Pages:
Author

Topic: Game with hidden Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 342 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1
July 27, 2021, 03:18:38 PM
And creator is working to accept bitcoin as a payment for his game too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/oq6lfo/my_solo_developed_indie_game_has_hidden_bitcoin/h6lzjny

Great idea, I hope it's fun and challenging to solve the puzzles.

What do you think about pushing this idea to promote bitcoin a bit further with project like this, to spread % of profits (if ever will be profitable) with gamers with future updates. Ofc for the sake of fun and awareness, not to strip creators from profits.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
July 27, 2021, 02:21:50 PM
This is the epic of it what a brilliant awareness package for Bitcoin but I'm certain the puzzle will be brain teasing and time demanding but the value of Bitcoin isn't revealed do have any idea of how much worth of bitcoin is involved.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
July 27, 2021, 11:43:38 AM
Interesting.
 Well, I hope something like that is done in a manner that creates solutions to problems that are useful in real world... in solving crimes for example, so people who would spend lots of their time solving the problem but fail to win can learn something useful from the game.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
July 27, 2021, 10:28:33 AM
also need to know the order of each word Roll Eyes

Anyone knows how long will it roughly take to be able to brute force all the order combinations of 12 words?

12! = 479,001,600 combinations or did my brain lag?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
July 27, 2021, 06:03:21 AM
Pretty sure that the person who will get this isn't a person but probably a team of people because I feel like the people who created this game isn't going to make it an easy game unless the bitcoin contained within the game as a reward isn't a lot. I just hope that the game would last for a year before it gets solved or better yet even if after it's solved, there's should be some playability in it like those New Game+.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 770
July 27, 2021, 05:59:46 AM
You also need to know the order of each word Roll Eyes

Will this be like a Seed key in a wallet?
12 words do I have to use permutations in math. Sad
Wow of course this is difficult, maybe almost impossible if there is a limit to the number of errors.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
July 27, 2021, 05:17:15 AM
You can also read the reddit post by author peelman1978: claiming he wants to raise awareness of Biotcoin:
Anything to raise awareness of Bitcoin (and promote my passion project)...

Not only is it a great creative way to raise awareness of Bitcoin, the marketing guy in me also really appreciates the fact that it's a really smart way to get publicity to the game as well! It seems to be the studio's first ever game, so there's a decent chance that this game wouldn't get any early traction if it weren't for this clever marketing gimmick.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
July 27, 2021, 05:05:18 AM
Now this is something nice and spreading awareness in and most entertaining way like you just become detective of town and looking for clues which are not only in-game clues to open some mystery door but will act as seed phrase and you can import it to Electrum to enjoy our free bitcoins.I personally find it very good move like you are John Wick with your loyal dog picking up the papers and finding clues and collecting groceries so that you could earn btc.I am also interested to find out the rewards and keen to know the gameplay like

1) Will only the first one will be awarded with the funds associated or there would be group hunt at one time and whoever wins that round will be having seed phrase which can be imported to wallet

2)What will be the amount of funds that can be withdrawn to our Electrum Wallet if we found all the papers at first.

Waiting for official launch of the game.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
July 27, 2021, 04:50:56 AM
Who Stole My Beard is a retro game that should be released on August 2nd 2021, it has hidden real Bitcoin inside and first player who solves the puzzle will get the prize, but I can't find exact information of exact amount of BTC.

There are 12 virtual scraps of paper in game and each of them is containing a single word, finding all worlds will give you seed phrase that you can import in Electrum wallet and claim your coins.

Game is developed by Cleardot Games aka Neil Collier from California, and you can find it on Steam store:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1141270/Who_Stole_My_Beard/

Your beard has been stolen! You and your loyal dog Leo must investigate the people and places of Beardsville to solve the crime. Uncover conspiracies, find new beards, and don't forget to pick up the groceries in this charming town of bearded intrigue.

About:
Set in the town of Beardsville, where the law requires every citizen to have a beard, you wake up one morning to the horror of all horrors...someone has stolen your beard! You and your loyal dog Leo must uncover the truth of this dastardly crime. Find new beards, help the community, look for clues, and discover a conspiracy deep in the heart of Beardsville. Can you solve the crime before the annual Beard Festival?

You can also read the reddit post by author peelman1978: claiming he wants to raise awareness of Biotcoin:
Anything to raise awareness of Bitcoin (and promote my passion project)...

Watch Official Trailer and good luck hunting that Bitcoin:
https://youtu.be/iklmYE4Efds
Pages:
Jump to: