Pages:
Author

Topic: [GBIT] GRAVITYBITS - SHA256 - POW/hiPOS - GravityBits Auctions - page 3. (Read 12894 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
What are the plans for this coin?

Your guess is as good as ours... We'll see. No signs of anything bad yet considering the dev(s) haven't even gotten in contact with any exchanges yet. Though that could change by the time this is posted Tongue

EDIT: They just released their plans. Anyone want to purchase some coins?? This just turned into some infomercial shit... If not, I'll burn them to avoid someone getting royally fucked.

You expect someone to buy your coins after implying they'll be royally fucked in the process?  
You must be retarded.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Your guess is as good as ours... We'll see. No signs of anything bad yet considering the dev(s) haven't even gotten in contact with any exchanges yet. Though that could change by the time this is posted Tongue

EDIT: They just released their plans. Anyone want to purchase some coins?? This just turned into some infomercial shit... If not, I'll burn them to avoid someone getting royally fucked.

Going twice...

How many do you have, and how much?

PM me an offer
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Going twice...

Only 6,051. Selling at 1,000 sats each. That almost covers mining costs

I just got a pm from the dev and they said they contacted yobit and it should be listed within a day or two.  Smiley
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Going twice...

Going twice...

Going once...

Activity: 363
Stake systems as they are normally characterized by their developers:

POS - Coin age is used in the calculation for both stake weight AND the staking reward. Staking reward is set by the coin's APR. The effect is a stable, consistent interest for all staking wallets, regardless of input size or reasonable downtime.

First coin: NXT Peercoin.

HiPOS - Coin age is used in the calculation for stake weight, but not staking reward. Staking reward is fixed per a schedule. Results in stable, consistent interest for staking wallets as long as down time is minimal and inputs are small. Large input size is harshly punished by HiPOS.

First coin: BitBeans.

DPOS - Coin age is irrelevant. All coins that are mature will add the same staking weight (usually 1 in the wallet hover display). Results in stable, consistent interest only for active wallets and only with small inputs. Downtime and large inputs will significantly impact your interest with DPOS. On the plus side, no age means that moving coins is less costly because lost coin age is not detrimental.

First coin: I don't remember, something crappy.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
To our supporters,

First off we wanted to say thank you, we had a great launch.  The first stage of GravityBits was a success. Proof of Work is now over and is currently in its HiPos stage.  This stage will last until block 300,000.  A complete block schedule is shown below.

Now moving forward…  Over the next few weeks, gravitybits.xyz will have its new face.  GravityBits is going to be an online auction site for everything cryptocurrency and more.  The site is going to consist of two main features.    Penny bidding and member auctions.

Penny bidding will be the first feature to launch for GravityBits.

For those who don’t know what penny bidding is, here’s a good example: http://www.beezid.com/

For now this is all the information we are releasing.  Sorry we are keeping this short, we just wanted to give everyone the direction we are heading with GravityBits.

Other notes:  

A new forum is being setup on forum.gravitybits.xyz

Bitcointalk will also be updated with all new information and will be monitored daily.

We will be working with a few exchanges to make it easy to purchase GravityBits to be used on the site.

Block schedule:  http://s11.postimg.org/qc07bq3w3/blocksechedule.png
legendary
What does hiPOS exactly mean? I've seen a few hiPos coins in the last few months but i've never really understood it

hiPOS is High Interest Proof of Stake. Essentially; a POS system that is a fixed reward rather than a percentage yield; which is awarded out based on luck/coin age/coin weight.

So hiPOS will pay X coins from blocks A to B Block Number.

With this coin; it is hiPOS until block 300,000, then it moves to POS, which is 14% APY.

RE: Roberto; yes; 1 Day is the maturity for this coin according to main.cpp in the git pull.

Cheers,

Strato
So basically it's just a normal pos with high reward, nothing special

Pretty much; someone correct me if I'm wrong of course. Its essentially a coined term (theres little documentation on hiPOS; it's an acronym dev's use and nothing more).

I view hiPOS as an extension of POW. Where hiPOS blocks equal the output in terms of coin count as POW blocks - in a short period of time. So a hiPOS coin would say have a total 10M coins; 5M of which are POW over a timespan of 60 Days; and the other 5M are hiPOS minted as POS over an additional 60 Days.

Viewed from an APY standpoint; that's in the 10s of 1000s of percent APY. Add in a short maturity time; say 24 or 48 hours, and the compounding effects of hiPOS reward blocks earning hiPOS reward blocks... you get the picture.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think I've seen a hiPOS coin that uses hiPOS perpetually. It is usually used to supplement POW, and once hiPOS ends, a standard POS structure is implemented based on a more reasonable (subjective) reward rate. In this case it's 14%, but some hiPOS coins go the route of a more sustainable POS rate like 2% or 3% APY.

Strato

HiPOS is just another reward structure variant used to promote holding/staking/trading of a coin.
Using coin control properly, you can increase your holdings considerably vs the standard APR some POS coins use. HiPOS is great for incentivizing people to hold as developers release more info on their projects, while also allowing people with smaller holdings to benefit greatly by simply finding a few blocks at the right time.

This type of reward structure was made popular by coins such as Positron and BitBean in early 2015.
Activity: 659
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
What does hiPOS exactly mean? I've seen a few hiPos coins in the last few months but i've never really understood it

hiPOS is High Interest Proof of Stake. Essentially; a POS system that is a fixed reward rather than a percentage yield; which is awarded out based on luck/coin age/coin weight.

With this coin; it is hiPOS until block 300,000, then it moves to POS, which is 14% APY.

RE: Roberto; yes; 1 Day is the maturity for this coin according to main.cpp in the git pull.

Cheers,

Strato

Pretty much; someone correct me if I'm wrong of course. Its essentially a coined term (theres little documentation on hiPOS; it's an acronym dev's use and nothing more).

I view hiPOS as an extension of POW. Where hiPOS blocks equal the output in terms of coin count as POW blocks - in a short period of time. So a hiPOS coin would say have a total 10M coins; 5M of which are POW over a timespan of 60 Days; and the other 5M are hiPOS minted as POS over an additional 60 Days.

Viewed from an APY standpoint; that's in the 10s of 1000s of percent APY. Add in a short maturity time; say 24 or 48 hours, and the compounding effects of hiPOS reward blocks earning hiPOS reward blocks... you get the picture.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think I've seen a hiPOS coin that uses hiPOS perpetually. It is usually used to supplement POW, and once hiPOS ends, a standard POS structure is implemented based on a more reasonable (subjective) reward rate. In this case it's 14%, but some hiPOS coins go the route of a more sustainable POS rate like 2% or 3% APY.

Strato
legendary
PoW is now over, those still mining should point their rigs/rentals elsewhere.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 15000;
{"code":-1,"message":"No more PoW blocks"}
Activity: 462

Cheers,

Strato
Activity: 659
Merit: 501
Great Staking coin. So far solid. I just keep mining at bitgen.net
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

Cheers,

Strato
Activity: 462
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001
How long do these coins take to mature? had in wallet almost 24h and still not mature  Embarrassed

I think it's 1 day
Activity: 247
How long do these coins take to mature? had in wallet almost 24h and still not mature  Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: