Pages:
Author

Topic: [GE] Greed Evolved • HiPOS & POW Hybrid • Inflation Blocking • Super Blocks! - page 3. (Read 20732 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
so from Greed to Greed-E and now to Swing Smiley hopefully thiss swing will be worth to take and interesting as your previous projects, definitely will be looking forward to hear from you and to the new Ann. if you had scheduled anytime line thn pls let us know

Please see this post for the current Swing status.

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Initial proof of concept tests (make sure the new ideas work as intended)
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Use assets to prepare wallet, thread, and website.
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

So basically, POS rewards = 1% of the last 3 digits of the block count.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

So for example, on block 8532:

POS reward = 5.32
POW reward = 80% of 5.32 = 4.256

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

Can you give us a estimate of when you think the coin will (re)-launch?

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

So what is stopping the PoS block from taking over and bypassing the PoW block schedule per spike to get through it faster ?

Basically no one has to mine and you can get through the blocks meant for PoW with PoS staking only quicker, having PoW & PoS working like this will always result in different block numbers per algorithm you anticipate.

E.G PoS solves blocks faster than PoW so the PoW & PoS schedule would be incorrect.

I'm not following your logic. Each block can be either POW or HiPos. The blocks are hard coded, the schedule cannot be incorrect. None of the blocks are meant specifically for miners or stakers, you have to fight over them.

I expect 25% - 50% of blocks to be discovered by POW miners depending on the net hash rate based on the tests carries out during GE staking rounds. Possibly more if someone dumps a lot of hashing power on the network during the spikes.

Holders staking are meant to have the advantage over non-holders. This edge for holders is something the community requested and enjoyed about GE. It's also what's allowing us to test the effect of a swinging miners supply on price. Miners that choose to hold and stake will have the advantage over miners who dump, and GE holders that don't dump / people who buy up swing will have even more of an advantage depending on their strategies. It should be pretty competitive.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
so from Greed to Greed-E and now to Swing Smiley hopefully thiss swing will be worth to take and interesting as your previous projects, definitely will be looking forward to hear from you and to the new Ann. if you had scheduled anytime line thn pls let us know

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Figure out if said specs are possible in theory (and if I can do it with my skillset)
[] Build the coin base
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Get assets from web designer (Wallet images, thread images, website images, promotional images)
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

So I'm excited to be able to say that I've made enough progress to release the reward specs for swing. The initial proof of concept tests have passed, meaning I should be able to finalize swing to the specs posted below.

POW is the same, only there is a multiplier. It's factored by taking the number in the thousandth place and multiplying it by 10, and the result is the percentage of POS miners get.

I need to come up with a way to explain it better by launch but the chart should help.

POS reward = 5.32

The only deviation is when the thousandth place is 0. Rather than have miners earn nothing they earn 100%.

So the supply will inflate at a maximum rate of (roughly) 2500 coins per day, and 912,500 coins per year. (Keeping in mind that's the max, if every block was POS)

I've opted to pay a web designer to do the assets for me this time around. I think a professional look and feel can go a long way. He is shooting to get the artwork done by the 14th, but I told him it's ok to overshoot by a few days if it means higher quality work. I would love to launch by this weekend. If I can wrap everything up and get the assets in time I will try to. However, that's just an ideal date. I don't want to give any hard dates as I know how awful they can be for markets when things get delayed and dates are missed. However, I'm currently hoping to launch sometime this month without much issue.

Thanks for the continued support guys. You're all awesome. I hope everyone likes the direction swing is taking. The "game" aspect has been pulled back and will be a lot less intense, but I think there is still a lot of room for strategy. This design makes for longevity unlike the others, and continues our tradition of hard coded speculation points which I'm pretty excited to see play out.

So what is stopping the PoS block from taking over and bypassing the PoW block schedule per spike to get through it faster ?

Basically no one has to mine and you can get through the blocks meant for PoW with PoS staking only quicker, having PoW & PoS working like this will always result in different block numbers per algorithm you anticipate.

E.G PoS solves blocks faster than PoW so the PoW & PoS schedule would be incorrect.

ToDo:

[] Come up with a name
[] Design the specs
[] Build the coin base
[] Finalize coin
[] Final tests
[] Create swap form
[] Launch

POS reward = 5.32

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Ok I made #SwingCoin in IRC. I'll try to camp in there occasionally.

I hooked your IRC up to my slack. You can click my signature to sign up. Room is swing-and-ge.
IRC? Slack?

There is #Greed currently but it's pretty dead as I don't camp in there.

I guess I should make a #Swing channel or something.

+1 for a swingers channel, as long as there are chicks  Grin

HAH. Would have been good.
Ok I made #SwingCoin in IRC. I'll try to camp in there occasionally.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
IRC? Slack?

+1 for a swingers channel, as long as there are chicks  Grin
IRC? Slack?

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Swing code base nearing completion btw. Looking good.  Grin

What kind of swap do you have in mind considering the coins' supply?

GE will be converted to somewhere around 200,000 - 500,000 SWING (I still need to make up my mind on this). GREED and GE will act as the distribution phase for SWING so there will be no major mining period in SWING. It will all come from GE. After that it's just what's in the chart above.

Thanks. Very interesting. We'll be waiting for news.
Swing code base nearing completion btw. Looking good.  Grin

GE will be converted to somewhere around 200,000 - 500,000 SWING (I still need to make up my mind on this). GREED and GE will act as the distribution phase for SWING so there will be no major mining period in SWING. It will all come from GE. After that it's just what's in the chart above.
Swing code base nearing completion btw. Looking good.  Grin

Swing code base nearing completion btw. Looking good.  Grin
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from the artist. I think Swing will be nice and sleek!

We're going to 50k-100k sat !

Good work dev  Smiley

Yah wooooww

Cieling just bounced off 9k like it was nothing.

I think it will settle around a 4 - 6 k ceiling for now.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from the artist. I think Swing will be nice and sleek!

We're going to 50k-100k sat !

Good work dev  Smiley
Ok, so the artist doing the assets is going to give me a couple Swing logos to choose from. I think I'll put them up in a poll and let you guys vote once I get them.
You mentioned roughly 1 million new coins per year.  What about the money supply from existing GE?
What do you see the swap rate being to convert GE to SWING?

I'm still making up my mind on that. But I'm thinking of starting out with 200,000 - 500,000 Swing from the GE swap. Any less than 200k and we might run into staking speed issues.
Pages:
Jump to: