Pages:
Author

Topic: Garage / Residential Data Center Mining Cave Planning - Garage Grotto Part 1 :D - page 5. (Read 6955 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Looking it over.

Okay you have an interior door  where does it lead to?

Interior door leads to the basement hallway connected to my bedroom one way and stairs the other

I put info above.  I think you can feed cooler air in via that door.

but you need a window for an exhaust vet in the garage.

cool air in basement >>> garage door >>>>> miners >>>> exhaust vent
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
#1. You said you had a 200 amp panel, is that a panel dedicate for the rigs, or your whole house? If it's a dedicated panel for rigs, then its simply 200*240*0.8 = 38,400 watts, or half that for 120v.

#2. You are gunna need an intake/outtake. Garage door is the obvious intake, using louvers. There are many examples around the forums. Definitely check out @yun9999's thread. I would turn the door to the outside (i don't see it in the pictures, but I believe you said one exists) into an exhaust. This would be easiest if it is a door you never have to use. You could mount a large fan in the top half of the doorway. What you'll need for fan size will be determined by how many rigs you have, and the ambient temp. Do you live in a hot area or no? That indented area may be fine for the time being. If you scaled enough I may worry that it is not close enough to the exhaust (although, again, i don't see the door, so i'm not sure). With 5 rigs i'm sure its fine.

3. The best racks for looks are definitely 42U server cabinets, but you'll pay up for them for sure. Metal wire shelving units that many miners use are much more cost effective, but are ugly and cable management can be difficult. I've also been told the server cabinets are better for cooling, I can't say from experience, but it would make sense to me.

Phil, feel free to correct me on anything  Grin
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Looking it over.

Interior door leads to the basement hallway connected to my bedroom one way and stairs the other

Also side note, I want to consolidate this into one thread and philipma I know we've talked briefly about this

I have a rig consisting of this

5x Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 w/ boost pcie /// ZCASH 1300h/s not overclocked

Intel Core I3-4160 Processor 3.60 GHz, 2-Core LGA1150 Socket, Hyper-Threading

ASRock H81 Pro BTC Mining LGA1150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Board

2x Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply

2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL9 @1.5V UDIMM 240-Pin Memory Module

Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) Solid State Drive (SV300S37A/120G)

Power Supply Reset Switch Motherboard Cable

5x PCI-E Express 1X to 16X Riser Adapter USB 60cm Cable w/ SATA or Molex Powered

KADA 6.1 GPU Mining Rig Open Air Frame Case Aluminium Chassis

Dual triple power supply adapter connector Relay Adapter link multiple add2PSU

I have a spare powered riser, no spare cards, and can add another card onto the PSU w/ 2 cards --- so really I am just trying to figure out how I can add a 6th card to this rig (running windows 10 w/ trixx) I do not want to sell the cards I think I'd rather just add 1 more, with that in mind should I hunt down another 280x? What about a nice nvidia to continue zcash? or Simply an rx470 4gb and turn this into an ETH rig
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Looking it over.

My idea is build a diy barn door inside the garage mount one fan like this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ventamatic-Cool-Attic-1650-CFM-Energy-Efficient-Power-Gable-Mount-Attic-Vent-CX2500UPS/202913826

so if you open the interior garage door  you see the diy sliding barn door  and there would be a fan like above pulling air into the garage.  obvious you need screens

the fan pull air in could be this one but must be at the bottom of the  interior entrance.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ventamatic-20-in-High-Velocity-Floor-Fan-HVFF-20UPS/202795625

this will bring in cool air from the house.

you will need an exhaust fan

which means put a window in the garage to exhaust air out

http://www.homedepot.com/p/iLIVING-5000-CFM-Power-30-in-Single-Speed-Shutter-Exhaust-Fan-ILG8SF30S/207174738
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hi guys I decided to make my own thread as I have a lot of questions . .

First I'm looking to setup an in home mining cave, I only have funds for ~5 rigs currently but I have goals of filling rigs to reach my electric capacity (200 amp box)

http://imgur.com/a/kUQqI

Please review my pictures, garage is semi underground, area is all cleared out now for mining, however a car will also be stored in the garage, it is a 1 car garage but honestly about the size of a 2 car garage.

You can see the panel in the back left, I am planning to upgrade the electric

Question #1 Can you please explain the rough max electric I can run for this system and how I should do it?

Question #2 How can I manage heat in this setup, there is only one door to the exterior which mimics a front door and then the garage door, the area closest to the concept mining area which is that indent in the garage however it does not have to be there, just seems to make most sense?

Question #3 Racks etc, my setup will be mostly GPU rigs, whats the best rack setup I can use as far as being useful, cooling, and looking decent

I have more questions but these are my main concerns at the moment, would love all input on how to successfully create this so that the setup is very efficient.

Pages:
Jump to: