Pages:
Author

Topic: [FZ] Frozen | CPU and GPU | NoPremine | Rare | Fast Transactions | Update Now!!! - page 30. (Read 100387 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
The amount of intelligent posting in this thread is the main reason I have been mining this.  This is so rarely seen anywhere on these forums. Smiley

EDIT: Forum registration doesn't seem to be working over at Frozencoin even though it's back up.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
@Block_Erupter, if the exact number of Fz is 7,777,777 then please edit the first post and erase the "million"
While we're editing, if there's no "minimum 1FZ per block" then we need to remove that as well -- otherwise there will continue to be 1 million FZ per year perpetually!

I think the real reason FZ is dropping is that the site is down. Who trusts a coin where the main site has gone offline three or four times in under three weeks? It makes it harder to find information for sure!

Another issue is the crappy GPU miner (smelter) that uses open-source code (but says it doesn't) with proprietary stuff and then siphons off 10% of your mined coins to the creator of the program. Well, that wouldn't be so terrible if the miner didn't suck so bad in other ways, like not supporting pooled mining (stratum), not running properly on GCN, basically only working well on my 5850/5870/6950/6970 as far as I can tell, etc. My GPUs are all mining scrypt because smelter is such trash. The code needs to be open sourced if it's ever going to be useful.
Site is back up.

Frozencoin.org/forum

Also I am a bit peeved that smelter doesn't work on my graphics card as well.
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
@Block_Erupter, if the exact number of Fz is 7,777,777 then please edit the first post and erase the "million"
While we're editing, if there's no "minimum 1FZ per block" then we need to remove that as well -- otherwise there will continue to be 1 million FZ per year perpetually!

I think the real reason FZ is dropping is that the site is down. Who trusts a coin where the main site has gone offline three or four times in under three weeks? It makes it harder to find information for sure!

Another issue is the crappy GPU miner (smelter) that uses open-source code (but says it doesn't) with proprietary stuff and then siphons off 10% of your mined coins to the creator of the program. Well, that wouldn't be so terrible if the miner didn't suck so bad in other ways, like not supporting pooled mining (stratum), not running properly on GCN, basically only working well on my 5850/5870/6950/6970 as far as I can tell, etc. My GPUs are all mining scrypt because smelter is such trash. The code needs to be open sourced if it's ever going to be useful.
Activity: 322
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Frozen will not die. Its one of the nice coins released in these last months. no premine and no easy mining is why this coin will do good. To OP do you have to be patient. There are coins that take sometime to get on exchange.
What you should do is, write a new article explaining how it was no premined and no instamined. And people are still not late to join the train. Its a coin which promises to people not to the developers. Smiley IMO people adopt what they keep hearing over and over. Do small giveaways as well. if you got some coins to spare.

I'll do a give away this weekend. I'm going to set up another 4 computers to mine some more while the diff is lower...
Another thing WE NEED is source code on GitHub - source from google drive sux Undecided Could dev plz start github repository please? I think I am not only one having some shell scripts to compile wallets, etc. - and frozen has nonstandard source code source Cheesy

Would be rly nice Smiley
Activity: 308
Frozen will not die. Its one of the nice coins released in these last months. no premine and no easy mining is why this coin will do good. To OP do you have to be patient. There are coins that take sometime to get on exchange.
What you should do is, write a new article explaining how it was no premined and no instamined. And people are still not late to join the train. Its a coin which promises to people not to the developers. Smiley IMO people adopt what they keep hearing over and over. Do small giveaways as well. if you got some coins to spare.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
We're getting closer to the block reward halving.

Yes. It will drop to 25. Then at 90,000 its drops 12.5
Activity: 98
FROZEN IS GREAT;i like this coin
Activity: 168
We're getting closer to the block reward halving.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Not trying to sound like a smart ass (for once) but I really liked the addition of subzero as a mascot. Made me chuckle.
Activity: 42
I agree very much. A coin should prove some stamina and show that it has come to last. FZ is on a very good way imho, don't get impatient.
Activity: 196
Fz just needs a little marketing, but not pushing it super hard in the begining is a good thing, at least how I see it. Let's work out the wallet, the website, and logo, then we can hit the marketing to get people interested in it. The fact that people arent bashing Fz is a great thing... but we do need to generate some buzz around the coin. Just keep working on it and it will happen.
What an intelligent reply. This is pretty much how I feel.
Activity: 56
Fz just needs a little marketing, but not pushing it super hard in the begining is a good thing, at least how I see it. Let's work out the wallet, the website, and logo, then we can hit the marketing to get people interested in it. The fact that people arent bashing Fz is a great thing... but we do need to generate some buzz around the coin. Just keep working on it and it will happen.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Cryptsy and other exchanges would be stupid not to pick up this coin.  With low total coins the price should stay relatively high.  Sites like Cryptsy trade crap-coin like Doge because the volume is high that it generates ton of fees, which is perfect, that's how a business should be run.  What they don't seem to consider is the stress it puts on the systems; just look at all the crap that happened after Doge.  Once you factor in additional man-hours and infrastructure upgrades, coins like Doge aren't as good as they appear from a business perspective.  Frozen would be low total volume due to the coin count and still produce a good amount of fees due to the high trading price.  It's really a win/win for an exchange; they make plenty of fees and don't tax their current infrastructure.  Sorry for the ramble...
But everyone wants to sell 17 trillion coins for 7 pence, for some reason that appears to be a good thing in altcoin world. I would like to see a coin with 100 total coins , with each block containing 0.00001 coins, or alike.
Frozen has to gt on before premined scam crap, everyone who feels quark is good but instamining should support frozen.

That's what blows my mind; there are thousands of users out there bitching about all the coins that have 500+billion coming into circulation and premine 5+%... but then a coin like FZ hits the market and they don't seem to give a shit.  Maybe all it needs is a meme created by a 9y/o and a picture of an ice-cube or something... that seems to drive a lot of coins.

People bitch about the 500+ billion coins but in the back of their head hope they can mine it and somehow it be $1 each.
But things aren't binary. Its not $1 or nothing. A coin with 500+ billion coins will never be $1 per coin. I don't think a high coin number is bad, but it does seem a bit pointless. I'd like to see a coin with a higher value per coin than bitcoin, not 0.00000001 btc per coin. Frozen is about 1/3rd the number of bitcoin, more than enough an it won't wear out you zero key!
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Cryptsy and other exchanges would be stupid not to pick up this coin.  With low total coins the price should stay relatively high.  Sites like Cryptsy trade crap-coin like Doge because the volume is high that it generates ton of fees, which is perfect, that's how a business should be run.  What they don't seem to consider is the stress it puts on the systems; just look at all the crap that happened after Doge.  Once you factor in additional man-hours and infrastructure upgrades, coins like Doge aren't as good as they appear from a business perspective.  Frozen would be low total volume due to the coin count and still produce a good amount of fees due to the high trading price.  It's really a win/win for an exchange; they make plenty of fees and don't tax their current infrastructure.  Sorry for the ramble...
But everyone wants to sell 17 trillion coins for 7 pence, for some reason that appears to be a good thing in altcoin world. I would like to see a coin with 100 total coins , with each block containing 0.00001 coins, or alike.
Frozen has to gt on before premined scam crap, everyone who feels quark is good but instamining should support frozen.

That's what blows my mind; there are thousands of users out there bitching about all the coins that have 500+billion coming into circulation and premine 5+%... but then a coin like FZ hits the market and they don't seem to give a shit.  Maybe all it needs is a meme created by a 9y/o and a picture of an ice-cube or something... that seems to drive a lot of coins.

People bitch about the 500+ billion coins but in the back of their head hope they can mine it and somehow it be $1 each.
Vires in Numeris
Keeping this thread on the first page helps.
Also, adding something unique, etc.
Activity: 182

So true right their. People think EarthCoin is something innovated but its not its just some bullshit algo that people believe works. The 365 day system is really dumb 
Activity: 84

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Pages:
Jump to: