Pages:
Author

Topic: Gekko - a javascript trading bot and backtesting platform - page 21. (Read 147846 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Why are we discussing cryptotrader in the Gekko topic?

BTW: Because none of the current bots out there were working for me, I coded my own one in Node.JS in 2 days, working perfectly. All of you could do this if you put a little effort in it...

Want to make it open source?

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Why are we discussing cryptotrader in the Gekko topic?

It would be awesome to see this bot converted over to talib and coffeescript so methods could be easily imported from cryptotrader.  Not sure how much work that would be, any thoughts?

This bot doesn't do anything special (trading-algo wise). This is nothing you can't write in 5 minutes in coffeescript.
Perhaps more people here should do some self education on what good / bad indicators are and try to understand them.

BTW: Because none of the current bots out there were working for me, I coded my own one in Node.JS in 2 days, working perfectly. All of you could do this if you put a little effort in it...
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
So far I'm very happy with my java code.

TradesLikeAPotato: I am still looking for a collab, if you want to discuss your ideas ...

I've sent you a message.
legendary
Activity: 965
So far I'm very happy with my java code.

TradesLikeAPotato: I am still looking for a collab, if you want to discuss your ideas ...
Activity: 41
Well, the tool is fed with market data downloaded from the site, but all trading is performed on client side.

IMHO - very bad idea. Bitcoincharts is well known "stable" service. This days I have a satanic problems as my bots must load historical data from it, but have 404,502 and more shit.

Maybe you build a really better service, but I don't need this.

I (as a user) need a standalone bot, which:

can sit on some VDS and keep all it need in local environment
have trading algorithm which can be modified or completely rewritten without head ash
have interface to major exchanges API (bitstamp,btce,btcchina)
have modular structure, which allow it to be real open source, but not the one more programmer's toy (old,without eye and paw on github's attic)  

Something like QtBitcoinTrader or MT4,  but concentrated on easy implementation of different trade strategies on different exchanges. Based on node.js.

Agreed. Cryptotrader is the closest I've found but nothing as of yet can handle the algorithms I have in mind. I wish I had more programming experience so I could do it myself.
legendary
I totally agree with almost everything you said. But I won't use javascript for such a project.

Written in Java it will not be popular
in php it will be stupid because anyway it will use JS for interfaces
Pithon - it will not be reliable.. one more "Basic like" - C# - win only

You have no choice  Wink

node.js is just like bitcoin: you can resist, but you can't ignore. People make very powerful (including high loaded )  projects on it.

legendary
I totally agree with almost everything you said. But I won't use javascript for such a project.
legendary
Well, the tool is fed with market data downloaded from the site, but all trading is performed on client side.

IMHO - very bad idea. Bitcoincharts is well known "stable" service. This days I have a satanic problems as my bots must load historical data from it, but have 404,502 and more shit.

Maybe you build a really better service, but I don't need this.

I (as a user) need a standalone bot, which:

can sit on some VDS and keep all it need in local environment
have trading algorithm which can be modified or completely rewritten without head ash
have interface to major exchanges API (bitstamp,btce,btcchina)
have modular structure, which allow it to be real open source, but not the one more programmer's toy (old,without eye and paw on github's attic)  

Something like QtBitcoinTrader or MT4,  but concentrated on easy implementation of different trade strategies on different exchanges. Based on node.js.

legendary
I'm working on such stuff, but it will need some time, before it is ready for release. Looking for a collab, but no interest so far...
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
It would be awesome to see this bot converted over to talib and coffeescript so methods could be easily imported from cryptotrader.  Not sure how much work that would be, any thoughts?

By the way there is standalone tool similar to Gekko that supports all Cryptotrader.org features https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade 

Standalone tool or in fact Cryptotrader.org client (as written on github) ?

legendary
It would be awesome to see this bot converted over to talib and coffeescript so methods could be easily imported from cryptotrader.  Not sure how much work that would be, any thoughts?

By the way there is standalone tool similar to Gekko that supports all Cryptotrader.org features https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade  

Standalone tool or in fact Cryptotrader.org client (as written on github) ? I'm not too much experienced to understand at a glance the way it operate. Smiley
Activity: 220

Activity: 230
what interval do you recommend to run the script? i'm new at trading and different times between candles gives different results.
Activity: 195
It would be awesome to see this bot converted over to talib and coffeescript so methods could be easily imported from cryptotrader.  Not sure how much work that would be, any thoughts?
Activity: 399
Did i do anything wrong. How come the program wouldn't move after gekko shows me advice to buy.
Settings are default.

C:\gekko-master>node gekko
2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     I'm gonna make you rich, Bud Fox.
2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     Let me show you some Exponential Moving Averages

2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     Using normal settings to monitor the live market

2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     NOT trading with real money
2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     Profit reporter active on simulated balance
2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     Calculating EMA on historical data...
2013-10-24 14:56:03 (INFO):     ADVICE is to BUY @ 207.000 (1.496)

Simple………. The bot only trades/gives advice WHEN the requirements are met….

So it may be a minute,hour,day,week,year……… before it gives a new message, it's not broken, just the market does not match the requirements YOU set….
Activity: 462
Please read the thread before asking and at least have a look at the github repository.
This project is currently a little bit on hold and isn't being updated anymore.

If you don't understand Node.JS then don't bother!
Activity: 719
Merit: 500
CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency
can i use stop/loss with gekko ? and if yes how ?
Activity: 40
Did i do anything wrong. How come the program wouldn't move after gekko shows me advice to buy.
Settings are default.

C:\gekko-master>node gekko
2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     I'm gonna make you rich, Bud Fox.
2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     Let me show you some Exponential Moving Averages

2013-10-24 14:54:03 (INFO):     Using normal settings to monitor the live market

2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     NOT trading with real money
2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     Profit reporter active on simulated balance
2013-10-24 14:54:04 (INFO):     Calculating EMA on historical data...
2013-10-24 14:56:03 (INFO):     ADVICE is to BUY @ 207.000 (1.496)
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

I've installed on a mac, it has been running smoothly for 3 days.

Great Software! hope to see new updates soon Wink   
Activity: 27
Pages:
Jump to: