is the best option IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
April 22, 2021, 03:05:36 PM
Freewallet
  • has history of blocking accounts
  • it is a custodial wallet
  • do not give private key
  • you do not have full control over your wallet

Atomic wallet
  • Close source
  • noncustodial
  • gives private key
  • full control
  • but generating only legacy addreses

If you want bitcoin wallet, go for electrum, you can go for atomic wallet if you want altcoins wallet, but not having nested segwit and native segwit derivation paths afaik, but many altcoins have low fee.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
April 22, 2021, 01:47:19 PM
Please don't use freewallet. There have been many cases which have been documented here where they held user funds out of suspicion in exchange for their personal information. Even Elon Musk said that this wallet is shit because they blocked him.

What coins do you plan to store? There are plenty of non-custodial wallets to choose from and Atomic is one of them.

Additions just in case you don't know the difference between custodial wallets like "Freewallet" and non-custodial wallets like Atomic. Custodial means they do not share the private keys or seed phrase which also means they control all their user's funds. Non-custodial wallets allows users full control of their keys and their money.
Yes, Freewallet has many cases happened maybe the OP can see some documentation on the accusation board where there are lots of complains about the freewallet holding their coins so I hope this can be understood after @yogee is explained here.

Atomic wallet I think is a non-custodial secure wallet and can try it there because I see rare cases so this is a recommendation for OPs who want to see some of my opinion.

So indeed the worst experience is freewallet with many cases happening.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 412
April 22, 2021, 01:16:14 PM
Please don't use freewallet. There have been many cases which have been documented here where they held user funds out of suspicion in exchange for their personal information. Even Elon Musk said that this wallet is shit because they blocked him.

What coins do you plan to store? There are plenty of non-custodial wallets to choose from and Atomic is one of them.

Additions just in case you don't know the difference between custodial wallets like "Freewallet" and non-custodial wallets like Atomic. Custodial means they do not share the private keys or seed phrase which also means they control all their user's funds. Non-custodial wallets allows users full control of their keys and their money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
April 22, 2021, 01:14:19 PM
Hello,
I read something about both of the Freewallet and Atomic Wallet and I need the users experiences.
Please share your opinions.

Thank you.

Atomic wallet was the first one I tried to install about 5 years ago. Don't remember what exactly I didn't like but overall it remember it like an overcomplicated thing, not newbie friendly. Never used it since.
Activity: 354
Merit: 10
April 22, 2021, 01:11:52 PM
Hello,
I read something about both of the Freewallet and Atomic Wallet and I need the users experiences.
Please share your opinions.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: