Pages:
Author

Topic: GB Coin: Real Team & Workshops & Financial Goals - page 40. (Read 47610 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Latest article on the blog: Do You Need Mining Help?

Common questions of crypto newbies are where do the coins come from and how do they mine them?

Most people don’t realize that their own fiat currency (Pound, Euro, Dollar, etc) is created from thin air by so-called central banks. Central banks control and manipulate currencies in collusion with governments.

Crypto-currencies on the other hand are not controlled by any one – especially not governments or central banks. However, the coins are usually generated by the wallets as rewards for miners. It works basically like this: coins are sent from one wallet to another and these are called transactions. Transactions are stored in a public ledger called the blockchain. The blockchain is created by the miners and their reward is a certain amount of coins.

Source: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/do-you-need-mining-help/

Yes Jasmein.

The idea of distributing digital coins to hundreds of thousands or millions of people is somewhat flawed. Most probably won't be interested and many of those that are will probably dump them on the markets pretty quickly.

We are giving free workshops to those interested, more details here: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/free-gb-coin-workshops/

At the end of the workshops we will be giving away some free GB Coins.

We will also encouraging knowledgeable students to run their own workshops and give away coins too. We have a 300,000 coin budget.

is this different from auroracoin, spaincoin, etc.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
is this different from auroracoin, spaincoin, etc.
Here's the write-up: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/should-bitcoin-be-classed-as-a-currency-or-commodity-and-does-it-really-matter/

The IRS are arguing that Bitcoin cannot be considered a currency because it does not have “legal tender status”. And who gives Bitcoin legal tender status? The governments/authorities do of course. And will the governments/authorities give Bitcoin legal tender status? Unlikely, because this will legitimize Bitcoin even more and help it spread. But, that does not matter to many millions of crypto-currency enthusiasts throughout the World.

So, why are governments recognizing Bitcoin if they don’t want it considered a currency? Three guesses? Tax, tax and more tax!

The Internet/Web has evolved faster than most people imagined and no-one controls it even though several authorities/governments have tried. Bitcoin is built upon the Internet/Web, and is a true example of Laissez-faire dynamics that will bring about a real freedom movement.
Great point!

The IRS, and some other countries seem to be following suit, are treating Bitcoin (and the alts) as a commodity, but we both know this is not accurate - it should be a currency as you state. The last thing governments want is us (the public) seeing crypto-currencies as alternative currencies.

Here's the IRS article.

I think a good currency should be a mass-circulation currency and not a commodity. Because of the limitations of the value of the product is its instability line. Currency markets as an alternative measure of equivalent goods, since stability is very important. I hope to have my say the new currency qualities.  GB  you need come on.I hope to be harvested.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
I think a good currency should be a mass-circulation currency and not a commodity. Because of the limitations of the value of the product is its instability line. Currency markets as an alternative measure of equivalent goods, since stability is very important. I hope to have my say the new currency qualities.  GB  you need come on.I hope to be harvested.
lol

There's a very little 1% premine, but most of it shared with the community and workshop students - see below.

GB = Great Britain?
Greedy Bastards? Cheesy
Great Britain or Great British  Grin

GB = Great Britain?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
IT maybe last crazy of scrypt coin
Activity: 106
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
GB = Great Britain?
Thanks.

My friend has a pool I'll ask him for you.
We have one pool operator on-board (blazinghashes.com), but we are looking for more.

Please chime in guys.
As mentioned in the first post, Craig is our disabled (blind) wallet tester and crypto fanatic. So, yeah, this is a good idea. Will definitely get our community thinking about this.

will you be donating to the RNIB then or any other uk charities?
We got some cutting edge articles coming to the blog, real eye-openers.

This is one we posted the other day: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/does-goldman-sachs-have-an-unhealthy-influence-at-the-bank-of-england/

my wife is from Yorkshire, she's more keen to see Scotland independent than I am!
I'm all for independence for Yorkshire Tongue
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Updated first post with banner. Let us know what you think.
Yeah like that, looks like an actual coin too as opposed to a badge like some of them.
Updated first post with banner. Let us know what you think.
Most people don't understand the control and manipulation by central banks.

Great image here from FB.

Yeah, the UK Government suck. That's one of the reasons for our persistence with crypto-currencies.

We got plenty of articles coming to the blog. Here's one: http://blog.gbcoinfoundation.org/fake-austerity-measures-in-great-britain/
Absolutely PT!

Read this

I love coins that have a cap of less than a billion!
Pages:
Jump to: