Pages:
Author

Topic: Gate.io RBTC withdrawal issues [Case solved] - page 2. (Read 289 times)

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
it's stupid to set the minimum withdrawal to 8.1 rBTC. Who are the traders in this exchange?  

What I understand is that they are doing this so that people can not request any withdrawal but this is very unethical business conduct. At this point I am in doubt if this is a scam attempt or buying time.
Then they should disable the deposits of that particular altcoin instead like what other exchanges do, they even announced such update. I really think that this is one of their way to take their users funds and telling that its your fault to send amount when blabla.

On the other hand, Op must have checked from their end if gate.io has a particular RBTC pair available for trading or what. Try to be in talks with them Op, don't leave the issue as it is because exchanges will not update you often about it, it is you now who should knock them once every few days to get to know when they will allow the withdrawal.

It could already be assumed that there is a pair listed because gate.io allowed deposits and he knew this because he checked it. Found out later its market isn't yet open. The only option is to wait.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
What I understand is that they are doing this so that people can not request any withdrawal but this is very unethical business conduct. At this point I am in doubt if this is a scam attempt or buying time.
Then they should disable the deposits of that particular altcoin instead like what other exchanges do, they even announced such update. I really think that this is one of their way to take their users funds and telling that its your fault to send amount when blabla.

On the other hand, Op must have checked from their end if gate.io has a particular RBTC pair available for trading or what. Try to be in talks with them Op, don't leave the issue as it is because exchanges will not update you often about it, it is you now who should knock them once every few days to get to know when they will allow the withdrawal.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 47

But in common judgement I will say if anyone (in this case the OP) do not agree with a new term that was not agreed before, but they want you to accept that new term while they are blackmailing you. It's pretty much blackmailing because they know that this is a good amount, and you can do nothing about it. I do not like this type of approch.

Actually the withdrawal terms were already set when I deposited. But who would expect such ridiculous, impossible, terms? Besides that I expected to be able to trade RBTC to BTC to another coin (as with other exchanges that listed RBTC for deposits), so I didn't look at the withdrawal settings. However in laws in my country reasonable expectations also play an important role in law interpretation. I can imagine this will be similar in other countries. And a minimum of 8.1 RBTC withdrawal with an 8 RBTC fee is not a reasonable expectation.

Anyway, do they have (gate.io) has a representative here?

i shall invite them to explain themselves here. I doubt whether they will come and do that. I had to wait three days for a reply and had to push admins in Telegram hard to push the support team.

P.s. I also found another guy on Telegram with the same problem and the same Gate.io answer. He deposited 0.26 RBTC. He's more patient, but perhaps his portfolio is a 'bit' bigger than mine.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Gate.io had set the minimum withdrawal to 8.1 RBTC with a fee of 8 RBTC. Now 1 RBTC = 1 BTC!
Are they serious about this? Are they already struggling to demand this fee.

Can't say that you were scammed yet, but you can keep them updated about your issue since they're the only one who can resolve your issue.

But in common judgement I will say if anyone (in this case the OP) do not agree with a new term that was not agreed before, but they want you to accept that new term while they are blackmailing you. It's pretty much blackmailing because they know that this is a good amount, and you can do nothing about it. I do not like this type of approch.

Anyway, do they have (gate.io) has a representative here?

Gate.io had set the minimum withdrawal to 8.1 RBTC with a fee of 8 RBTC. Now 1 RBTC = 1 BTC!

Can't say that you were scammed yet, but you can keep them updated about your issue since they're the only one who can resolve your issue.

I think they are serious about not enabling depositors of RBTC to withdraw their funds.

And they are as updated as can be. At least the support team. But their reply was not very satisfactory as you can read above. Actually unacceptable. And perhaps even unlawful? Because at what point does this mode of conduct become a scam? I'm not very knowledgable in South-Korean law.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

I wanted to trade 0.15 of my RBTC for other coins. My Gate.io account was still open and at the deposits I found RBTC listed, so I sent my RBTC presuming that it would be traded at Gate.io as well. When my RBTC arrived and I hit the 'Trade' button I found out that RBTC was not traded at all. So far no harm. I just had to withdraw my funds again. However when I tried to withdraw my 0.15 RBTC I found out that Gate.io had set the minimum withdrawal to 8.1 RBTC with a fee of 8 RBTC. Now 1 RBTC = 1 BTC! After opening a support ticket they messaged after three days:

Quote from: Gate.io
RBTC may be listed on gate.io soon, and at that moment you can withdraw or trade it.

So they simply leave my RBTC stuck in my wallet while they keep it uncertain if I will ever be able to trade or withdraw my funds?! They write "may" be listed  and not "will" be listed!

Is this lawful? Have I been scammed by Gate.io? What should I do to resolve this problem? Does anybody have contact details of higher placed Gate.io officials?

I seek advice.
Pages:
Jump to: