Pages:
Author

Topic: Gambling - page 11. (Read 18634 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 27, 2015, 02:19:40 PM
Some time may be 100% luck and 0% skills required to win in gambling like dice games. So it is purely luck game not skill game.

Dice game is purely luck. You need some skills in poker games such as bluffing. It is difficult to master.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
October 25, 2015, 12:09:28 AM
I feel that poker gives me a lot of control over the chances of winning. Blackjack to a certain degree as well.
In poker, you use skills to fight humans. The skills are very important. In dice, the lucky is most important.
Yes I agree that in poker skills are very important but with these skills one can't win games always so their is equal chances risk involved to lose the game as well. In dice game of course no skills require but just playing game hoping that we may win by luck. So basically both needs a luck and one based on luck only but poker need both luck as well as skills.
No skills will work in gambling if no luck so luck is must in gambling winning.
how about 1% of your skill and 99% for your luck  Wink

Some time may be 100% luck and 0% skills required to win in gambling like dice games. So it is purely luck game not skill game.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
October 24, 2015, 10:49:52 PM
I feel that poker gives me a lot of control over the chances of winning. Blackjack to a certain degree as well.

In poker, you use skills to fight humans. The skills are very important. In dice, the lucky is most important.

Yes I agree that in poker skills are very important but with these skills one can't win games always so their is equal chances risk involved to lose the game as well. In dice game of course no skills require but just playing game hoping that we may win by luck. So basically both needs a luck and one based on luck only but poker need both luck as well as skills.

Yes luck is must in gambling especially when we play against the house, but in poker games we need some skills to play. Skills about when to raise, call, fold...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 24, 2015, 09:33:58 PM
how about 1% of your skill and 99% for your luck  Wink
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 24, 2015, 09:30:33 PM

klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 24, 2015, 04:56:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
October 24, 2015, 09:59:14 AM
What you can and should learn is a proper risk management to get the losses handeled the proper way. If you can manage your risked amounts well it does not help to increase the chances to win in a game just helps not to lose your full balance before the win hits you (or not hits, can easily happen even with the best risk management)
So if you want to gamble seriously, you should not care about strategies to increase your wins but should be able to slow down loses drainig your account to 0.

Yes risk management is more important in gambling similar to trading. People do not consider gambling as serious as trading in forex or bitcoin or in any commodity. We must learn things first then we can shine in gambling with applying our skills at right time in right places.

Although I agree with you completely, that people blow gambling out of proportion and don't follow the same rules when it comes to investing or something like that.  It is a lot harder to profit from gambling as to say investing(that sort of depends on your skill at investing) 
Maybe people just don't belive that they can learn to trade or to invest, and they think that they don't need to learn anything to start to gamble. OK, if you want to play poker or blackjack you need to learn it, but if you want to play slots, it's pure luck. But I think in case of any gambling, you can slow down loss with proper risk management and if you know when to stop. It doesn't help you to win more because that's pure luck but it's the half way to profit if you loose your account balance slower and you let some more time to luck to find you in the meantime Smiley

I totally agree with you. Bankroll management is a key point to any type of gamble, either based on pure luck or with skill involved. So even if you are just playing slots you must know how to manage you funds and control your losses.

Yeah it is true that bankroll management is important on gambling games but doesnt mean that you will profit because lower bankroll will never have you win big and huge bankroll mostly will get you profit if you can control it so I can say there is not really needed bankroll management if you only have low bankroll

I think bankroll management is just another way of rubbing dust on our faces that everything here is very legit and we do have winners with big jackpots .
legendary
Activity: 1078
October 23, 2015, 10:08:45 PM
What you can and should learn is a proper risk management to get the losses handeled the proper way. If you can manage your risked amounts well it does not help to increase the chances to win in a game just helps not to lose your full balance before the win hits you (or not hits, can easily happen even with the best risk management)
So if you want to gamble seriously, you should not care about strategies to increase your wins but should be able to slow down loses drainig your account to 0.

Yes risk management is more important in gambling similar to trading. People do not consider gambling as serious as trading in forex or bitcoin or in any commodity. We must learn things first then we can shine in gambling with applying our skills at right time in right places.

Although I agree with you completely, that people blow gambling out of proportion and don't follow the same rules when it comes to investing or something like that.  It is a lot harder to profit from gambling as to say investing(that sort of depends on your skill at investing) 
Maybe people just don't belive that they can learn to trade or to invest, and they think that they don't need to learn anything to start to gamble. OK, if you want to play poker or blackjack you need to learn it, but if you want to play slots, it's pure luck. But I think in case of any gambling, you can slow down loss with proper risk management and if you know when to stop. It doesn't help you to win more because that's pure luck but it's the half way to profit if you loose your account balance slower and you let some more time to luck to find you in the meantime Smiley

I totally agree with you. Bankroll management is a key point to any type of gamble, either based on pure luck or with skill involved. So even if you are just playing slots you must know how to manage you funds and control your losses.

Yeah it is true that bankroll management is important on gambling games but doesnt mean that you will profit because lower bankroll will never have you win big and huge bankroll mostly will get you profit if you can control it so I can say there is not really needed bankroll management if you only have low bankroll
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
October 23, 2015, 06:55:20 PM

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
October 23, 2015, 05:12:29 PM

Activity: 784
October 23, 2015, 09:14:06 AM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
October 23, 2015, 09:12:40 AM

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
October 22, 2015, 06:27:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 22, 2015, 09:08:04 AM
Talent/skill are different to me.  Skill can be acquired where if you have a talent for something you might just be god given talent.  I think Poker requires more skill than talent.  Reading people and their hands is the most important thing in the world for Poker, but you also still need luck in order to win.

And that is when the Generation of miracles steps in, Cheesy hehe just joking, anyway I'm just referring to talent by the way and have not seen that I put skills there, your right Talent is your innate ability to do something. It is your natural ability which is inborn. Skill is a learnt ability. It is acquired or developed after you put in a lot of time and hard work. The difference between talent and skill is hardwork. -will smith
legendary
Activity: 1134
October 22, 2015, 07:19:23 AM
There are someone which can explain me with simple but in full words what does it mean to have talent in dice; or in roulette; or in slot machine?

Then, after doing that, can explain in the same way and for the same gamble games above what does it mean to have skills in those?

Thanks.
I am afraid that some people are biased towards idea that you have to really can influence your outcome of DICE, roulette or other pure luck based games. There is no talent, secret gambling method or other magical theories involved in these. It is just probability theory.

I'm doing tens of posts like yours but yet I see that are hundred who believe in the things written to my previous posts quoted by you. I see even strategies about the secure wins in gambling. So i must find different ways to show at the gamblers that their hope is an simple but pure and risky desire or addiction and not something else.
legendary
Activity: 1288
October 22, 2015, 06:56:59 AM
There are someone which can explain me with simple but in full words what does it mean to have talent in dice; or in roulette; or in slot machine?

Then, after doing that, can explain in the same way and for the same gamble games above what does it mean to have skills in those?

Thanks.
I am afraid that some people are biased towards idea that you have to really can influence your outcome of DICE, roulette or other pure luck based games. There is no talent, secret gambling method or other magical theories involved in these. It is just probability theory.
legendary
Activity: 1134
October 22, 2015, 06:40:21 AM

Sometimes talent play a role in gambling, not in dice game but may be poker because mostly you really need skill and luck to play poker but dice only need some luck and balance to cover the loss

Well maybe there are people that has talent in gambling, but talent is natural aptitude so not all has it, and what about other people who does not possess such talent in gambling, what if only one person has many talent or skill, just like singing not all is good or possess this kind of talent, that is why if you does not possess such talent. it is better to play a few but not in a long run.

Talent/skill are different to me.  Skill can be acquired where if you have a talent for something you might just be god given talent.  I think Poker requires more skill than talent.  Reading people and their hands is the most important thing in the world for Poker, but you also still need luck in order to win.

Thanks.
Activity: 784
October 21, 2015, 09:39:02 AM

Sometimes talent play a role in gambling, not in dice game but may be poker because mostly you really need skill and luck to play poker but dice only need some luck and balance to cover the loss

Well maybe there are people that has talent in gambling, but talent is natural aptitude so not all has it, and what about other people who does not possess such talent in gambling, what if only one person has many talent or skill, just like singing not all is good or possess this kind of talent, that is why if you does not possess such talent. it is better to play a few but not in a long run.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 21, 2015, 08:39:23 AM

Pages:
Jump to: