Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 28. (Read 177300 times)

Activity: 408
Merit: 100
Hello everyone ... who can explain to me how the problem of the difficulty works Huh and how can I set a good compromise for my hardware Huh??

On ckpool I started with difficulty 4000 (4K) but the pool automatically set me to 40 and then to 20 ....

so what should I do??

thanks,ultimate64

You probably selected a port with a vardiff (variable difficulty).  If the pool offers a fix diff port you need to select that port & set your diff to reflect an optimal diff.  This  would require some experimentation. 

All that being said, unless you have a specific reason to set fix diff, most pools operate with a very good variable diff & will yield the best results.

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hello everyone ... who can explain to me how the problem of the difficulty works Huh and how can I set a good compromise for my hardware Huh??

On ckpool I started with difficulty 4000 (4K) but the pool automatically set me to 40 and then to 20 ....

so what should I do??

thanks,ultimate64
Activity: 408
Merit: 100
Sidehack FYI.

I ran two of the TTbits at the standard freq. of 100 (zombie if you raise the freq.) on their software with one Gekko at 100.  All run, but not flash acceptance of shares.  Mostly said stale share, then a bunch of acceptance & then back to a number of stale shares.

Set up the Gekko on another computer & ran at 150 on your software.  Outperformed the TTbits by 2:1 with no stale shares.  Think their software is one issue with the almost constant 'stale share' bit & the other issue is the marginal actual working performance.  The (A) readings snapshot is: 

Gekko A; 6640

TTbit (2) A; 2965

Conclusion is that the difference in performance indicates the TTbit should sell for less than USD$25.00 based upon performance, power/hash & poor software.

Comments?   Other test I should try?   Cheers Vezpit.

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

my question is will multiple sticks work under one 'worker name'? or should each stick be somehow given its own worker name in my start command line?

I am pretty new to all this but it seems like one worker per cgminer instance is standard.
Activity: 114
hello everyone,

ive got myself a powered usb station and i have two 2 pac miners. one is green one is black.

my question is will multiple sticks work under one 'worker name'? or should each stick be somehow given its own worker name in my start command line?

currently i connect to slushpool like so:

cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333 -u zbw123.worker1 -p x --gekko-2pac-freq 150
Hello miners friends, today I set up and launched USB STICK on my Acer AspireONE with Lubuntu and I'm connected to SlushPool.
I must say that for now everything is ok, as I'm new to the world of miners I wanted some tips on how I could set CGMINER

there are two settings that i can think of

freq & voltage.

are you starting your miner with a start.bat file?

paste the command line here that you are using.

regards
zac

How can I raise the frequency from file? and how can I create my start.bat file?

now I throw everything manually ...

thanks, ultimate.
Activity: 114
Hello miners friends, today I set up and launched USB STICK on my Acer AspireONE with Lubuntu and I'm connected to SlushPool.
I must say that for now everything is ok, as I'm new to the world of miners I wanted some tips on how I could set CGMINER

there are two settings that i can think of

freq & voltage.

are you starting your miner with a start.bat file?

paste the command line here that you are using.

regards
zac
Activity: 123
Your question is too vague
Activity: 3
Is the hub powered? what frequency you running the 2pac?

Yes, The USB Hub is powered and the frequency is set to 150. Thank you for your reply.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
That's what I figured. It started mining at 100 (the stock setting) then ramped up, and once power got too high something dropped out. Now you need to figure out if the limitation is your core voltage setting or the USB port.

Until I actually buy a powered USB hub, I am using my PCs USB port so I dare say THAT is the issue.

Do you have any suggestions as to a decent quality powered USB hub?

I can get one for like $10-$20 but I am unsure as to the quality of el cheapo products.

Just buy a $10 eBay one if you're going to run one stick.

If you end up running 2 or 3 go for a pluggable 60w 7 port USB hub for about $30 on Amazon
Activity: 123
Is the hub powered? what frequency you running the 2pac?
Hello!

I have a the GekkoSience 2Pac working fine from the USB port of an HP Laptop but I cannot get it to work when running it from a Rosewill USB 2.0 10-Port hub. I know the hub is good since my Bitmain USB miner works fine when connect it to it.

Thank You for any help!
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Do a bit of searching. That question has been asked and answered more times than I care to think about, even spawning at least one entire thread on the subject. Since I don't run them for fun I don't have any actual recommendations. Also since I'm a cheapskate with skills, so when I need something I just go make it (or in this case, "upgrade" an $8 eBay hub).
That's what I figured. It started mining at 100 (the stock setting) then ramped up, and once power got too high something dropped out. Now you need to figure out if the limitation is your core voltage setting or the USB port.

Until I actually buy a powered USB hub, I am using my PCs USB port so I dare say THAT is the issue.

Do you have any suggestions as to a decent quality powered USB hub?

I can get one for like $10-$20 but I am unsure as to the quality of el cheapo products.
legendary
Check the first post, specifically the power charts. I'll bet that'll give you at least a hit toward what's the problem.

Thanks for your help chief!

You are quite correct, the problem was the power. I found setting the frequency to 100 is the butter zone for me. I've been mining consistently for the first time beyond the first few 'accepts' for an hour now.
legendary
Check the first post, specifically the power charts. I'll bet that'll give you at least a hit toward what's the problem.
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

I am a complete and utter newbie when it comes to mining Bitcoin and the rest. I recently purchased a GekkoScience 2Pac Stickminer and after dealing with some of the classic issues:

(1) Not recognising the miner
(2) Recognising the miner but not recognising any cores

I am faced with a 3rd issue and I am stumped. Before we go further here is what my cgminer window looks like and my bat file I use to launch it.

https://i.gyazo.com/06a1d6572551f6c8111d40c27c1e4c24.png

https://i.gyazo.com/0f19dd0176e16a70c058d865516bd8a5.png

My miner will quite happily mine for a little bit until a success or two after that it will not mine anymore. I left it alone for 2 hours yesterday and my miner wasnt mining. The software kept telling me that a new block was detected at height xxxxxxxx.

BUT if I unplug, wait for a few seconds and plug back in, the miner will mine again.

Colour me stumped. Huh
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
I asked Eyeboot about it, he's gonna send me some samples to play with. He says they aren't as good, won't clock up as high.

Would rather support your work anyway especially with your dedication/support and new projects going on. These new TTBit sticks don'e exist to me.
Pages:
Jump to: