Pages:
Author

Topic: Gavin will visit the CIA - page 11. (Read 152935 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
June 07, 2011, 11:43:18 PM
Haha, you definitely have an alternate career in stand up comedy! Smiley
Stand-up comedy is my career, you fucktard.

My bad - you're an angry stand up comedian!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 07, 2011, 07:25:16 PM
Don't quit your day job.  Oh, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
June 07, 2011, 07:18:30 PM

Don't quit your day job.  Oh, sorry.
June 07, 2011, 07:16:29 PM
June 07, 2011, 07:14:28 PM
I vote lamb. Lamb tastes better. I've never had Satan, but I imagine the meat would be a bit overcooked...
Seitan is rather flavorless unless you marinate it well.

June 07, 2011, 07:13:28 PM
Ultimately, whom the individual is serving, Satan or the Lamb of God, is going to decide toward what purpose it is used.

I vote lamb. Lamb tastes better. I've never had Satan, but I imagine the meat would be a bit overcooked...

You are delightfully tacky yet unrefined in your humor! Ha ha! Smiley
June 07, 2011, 07:07:16 PM
Seitan is rather flavorless unless you marinate it well.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 07, 2011, 06:51:12 PM
Ultimately, whom the individual is serving, Satan or the Lamb of God, is going to decide toward what purpose it is used.

June 07, 2011, 06:35:09 PM
Intelligence agencies, governments or people aren't the enemy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is neutral and non-ideological. It doesn't have a cause or an enemy beyond security and privacy. Just as cash, anyone can use it; A terrorist, gun runner, ice cream salesman, hosting company or a hippie selling alpaca socks.

It's just safer and more anonymous than ordinary currency.

Your observation is right on the money xonar. BitCoin is an equal opportunity "offender" Smiley - it gives the opportunity to do both, Good and Evil. It delegates this responsibility to the individual.

Let's pray that most people will use it for Good, eventually, as has been the case with every other currency so far (dollars, euros, etc).
Activity: 339
División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización
June 07, 2011, 01:52:45 PM
Well, bitcoins can be compared to bombs, won't they see them as financial bombs?. You can have those at home and play with them. Tell that to the FBI. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
June 07, 2011, 01:32:13 PM
lol....lots of teen angst itt. Kurt Cobain sold out too you know.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
June 07, 2011, 10:24:59 AM
this is the equivalent of a mafia foot soldier visiting the feds 'just to chat' or the head of the nuclear program visiting iran 'just to give a presentation'

Honestly... way to sell this whole idea out.   It's one thing to tolerate the CIA but another to get right into bed with them.  Noone is saying to flout the law, but somehow I dont think that martin luther king would have gone to a clan meeting cuz he got paid 3000$.

Do you HONESTLY think these guys are fascinated by the intellectual curiosities of this like little school children?  

Sometimes a little passive resistance is CALLED for.. there's enough people selling out to the CIA they dont need YOUR HELP.

Intelligence agencies, governments or people aren't the enemy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is neutral and non-ideological. It doesn't have a cause or an enemy beyond security and privacy. Just as cash, anyone can use it; A terrorist, gun runner, ice cream salesman, hosting company or a hippie selling alpaca socks.

It's just safer and more anonymous than ordinary currency.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
June 07, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
this is the equivalent of a mafia foot soldier visiting the feds 'just to chat' or the head of the nuclear program visiting iran 'just to give a presentation'

Honestly... way to sell this whole idea out.   It's one thing to tolerate the CIA but another to get right into bed with them.  Noone is saying to flout the law, but somehow I dont think that martin luther king would have gone to a clan meeting cuz he got paid 3000$.

Do you HONESTLY think these guys are fascinated by the intellectual curiosities of this like little school children?  

Sometimes a little passive resistance is CALLED for.. there's enough people selling out to the CIA they dont need YOUR HELP.
Please explain how Gavin giving a presentation to the CIA equates to "selling out".

The beauty of open source is that there are no secrets. All the information that Gavin could present on Bitcoin is freely available to anyone with internet access.

I'm fascinated by the technical implementation of Bitcoin -- does that make me a little school child? You may see the CIA as just another three-letter government agency of jack-booted thugs, but you'd have to admit that they are one of the geekier three-letter government agencies of jack-booted thugs. I'm not defending the CIA or its actions; I'm just pointing out that the CIA attracts a lot of quality crypto talent so why wouldn't they be interested in the technical aspects of Bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 07, 2011, 09:42:09 AM

Great, so bitcoin is going to pit the CIA et al against the DEA et al
let's see who else? the FBI come in behind DEA, NSA probably CIA, DIA fathered Tor, SS are branch of treasury so they go on the blue team
{CIA NSA DIA} vs {DEA FBI SS}
bitcoin in the middle ... looks ripe for an anagram.
Activity: 84
June 07, 2011, 08:44:47 AM

I would have agreed with you until Senator Schumer decided to get holy against the freedom of anonymity.

He's putting his bets with the DEA.

We can protect our interests in relationship with the CIA.

…  Assuming, of course, bitcoin isn't a CIA project to begin with :-).

Seriously, they have their own budget and their own sources of income.  The way the law is written, they don't get any oversight when they are not paid by Congress.  Hence, they make sure that they don't get paid by Congress.
June 07, 2011, 07:00:18 AM
I hope you're right.  There are turbulent times ahead, and we'll have need of quick thinkers.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
June 06, 2011, 11:32:00 PM
satoshi may be alias, but he is still in bitcoin network & protecting it.
A creator can't let go his creation that easily. He vanished with the name satoshi, so that even if US try to track him, he can't be find.
Coz US will always try to bring down everything by DIRECT threatening to persons. Even a very small mistake, like not paying a ONE DOLLAR TAX, US will make up story that satoshi was terrorist by not paying ONE DOLLAR TAX. So, satoshi being invisible is good.
But, he is in different name protecting the system, a less known popular name.
Great minds always work that way. They will never want to SHOW OFF them selves, they just do their work silently with out needing publicity.

God exists in the form of humans, but that humans won't show them selves in public, coz they came to help others, not to get publicity from others.
June 06, 2011, 09:39:09 PM
I said anarchists, not anarchy.  I was referring to the people who subscribe to that social idea, and using Mad Max 2 to describe what I thought that the reality behind the social idea would be.  I think possibly my grammar is to blame for this, and I can see where the confusion might arise.  I'll keep a closer eye on it from here on.
June 06, 2011, 09:33:17 PM
I am describing total social chaos because I flat out don't believe that anarchy as you subscribe to it can bring about the kind of functional, free form social structure that the career anarchist subscribes to.  I don't recognize a difference.  This too will pass, as we change as a race.  But for now, we'll have to agree to disagree.
If you think that we cannot hope for more than chaos in the absence of government and other authoritarian social relationships, and that we cannot possibly achieve anarchy, then say so. Anarchy and chaos, however, are not synonyms, so the whole association between Mad Max 2 and anarchy makes no sense.
June 06, 2011, 09:21:00 PM
I am describing total social chaos because I flat out don't believe that anarchy as you subscribe to it can bring about the kind of functional, free form social structure that the career anarchist subscribes to.  I don't recognize a difference.  This too will pass, as we change as a race.  But for now, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Pages:
Jump to: