Pages:
Author

Topic: Frog: Bitmessage for the web! - page 4. (Read 8850 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 17, 2013, 03:52:31 AM
Why do you need BTC 3.5 for your idea? I don't think anyone would pay without seeing a prototype, I mean we don't even have a code sample to see if your skills are capable of doing a project like this. Just give us some security here, cause this project isn't really that simple.
Servers and potentially the hiring of a designer. I can code, but I can NOT make things look pretty.
Here is my Github: https://github.com/Jaxkr
Here is an article about me (provides my identity and prevents me from scamming): http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_23032800/sunset-middle-school-student-wins-first-longmont-hackathon
Unfortunately, I can't use those prize funds for this project as they were directly invested in my college account, to avoid taxes. Tongue

I hope this doesn't come off as mean, but learn to bootstrap. I think this is actually a great lesson for a young person to learn. Cause in the real world without a prototype no one gives funds. Even without testing the market you don't really get funds. I think you should try and do as much as you can with little or no funds. Your a programmer, try and get BTC3.5 by working for someone else.

Also don't tell your parents this but college is a scam. I just graduated from college (23yrs old), and let me tell you I am not even going to use my degree (Computer Science), cause I got into bitcoins so early, it makes no sense for me to get a job. I am actually starting my own company (of the many companies I started). I think your really talented, and you should be hustling in the bitcoin community. You will be rich trust me, especially since you know python that is one of those scripting languages, that great for web or desktop.

So get out and HUSTLE, just do what you got to do. Especially now since you live at home with no expenses you can bank all this money. Wait until your 17, you be driving a Benz maybe even a ferrari to school Wink Take my advice, bootstrap, hustle, you will be big... And when your starting your own companies you come to me for funding ok.
Define "hustle" and "bootstrap". I assume bootstrap means to have a reusable code base for every project, but I'm unsure about hustling, unless I'll be playing some pool.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2013, 03:48:49 AM
Why do you need BTC 3.5 for your idea? I don't think anyone would pay without seeing a prototype, I mean we don't even have a code sample to see if your skills are capable of doing a project like this. Just give us some security here, cause this project isn't really that simple.
Servers and potentially the hiring of a designer. I can code, but I can NOT make things look pretty.
Here is my Github: https://github.com/Jaxkr
Here is an article about me (provides my identity and prevents me from scamming): http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_23032800/sunset-middle-school-student-wins-first-longmont-hackathon
Unfortunately, I can't use those prize funds for this project as they were directly invested in my college account, to avoid taxes. Tongue

I hope this doesn't come off as mean, but learn to bootstrap. I think this is actually a great lesson for a young person to learn. Cause in the real world without a prototype no one gives funds. Even without testing the market you don't really get funds. I think you should try and do as much as you can with little or no funds. Your a programmer, try and get BTC3.5 by working for someone else.

Also don't tell your parents this but college is a scam. I just graduated from college (23yrs old), and let me tell you I am not even going to use my degree (Computer Science), cause I got into bitcoins so early, it makes no sense for me to get a job. I am actually starting my own company (of the many companies I started). I think your really talented, and you should be hustling in the bitcoin community. You will be rich trust me, especially since you know python that is one of those scripting languages, that great for web or desktop.

So get out and HUSTLE, just do what you got to do. Especially now since you live at home with no expenses you can bank all this money. Wait until your 17, you be driving a Benz maybe even a ferrari to school Wink Take my advice, bootstrap, hustle, you will be big... And when your starting your own companies you come to me for funding ok.
June 17, 2013, 03:32:36 AM
Servers and potentially the hiring of a designer. I can code, but I can not make things look pretty.
Here is my Github, and here is some other stuff.
Here is an article about me (provides my identity and prevents me from scamming).
legendary
Activity: 1498
June 17, 2013, 03:27:00 AM
June 17, 2013, 02:20:33 AM
I think this is a very much needed project! Wish you the best with it.
Thank you! I've begun a little work on some really early backend stuff, and moltenmich offered to make a better logo!

Perfect. A logo would be nice! Sounds like you are aiming for August to start development?
I'm aiming for August to be nearly done with development.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
June 17, 2013, 02:03:37 AM
Thank you! I've begun a little work on some really early backend stuff, and moltenmich offered to make a better logo!

Perfect. A logo would be nice! Sounds like you are aiming for August to start development?
June 17, 2013, 02:01:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
June 17, 2013, 01:42:18 AM
June 16, 2013, 08:51:24 PM
The dev blog is now up! blog.frog.li
All updates will be posted there.

Bitmessage is a great system.
However, it seems like Bitmessage won't become wildly popular unless it can be made ridiculously easy to use.
Frog will solve this by being a simple Bitmessage client for the web.

How will Frog work?
Frog will function very similarly to the Electrum Bitcoin client. The user's client reads data from the network off of a pool of servers.
When you open the Frog application in your browser, it automatically connects to an available Frog server that runs the complete Bitmessage software. When you send a message, your browser completes the proof-of-work necessary for propagation, and sends it to a Frog node. Then, the Frog node follows the standard protocol to send the message to the Bitmessage network.

But, wouldn't this decrease decentralization?
Not really. Since the birth of Electrum, the community has put up dozens of servers for the client to use. This has resulted in the creation of reliable supernodes that benefit the entire Bitcoin network.

Just like Electrum, anyone can put up a Frog server for the clients to use. So the servers will not be controlled by a centralized authority. Also, since a proof-of-work is required for sending Bitmessages, attacking these servers will be very difficult. Frog nodes will have all the protections a regular Bitmessage node has. So Frog will result in the creation of supernodes, which will help the entire Bitmessage network

Will it be open source?
Yes.

What's your timeline?
I am currently on my summer vacation and have a lot of free time on my hands. I estimate having a funtional beta by August.

Frog will help conquer surveillance by putting great tools into more hands. Help us make it a reality.

Funding was successful, and work begun a while ago.
Here is the GitHub.
Pages:
Jump to: