Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaelcoin - Ireland's First Crypto Currency - Official Thread - page 8. (Read 22895 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”

It will continue until you people smarten the fuck up and stop mining/supporting this "Shite".

Unfortunately that means NEVER, its been proved that idiots reproduce faster than we can educate them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
I don't think the flood will stop until every country, state, or province has its own coin, until every animal has its own coin, until every aspect of life has its own coin. I swear to god... it's just an endless flood of bullshit coins that copy innovators and slap a new graphic on them.

There are over 1 million words in English dictionary...We will probably get altcoin for every word...This is the bad side of no regulations...

It will continue until you people smarten the fuck up and stop mining/supporting this "Shite".
Activity: 126
I don't think the flood will stop until every country, state, or province has its own coin, until every animal has its own coin, until every aspect of life has its own coin. I swear to god... it's just an endless flood of bullshit coins that copy innovators and slap a new graphic on them.

There are over 1 million words in English dictionary...We will probably get altcoin for every word...This is the bad side of no regulations...
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris

Gaelcoin is Ireland's first Cryptocurrency - Based on the latest Litecoin fork it has the potential you want to expect from an Alt Currency

Launched on 07/March/2014 at 22:00 GMT

PoW Algorithm: Scrypt
Retarget Time: 2 Days 50 min
Block Time: 2 Min
Initial Block Reward: 50
Max Supply: 650 Million

Premine 1%
1 % pre-mined
for marketing , merchant services and payment for future development

This is a common scam tactic.

High max coins + low reward + premine = SCAM

It will take 180 days to equal the premine that the dev is taking.
2min blocks = 720 blocks/day
720 blocks/day = 36,000 coins/day
6,500,000 ÷ 36,000 = 180.55 days
Think about that. After half a year, the entire mining community will have only as much COMBINED as this one person holds in his wallet.
Not to mention this coin is "irelands currency" but there is no premine to give to the people.
So its a coin for the irish people but not owned by the irish people.

You fucking people need to call this bullshit when you see it instead of supporting and propagating this crap.

Activity: 287

I think the dev has inaccurately described the retarget period.  Here's the actual code:

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 6 * 8 * 60; // Gaelcoin: 2 days
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2 * 60; // Gaelcoin: 2 minutes

Although the OP (and the code comment) claim 2 days, the code itself actually dictates a retarget every 6*8*60 seconds = 48 minutes on average, or every 24 blocks.  That may help to explain how the difficulty adjusted upwards so quickly after the initial post.   

You are right ! And they should have informed me of that as well..

May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough Gaelcoins in your pocket to buy a pint.

7FL3iamdfBbtv6jjzfJWT877tuLhBH5tFw
Activity: 266
Activity: 138
Gaelcoin - Ireland's first Crypto Currency

I think the dev has inaccurately described the retarget period.  Here's the actual code:

Code:

Although the OP (and the code comment) claim 2 days, the code itself actually dictates a retarget every 6*8*60 seconds = 48 minutes on average, or every 24 blocks.  That may help to explain how the difficulty adjusted upwards so quickly after the initial post.   

You are right ! And they should have informed me of that as well..
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
 Shocked  Shocked Shocked

Looks like a lot of people are wasting their hashrate here....getting on a exchange will be difficult too as all exchange are now putting voting systems in place so pre-mine will be use for exchange and then dump there coin.

Smart developers  Grin
Premined and Instamined ?

Who announces a coin after mining has started ?

Good Luck with your coin

SELL SELL SELL

Mining started for a short period for testing as we wanted to make sure the wallets are functioning properly including testing a pool as i've witnessed  many altcoins releasing buggy and non functional coins based on the 0.6 bitcoin frame work.

However the difficulty is still very reasonable and any coins that where pre-mined during the testing period will be given back to those who help make this Ireland's first successful coin.

legendary
Activity: 1120
TOOOOOO LATE!!!!!

Look at the poor result of MaZAcoin, and that was only the second one released, so suddenly 50 nation currency are being created, all will die and you guys are losing time and some stupid people hashrate.
Activity: 287

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Anyone seen any blocks happen? Not seen a new one reported yet solo mining.
Activity: 299
Premined and Instamined ?

Who announces a coin after mining has started ?

Good Luck with your coin

SELL SELL SELL
legendary
Activity: 1442
pool

Thanks for the pool setup, what your Gael wallet address and ill send you to bounty
Don't listen to all the hate! Glad to see Ireland joining the cryptocurrency world!  Mining!

Thank you!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Don't listen to all the hate! Glad to see Ireland joining the cryptocurrency world!  Mining!
Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
Activity: 311
fuck you and this coin
Pages:
Jump to: