Pages:
Author

Topic: Function X - The first fully blockchain-powered phone (Blok on Blok) - page 3. (Read 676 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Are there going to exist multiple versions of this phone? (Low end hardware vs high end).

Also, when will pre-orders begin.

BlokOnBlok (BOB for short) will be the world’s first decentralized smartphone, which includes your calls, file storage, messages and so on. The production of BOB is on schedule. PundiX is now finalizing the product specs and moving forward to the first test production of BOB.

It is just customize design. But moving forward, Pundi X will be working with smartphone manufacturers and telecom companies to create more blockchain phones, and all our blockchain phones will be connected to the FX mainnet.
Can we get this phone in parts of Africa

Yes sure, You can directly buy XPhone on XWallet or on Kickstarter Smiley
by using this online market, every country in world wide can buy BOB XPhone
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Can we get this phone in parts of Africa
Activity: 7
Are there going to exist multiple versions of this phone? (Low end hardware vs high end).

Also, when will pre-orders begin.
~snip
While talk about Blok on Blok, you can switch easily between the traditional android mode and the blockcahin  mode as well. It can be moved as you need. Moreover, BOB has own transmission protocol network and own OS which is F(x) FXTP and F(x) OS thats blockchain-compatibile.
Is that what the switch at the top left are for? To move from traditional android to blockchain mode and vice versa?

The design is weird. Looks more like a “Cat” mobile. Mobile for builders, army or someone, whos workis connected with dust/dirt/etc.

On a blockchain meeting, when all are having latest models of Samsung or iPhone, I will feel ashamed to show my function x mobile Smiley
My first impression was actually like one of those old devices used for playing some games.

the mechanism to switch from traditional mode into the blockchain mode, you can do it by swipe on the phone-screen. by swipe-click it could change easily into blockchain mode.
Activity: 15
Function x mobile phone is very weird in design and looks, not so attractive looking to me and i am sure its same for many as well, kinda look lot like a military grade mobile phones, any ways just try to improve the design because many don't like ugly mobile phones

BOB Hardware Design Is Open Source
Upon the release of BOB, all of its hardware design rendering files will be made available for more hands-on users to be able to download, modify and 3D print the parts to make their own BOB modifications. We hope to see a thriving BOB MOD community where BOB MOD enthusiasts will create new parts to exchange, trade or even sell their design creations.

https://functionx.io/#/bob
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Function x mobile phone is very weird in design and looks, not so attractive looking to me and i am sure its same for many as well, kinda look lot like a military grade mobile phones, any ways just try to improve the design because many don't like ugly mobile phones
Function X BoB is quite a cool concept but it is a big challenge on how can they compete with existing mobile phone market. Yes its a blockchain phone of course and it will be an another leap to f it catches the consumers appetite of using a blockchain phone, the design is nice reminds me of the Caterpillar phones if your familiar.

Can Function X phones store other tokens? Isn't this already based on the blockchain so I want to know if anyone uses it here, or isn't it on the mobile market yet?

It shall be store another tokens
To use the blockchain mode for sending sms or make calls you need an internet?
And do we know how much does it cost to send sms or make a call in FX coin?

Blockchain mode connected by the nodes, when you are at the blockchain mode that means you dont need your sim card provider works.
for the utilize fx token amount will be announce soon. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
~snip
While talk about Blok on Blok, you can switch easily between the traditional android mode and the blockcahin  mode as well. It can be moved as you need. Moreover, BOB has own transmission protocol network and own OS which is F(x) FXTP and F(x) OS thats blockchain-compatibile.
Is that what the switch at the top left are for? To move from traditional android to blockchain mode and vice versa?

The design is weird. Looks more like a “Cat” mobile. Mobile for builders, army or someone, whos workis connected with dust/dirt/etc.

On a blockchain meeting, when all are having latest models of Samsung or iPhone, I will feel ashamed to show my function x mobile Smiley
My first impression was actually like one of those old devices used for playing some games.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
Function X BoB is quite a cool concept but it is a big challenge on how can they compete with existing mobile phone market. Yes its a blockchain phone of course and it will be an another leap to f it catches the consumers appetite of using a blockchain phone, the design is nice reminds me of the Caterpillar phones if your familiar.

Can Function X phones store other tokens? Isn't this already based on the blockchain so I want to know if anyone uses it here, or isn't it on the mobile market yet?
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
To use the blockchain mode for sending sms or make calls you need an internet?
And do we know how much does it cost to send sms or make a call in FX coin?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
BOB will come in a MOD Assembly Kit which contains the following core components: The motherboard, display screen, camera, audio speaker parts, buttons and aesthetic accessory enhancements to personalize the look and feel. The kit is designed to be easy to assemble along with a detailed instructional guide and video. For the more hands-on creators, you will have the option to 3D print additional phone parts to add to your BOB.

With the freedom to assemble your own phone, unleash your creativity to build your own unique BOB.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
There is weird claims going on with every crypto projects that released blockchain smartphones, they always try to claim the 'first' like the first truly blockchain-powered phone in the world   Grin why? pundix , samsung , bitwings etc 

The other smartphones are just Wallet and not a proper Blochchain Phone like the Blok On Blok.
I'm looking forward to the Blok On Blok

Function X OS Completely Open Source
Once BOB is shipped out, Function X OS (including its Android portion of the code) will be released to the world as an Open Source OS.

Developers will be free to use the Function X OS to create and build their own custom blockchain operating environment while running it on BOB hardware. Not all of BOB driver files will be available at first but it will not restrict any custom creation of blockchain operating systems and services.
Bitwings mobile is a proper blockchain phone, have you done your research on them? they have integrated private OS for the phone apart from the secured inbuilt wallet, the phone is capable of mining eth with new POF (prove of data) technology from neobit
I have researched what you mentioned above, I think they focused on mining phone. While BOB is fully blockchain phone, decentralized of Function X.

with BOB you would to do calling, texting and browsing using nodes through blockchain-internet powered (fully-blockchain-phone). It's quite different with what you mentioned above.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
There is weird claims going on with every crypto projects that released blockchain smartphones, they always try to claim the 'first' like the first truly blockchain-powered phone in the world   Grin why? pundix , samsung , bitwings etc 

The other smartphones are just Wallet and not a proper Blochchain Phone like the Blok On Blok.
I'm looking forward to the Blok On Blok

Function X OS Completely Open Source
Once BOB is shipped out, Function X OS (including its Android portion of the code) will be released to the world as an Open Source OS.

Developers will be free to use the Function X OS to create and build their own custom blockchain operating environment while running it on BOB hardware. Not all of BOB driver files will be available at first but it will not restrict any custom creation of blockchain operating systems and services.
Bitwings mobile is a proper blockchain phone, have you done your research on them? they have integrated private OS for the phone apart from the secured inbuilt wallet, the phone is capable of mining eth with new POF (prove of data) technology from neobit
Pages:
Jump to: