Pages:
Author

Topic: [GB] USB ASIC miner - closed and completed - page 18. (Read 151414 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 252

Cheesy Cheesy

wollte jetzt mal unter windows8 64-bit laufen lassen....

mit ztex-bords und cgminer 3.2.0 auch kein problem !

Aber: sobald ich die USB-Sticks anschließe und auf 3.1.1 mit Com10 starte:

cgminer-nogpu.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM10

kommt die Meldung
"Diese App kann auf diesem PC nicht ausgeführt werden"

3.2.0  kennt aber den -S befehl nicht..... wer eine Idee ?

Hat noch wer das Problem gehabt ? Wie habt Ihr das umgangen ?

-S COM10 funktioniert nicht, geht so nur bis COM9. Für alle weiteren Ports: -S \\.\COMxx
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
3.2.0  kennt aber den -S befehl nicht..... wer eine Idee ?
Habs noch nicht selbst getestet mit 3.2.0 aber werde es vermutlich heute abend auf einem Raspberry Pi.

Hier ist der Post von kano bzgl. Änderungen in 3.2.0:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2324764

Laut diesem sind keine seriellen Treiber für Win mehr nötig (deinstallieren!) sondern läuft über zadig und ansonsten sollte cgminer 3.2.0 alle Devices selbst erkennen (kein -S mehr).

EDIT: Sorry, immer hilfreich wenn man den ganzen thread liest... 3.2.0 scheint wohl doch noch ein paar kleine Probleme zu haben. Werds trotzdem mal (zwar unter Linux) testen.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Cheesy Cheesy

wollte jetzt mal unter windows8 64-bit laufen lassen....

mit ztex-bords und cgminer 3.2.0 auch kein problem !

Aber: sobald ich die USB-Sticks anschließe und auf 3.1.1 mit Com10 starte:

cgminer-nogpu.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM10

kommt die Meldung
"Diese App kann auf diesem PC nicht ausgeführt werden"

3.2.0  kennt aber den -S befehl nicht..... wer eine Idee ?

Hat noch wer das Problem gehabt ? Wie habt Ihr das umgangen ?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
"The recipient was not present."

Actually, this was the only day of the week I was present.
Fuck you DHL.

I hate it when that happens - you should complain to DHL - I bet they will offer you a free 'upgrade' to 'next day before 1pm'...
Activity: 27
Got my 5 Erupter yesterday. Cheesy

Here's my setup. In hindsight I do like the Anker USB3.0 hub setup (the 50 ASICs one Cool) quite a bit and maybe I should have gone that way... Wouldn't be so cluttered but oh well.
2 Lancelot and 5 USB cattle brander happily hashing away at ~2,5Gh/s:

https://i.imgur.com/zW8sVpk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ghNVMdd.jpg

Thanks a bunch to yxt for organizing this group-buy. Has been a real pleasure, kudos!  Smiley

Btw, is this the reason group-buys won't be necessary in the future you were talking about by any chance?
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Recieve my two erupter this morning.

They already mining ^^

Thx to you yxt  Wink
Activity: 34
My order has arrived (Portugal), but was left by a pharmacy in my building since I'm working.

Can't wait to get home and start preparing my mining setup!  Smiley

Thanks yxt!

Major letdown, it was another order that was delivered by DHL... so I'm still waiting for my USB Block Eruptor.

Hope it arrives this week Smiley
Activity: 314
I used a Dremel to recycle the packaging of one USB ASIC into a USB stand, after i found a passive 4 port USB hub in a tinker box with old hardware.
Sadly the distance between the USB ports is to narrow for two USB ASIC's side by side.
http://imgur.com/a/ldAmI#0  Cheesy
Nice idea, could be topped on a pi and arranged with some battery as flowerpot fed by some solar cell *deaming of thriving ASIC-flowers*.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
looks like an ASIC flower  Smiley
Activity: 30
I used a Dremel to recycle the packaging of one USB ASIC into a USB stand, after i found a passive 4 port USB hub in a tinker box with old hardware.
Sadly the distance between the USB ports is to narrow for two USB ASIC's side by side.
http://imgur.com/a/ldAmI#0  Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/PVNLWCT.jpg
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
1GHs up and running Smiley

Activity: 70
Merit: 2
Order #25 has just arrived today morning! 2 USB's works fine, thanks yxt for your job!
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
I can confirm that my order for 2x USB Block Erupter's arrived safely today here with me in the UK.

Thank you! - yxt (and Friedcat ofc).

I decided to test the device on my old Asus Eee 700 PC (laptop) which has a 2GB SSD HD - 800 Mhz CPU - 512 MB RAM - running Windows XP.

This is a special laptop - as in 2009-2010 I used this very machine to generate 'a few extra Bitcoins' - Yes really!  Shocked  Cool

With it's 800 Mhz processor this laptop probably generated somewhere around 1000-ish Bitcoin's, which are now in full circulation ofc. It ran 24/7 for several months (2 of these laptops actually on/off), until 100's of new nodes arrived on the Bitcoin network and the difficulty level got to great.

Obviously I'm not going to run the 2x USB Block Erupter sticks 24/7 using this laptop...

My Alienware desktop has a USB 3.0 'charger' cable socket and I've also purchased an ORICO W8PH4 Series 'Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub' (4 port) and although it doesn't need a power cable I did need an AM/AF 1.5m USB 3.0 (blue) extension cable for it. Note that only 2 USB Block Erupter's can attach to this hub due to the direction and spacing of the ports, but it is a fully working hub. Also pictured is an USB 'Mini-Fan' JLK-002 which has an 'Ultra-low Power-wind Volume' (according to the box - lol), which was 'cheap as chips' on ebay and just the job. It really does have 'Power-wind', I had to stick it down with blue tack, I'd recommend it in fact! Grin

A good cooling fan is essential and USB 3.0 charger (blue) Ports / Cables / Hubs (where possible) - as I've noticed much reduced HW errors when incorporating all of these factors.

With this 'High-Power' / good cooling set-up each USB Block Erupter has settled at around 334 to 335 Mh/s with cgminer 3.1.1 after several hours of operation.

Thanks again - yxt - I will certainly purchase more USB Block Erupter's from you and + rep.  Smiley
asap  Smiley

Please post here when the possible becomes as soon as. I want to be in the first parcel next time Smiley
Activity: 476
CumpsD, have you checked how many watts does the pi consume? I'm considering using a pi too.

I tried to power the Pi from the hub itself today and that worked, although the USB should provide not more then 500 mA...
So maybe I will use only one Power supply for the hub which powers the gizmos and the pi also

That's what I'm doing too Smiley
Activity: 302
Merit: 252
CumpsD, have you checked how many watts does the pi consume? I'm considering using a pi too.

I tried to power the Pi from the hub itself today and that worked, although the USB should provide not more then 500 mA...
So maybe I will use only one Power supply for the hub which powers the gizmos and the pi also
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
asap  Smiley
My new BTC mining lab:

1 x Asus Radeon HD 7870 (420 MH/s)
2 x Block Erupter USB ASIC miner (660 MH/s)

Nice - I thought of something similar but I didn't want to blow the hot air from the usb's onto my gpu's so I used a separate fan out of the way. Also is that a wall at the back of your pc? - I would pull it out a bit and allow the heat from gpu to blow out the back freely. Lastly - and it's only my opinion, it looks like you have 2 unused slots there - I'd remove the metal protectors from them to let even more air into the box near the gpu... Happy mining Smiley

1 - It's not in the photo, but I have a 120mm fan at the right of the USB Gizmos, blowing into the GPU. Nevertheless, I can redirect the small fan.
2 - No, it's not a wall, but a paper, to hide the cables, only for the photo.
3 - I'll remove the metal protectors. Thanks for the idea!
4 - There is space for more USB Gizmos... Waiting for some BTC to buy 1 or 2 more. For now, I only can mine 1.2 GHash/s  Sad

Cool.

The only regret I have from my dealings with yxt is that I only had enough coins for 2 usb's at the time Smiley .  Soon I'll have enough for 2 more - I hope he goes again... or tells us more about his 'deal' with friedcat?
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
My new BTC mining lab:

1 x Asus Radeon HD 7870 (420 MH/s)
2 x Block Erupter USB ASIC miner (660 MH/s)

Nice - I thought of something similar but I didn't want to blow the hot air from the usb's onto my gpu's so I used a separate fan out of the way. Also is that a wall at the back of your pc? - I would pull it out a bit and allow the heat from gpu to blow out the back freely. Lastly - and it's only my opinion, it looks like you have 2 unused slots there - I'd remove the metal protectors from them to let even more air into the box near the gpu... Happy mining Smiley

1 - It's not in the photo, but I have a 120mm fan at the right of the USB Gizmos, blowing into the GPU. Nevertheless, I can redirect the small fan.
2 - No, it's not a wall, but a paper, to hide the cables, only for the photo.
3 - I'll remove the metal protectors. Thanks for the idea!
4 - There is space for more USB Gizmos... Waiting for some BTC to buy 1 or 2 more. For now, I only can mine 1.2 GHash/s  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
Order #66 arrived and hashing away here in the UK Cool

yxt simply AMAZING!! So fast, beautifully packed and good instructions on getting it mining on windows 7, played round with few settings and things but wanted to say thank you first before posting about that Smiley

Few pics on the way as well but imgur being a bad monkey atm.... and I have left feedback on the new rating here for you

thanks again and just a shame the difficulty just jumped so much today and that i didn't order more!!
Pages:
Jump to: