Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 113. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Just wanted to say its great to see you still doing dev work even though sometimes monetary recognition is difficult.  Sorry that nicehash got recked.  Looking forward to seeing the next version !

Thank you! Well, the NiceHash security breach happened after I left NiceHash, so I wasn’t directly affected.
They haven’t paid me the last month’s salary they promised, but that’s an entirely different issue...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Can anyone help me really quick. I have two Furys running NeoScrypt using an A10 APU. If the APU is being listed as GPU 0 and the Furys are GPU 1 and 2, where to I add the - -device|-d 1 and - -device|-d 2 so I can prevent mining on the APU? Thank you for any help you can offer.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Just wanted to say its great to see you still doing dev work even though sometimes monetary recognition is difficult.  Sorry that nicehash got recked.  Looking forward to seeing the next version !
Activity: 119
Merit: 3
zawawa, with adding neoscrypt please take a look on cryptonight-lite. Maybe it didn't need much time to add them...

i will say it will be great to see add equihash + neoscrypt & lyra2rev2 in future

thx
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
zawawa, with adding neoscrypt please take a look on cryptonight-lite. Maybe it didn't need much time to add them...
Miner Developer
So zawawa can u atlast answer me why wont you post this cfg? :p

I decided a while ago not to provide support for the original Gateless Gate.
I am just too busy and I do not have time for that, unfortunately.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
What is speed you guys achieve with RX 470/570 4GB (whatever memory you got) mining cryptonight? And is it stable?
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Just finished looking at your ethash_pascal kernel.  It looks like you partition the work so 1 of the 4 SIMD units in each CU is used for Pascal, and the other 3 is used for Ethereum.  Is that correct?
I think you should be able to saturate the L2 interface with just 2 of the 4 SIMD units per CU, which would give you double the performance for Pascal.

I did try 2 SIMD units per CU for Ethash before, but the hashrate was significantly lower.
Tha dual mining kernel is essentially a hybrid of ethash-new.cl and pascal.cl from the original Gateless Gate, so you can experiment with ethash-new.cl with different local work sizes.

If it's a lot slower with 2, my first guess would be the keccak hash is slowing it down.  It probably won't be easy to improve without going to pure asm...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So zawawa can u atlast answer me why wont you post this cfg? :p
What about cryptonight-lite? GGS dosn't support it?
Activity: 13
Great job, love the interface, but I can only see 8 of 11 GPU's
Thanks, zawawa! Now we'll test it... Waiting for NeoScrypt.
Miner Developer
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.1.4 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.1.4-alpha

* Improved DEVFEE handling.
* Added support for zpool.
* Bug fix for 8+ GPU's.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

I am still out of country but managed to upload a new version.
I hope this version works well...
I will add NeoScrypt support next.
I really hope there will be support for more than 8 GPU's in windows
and also neoscrypt algo, there was nothing that could do better than Gateless Gate on AMD.
Miner Developer
Just finished looking at your ethash_pascal kernel.  It looks like you partition the work so 1 of the 4 SIMD units in each CU is used for Pascal, and the other 3 is used for Ethereum.  Is that correct?
I think you should be able to saturate the L2 interface with just 2 of the 4 SIMD units per CU, which would give you double the performance for Pascal.

I did try 2 SIMD units per CU for Ethash before, but the hashrate was significantly lower.
Tha dual mining kernel is essentially a hybrid of ethash-new.cl and pascal.cl from the original Gateless Gate, so you can experiment with ethash-new.cl with different local work sizes.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
How to fix this

I have the same error i hope someone will tell me whats wrong.

How many GPU's do you have in your system btw?

i have 9 GPU's , using windows 10

1 R9 Fury
1 Rx 470
1 RX570
4 RX580
1 Nvidia 1060
1 Nvidia 1070
Its support only 8 gpu devices that the reason you got that error...!!!
Activity: 141
Merit: 101
How to fix this

i have 9 GPU's , using windows 10

1 R9 Fury
1 Rx 470
1 RX570
4 RX580
1 Nvidia 1060
1 Nvidia 1070
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
And I think it's time to add neoscrypt. Please, add it.
zawawa already has neoscrypt build O_o

You are talking about the original Gateless Gate. I don't provide support for that anymore.
He is talking about the new Gateless Gate Sharp.

Soo you said somewhere 900kh/s neoscrypt for rx570 can u provide config?

I tried to mine ETN using RX580 in Gateless gate sharp..
Why it show actual hashrate only around 300 H/s while in approximate hashrate it can reach 800..
Is there any item I should modify to get the max hashrate?
What do you mean "actual hashrate"? I use GGS for cryptonight on ETN. Speed of cryptonight in miner same as allways. RX 580 800+ h/s.
Maybe you mean hashrate showed on the pool where you mine? In this case you must know that pools shows hashrate calculated from accepted recieved shares and difficulty on wich they was finded. If your pool shows recieved hashrate less then in miner it's a pool problem, not miner. Check pool diffeculty, maybe it too high for your rig. Try to use another port number from your pool with less difficulty. Pool can stale your shares. Try another pool.
And onother one thing - for compare actual speed from pool you must take it for long period of time. F.e. 12 hours or 24.
Jump to: