Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 9. (Read 177081 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

You need to provide a bit more information. What usb hub is it running on and have you tested the hub seperately? What voltage is the core? What freq was it running at? Has windows done any updates and changed the driver back again so may need to do zadig again? Any pictures of the back of the pcb to see any physical damage?
[/quote]

if have a couple but 1 doesn't work anymore! all same settings!

no psysical damage, that's i ask how can you see if it is damaged or not.

the windows does recognize the miner. but the cg miner says no device detected. so i don't get it.

with these crypto miner, some strange thing happens.

maybe the miner has mined it's max? i'm mining the same coin for long while? i don't know.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
how do you know if it's damaged? there's green light but it doesn't work anymore?

and how do you fix it?

You need to provide a bit more information. What usb hub is it running on and have you tested the hub seperately? What voltage is the core? What freq was it running at? Has windows done any updates and changed the driver back again so may need to do zadig again? Any pictures of the back of the pcb to see any physical damage?
Activity: 31
how do you know if it's damaged? there's green light but it doesn't work anymore?

and how do you fix it?

Activity: 110
Merit: 56
Hello

A few weeks ago, I bought a Raspberry pi 3 B + and a Gekkoscience 2Pac. it worked well for a short time. Then nothing. I have already updated and followed the manufacturer's instructions for installing Raspbian. Since the crash of Gekkoscience 2Pac, the cgminer always shows me that he can not find any chips.

I use this following command to start tuning with the Gekkoscience 2Pac

Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://depool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 3LdYRu3ZRRW4PbCZ9FGhbddzfGxRScCnkB -p x --suggest-diff 32 --gekko-2pac-freq 25

cgminer is connecting to your pool. That's good.
Your USB hub is one of the better ones... That's good.
If everything was working well for you, it should be no difficulty for you to push to 200MHz or more (with sufficient cooling). Not finding any chips `might' be a dead miner, BUT... Before you consider returning the 2Pac (to the vendor you purchased from) I would try this... You are running it at 25MHz. That is extremely low for your equipment... maybe change it to 100MHz to see if you can `wake it up'. I've seen many times where these 2Pacs don't operate well if they are under-powered... 25MHz may not be asking for enough power to fuel your miner - so give 100MHz a try... if you have a USB or 12V fan to keep things cool, you won't hurt the 2Pac - even at 200MHz.
Also, look back to the first few pages of this topic. It may be that the potentiometer needs to be adjusted back to its stock position.
Also, try starting cgminer without your 2Pac plugged in. Sometimes hot-plugging a miner once cgminer is already running will be enough to get the miner started...
You have many things yet to try before declaring your 2Pac dead...
Good luck... And I hope one of these suggestions will help you.
Activity: 3
Hello

A few weeks ago, I bought a Raspberry pi 3 B + and a Gekkoscience 2Pac. it worked well for a short time. Then nothing. I have already updated and followed the manufacturer's instructions for installing Raspbian. Since the crash of Gekkoscience 2Pac, the cgminer always shows me that he can not find any chips.

I use this following command to start tuning with the Gekkoscience 2Pac

Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://depool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 3LdYRu3ZRRW4PbCZ9FGhbddzfGxRScCnkB -p x --suggest-diff 32 --gekko-2pac-freq 25

I already did a "git pull".

Here is what is marked in the terminal when it is launched

Code:
cgminer version 4.11.1 - Started: [2019-03-06 13:39:22.575]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):0.000 (1m):0.000 (5m):0.000 (15m):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s
 A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
 Connected to depool.ckpool.org diff 10K with stratum as user 3LdYRu3ZRRW4PbCZ9F
 Block: 8c5edae1...  Diff:6.07T  Started: [13:39:22.576]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: BSD 10015069:                         | OFF
 [2019-03-06 13:39:21.438] Network diff set to 196G
 [2019-03-06 13:39:21.640] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 10000
 [2019-03-06 13:39:21.798] Pool 0 message: Authorised, welcome to ckpool.org 3LdYRu3ZRRW4PbCZ9FGhbddzfGxRScCnkB!
 [2019-03-06 13:39:21.798] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://depool.ckpool.org:3333 alive, testing stability
 [2019-03-06 13:39:21.799] Switching to pool 0 stratum+tcp://depool.ckpool.org:3333
 [2019-03-06 13:39:22.519] BSD 0: 2Pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner (10015069)
 [2019-03-06 13:39:22.574] BSD 0: found 0 chip(s)
 [2019-03-06 13:39:22.576] Network diff set to 6.07T
 [2019-03-06 13:39:22.576] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block at height 565902

I even tested on a more powerful PC and provided me with a usb hub https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2LK164 to be sure that the Gekkoscience 2Pac silk well allimented. The result is always the same.

I thank you for your help and your patience.
Activity: 110
Merit: 56
I have had my 2pacs running at 225MHz nonstop for a long time no problems. Thanks to all the help in this forum it's now just a stable little farm.
After all this time, one of them stopped blinking. I figured it had bit the bucket but when finding it in the cgminer conosle it's still chugging along with no HW errors. Has anyone ever had the blinking stop on a 2pac? Should i worry?
I am a bit color blind but it looks to be a steady blue even though it's hashing.

Although I mostly run NewPacs now, I still have half a dozen 2Pacs, half of which have been in the same condition as yours for 6 or 8 months... `Not flashing, just hashing...' I know the blinking lights are nice, but mine are still hashing away, so I don't ever worry about them. If they stop hashing - then I'll worry.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
I have had my 2pacs running at 225MHz nonstop for a long time no problems. Thanks to all the help in this forum it's now just a stable little farm.
After all this time, one of them stopped blinking. I figured it had bit the bucket but when finding it in the cgminer conosle it's still chugging along with no HW errors. Has anyone ever had the blinking stop on a 2pac? Should i worry?
I am a bit color blind but it looks to be a steady blue even though it's hashing.
Activity: 35
Merit: 24
HI

I just checked the name of my futur HUB and it's the gekkoscience Smiley Smiley

Gekkoscience 7 Port USB Hub 2.0

So with 3 amps per port, i think to have enough power to play a bit Smiley

Edit : I tested the actual config to 325/330 MHZ , it work... The rapsberry mewl a bit Smiley Bit it work.

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'm pretty sure the main regulator on these sticks will handle 500MHz at the chips (with minimal tweaking out-of-spec of voltage adjustment parts to up around 1.8V from factory max 1.6V), if other parts don't start melting first. You'd be pushing at least 15W into each chip, which probably cannot be done with air cooling.

If you bought a hub said to be made for these sticks, it's likely the one I'm talking about and it should treat you well.

Thanks for them links, VH. I was not aware of a 400MHz attempt.
Thanks for the links, i'll take a look and i'm sure i can beat them! Smiley Smiley
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Frequency is capped at 500MHz in the code. 
I've only ever reached 325MHz due to heat concerns.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18647593

Success case running @ 350MHz
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29114535

A rare attempt at 400Mhz.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26468690

Hi

Thanks for the reply Smiley As you understand i try to make the most efficient VS the power needed Smiley

And you know? I just ordered 6 of the newpac keys! Can't wait to use them!

I ordered too a new special HUB (made for those kind of key like say the site) (i don"t know if i can put a link?)

Really interresting your HUB!? Any link?

About the chart : Yes i saw it! Smiley But the max value go to 300 max and i thinked that i can't push up, so if i resume :

More than i get power AMPS => And more i can cool down the chips => More i can get G-HASH/S?

If  YES, really good news! Really, i can't wait to play with the new one! when i see the technical specs Smiley

I can' imagine with a 10 amps power block and a mega passive cool down fan Smiley Smiley I'm enough crazy to test this...

You say : "multiple 5V adapters and alligator clips."

Yeah i know it's crappy Smiley Smiley But i'm actually making tests... The raspberry is really sensible with power stuff :/ But when done, i'll make a 3D printed nice box for it Smiley
legendary

You can't imagine the power needed when you want to quit the factory setup, 100 MHz.

Actually you can, because there's a chart in the first post.

The fastest I've ever seen someone push a 2Pac was about 350MHz. I've never pushed one past 300MHz (hence why the chart cuts off there; it's my data). VH can tell you where the code stops supporting speeds, but it's probably upward of 500MHz (technically possible maybe with liquid immersion). That's a decent setup you have there, pretty sweet repurposed cooler.

If you ever feel like upgrading to NewPacs, they'll mount up exactly the same as the 2Pacs (screws in the same place and everything), but NewPacs overclock like a breeze. You can typically push them to three times the stock hashrate without adjusting voltage. Your setup could see upwards of 300GH, especially with ASICBoost enabled.

I don't know how feasible it'd be for you, but GekkoScience also makes a USB hub good for 3A per port. You'd be able to power both sticks and your Pi off it, using a single 12V brick to power the hub instead of multiple 5V adapters and alligator clips.
Hi Smiley

I just have a question about those keys, i'm actually playing with them! And that fun Smiley But i'm asking something :

Is there a limit to the maximum Mhz value? Because i tryed 300 => 305 => 310 etc, and CG Miner seem work ?

Of course, sometime, my power block can't follow me in my tests... Cheesy Cheesy The raspberry cry!

Here is my actual small crappy miner Smiley I get 300 Mhz (around 62/64 Ghz seconds) on a raspberry (But i need to patch the usb cables to put more power, 3 amps per ports)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ouWoFRMqw

You can't imagine the power needed when you want to quit the factory setup, 100 MHz.

I tryed many USB HUB... But most of them can't deliver more than 2 amps per slots...
Activity: 114
hi everyone,

i currently have two of my USBs with a solid white light. Should they just be chucked or is there some way to salvage something from them?

thanks
zac
Activity: 19
Merit: 13
Guys for the life of me i cannot get cgminer to activate the GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384 Stickminer.
Using Ubuntu 16.04, I compiled properly with the --enable-gekko switch.

lsusb lists the device properly:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

cgminer -n displays:
 [2017-05-26 13:52:43.003] USB all: found 5 devices - listing known devices
.USB dev 0: Bus 2 Device 4 ID: 10c4:ea60
  Manufacturer: 'GekkoScience'
  Product: '2Pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner'
 [2017-05-26 13:52:43.003] 1 known USB devices

but when i run ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.nicehash.com:3334/#xnsub -u XXXXXXXXXXX
it states no devices detected.
when i press U and then L i get this:
Bus 2 Device 4 ID: 10c4:ea60 GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner inactive
1 total known USB device

No clue how to enable this device. would love an expert to chime in. im lost, and new.

Hi, did anyone respond and did you manage to resolve this issue?

Any advise appreciated, thanks.  Smiley

I am facing this in my new Raspberry Pi...  Sad
Activity: 41
Thanks....  was a good idea... seems to work :-)
regards
Dietmar
legendary
If it's an issue of plugging them in in sequence, try plugging them all in and then kicking on power.
Activity: 41
Here the specs of the HUB...  it should have enough power...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7F5WV2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

regards
Dietmar
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Your hub doesn't have enough amp per port to run multiples i suspect. Can you post specs or a link to the product your using?
Pages:
Jump to: