Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience BM1384 Project Development Discussion - page 9. (Read 146528 times)

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
It's not a pickaxe. At all. Has nothing to do with blocks or mining. Predates our interest in the bitcoin economy by at least a year.

I could be wrong, but is it a drone of Game of Life?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Not even. The SHA efficiency is mediocre, and when you consider that all the same arguments I've had since they announced their chip still apply - specifically, in addition to not caring about scrypt at all, that I don't like high-current BGA. Basically, what they are selling is almost entirely opposite of what I'd like to see in an ASIC. Every time I explain this I keep hoping people will get the hint and stop bothering me about it, but about every other week someone pops back up and asks if I plan to do something with SFARDS and the answer is still exactly the same.

No
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
It's not so much that I may not have interest in SFARDS chip, but that I do not have interest in SFARDS chip.

Not even as a SHA256 miner if the price/performance is competative, with the Scrypt as a (small) added bonus?
legendary
It's not a pickaxe. At all. Has nothing to do with blocks or mining. Predates our interest in the bitcoin economy by at least a year.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

It's not a pickaxe, it's our company logo. It's also on the front corner by the version number, and on all our PSU boards.

Ahhhh!!!!  neato!!  I like it, goes hand in hand with the idea of mining.  Picking away at the blocks we are.
legendary

It's not a pickaxe, it's our company logo. It's also on the front corner by the version number, and on all our PSU boards.
legendary
I ran out optimized pick-and-place programs last night, got stuff recalibrated for the most part. I might have a bit more tweaking to do today but today through Thursday the main goal will be building Compacs. I should be caught up to pending orders probably middle of next week. At some point in there, though, I will need to take time to install some new panels because we'll be upgrading electric service at the shop in about two weeks. I'll have about 60KW of available hosting space at 8.9 cents if anyone's interested. No prepay, no contract.

My goal for pods, which depends on other people and things always take longer than they should when I have to depend on other people, is to have Pods shipping for Christmas.

Wait, there's a little mining pick on the back?

LMAO Tell me you didn't intend that!! Look at the back, it looks like a mining pick, I'll take a picture tonight.

I'll have to sign up to imjur lol.
legendary
I ran out optimized pick-and-place programs last night, got stuff recalibrated for the most part. I might have a bit more tweaking to do today but today through Thursday the main goal will be building Compacs. I should be caught up to pending orders probably middle of next week. At some point in there, though, I will need to take time to install some new panels because we'll be upgrading electric service at the shop in about two weeks. I'll have about 60KW of available hosting space at 8.9 cents if anyone's interested. No prepay, no contract.

My goal for pods, which depends on other people and things always take longer than they should when I have to depend on other people, is to have Pods shipping for Christmas.

Wait, there's a little mining pick on the back?
legendary
I have 6 of the Batch two usb sticks on order Smiley.  How are they going? (I really like the usb miner I have, the little mining pick on the back is awesome!)

Do you think that pod miner will be ready to sell in 6 months?  I want to replace my "New R-box" lol.
legendary
It's not so much that I may not have interest in SFARDS chip, but that I do not have interest in SFARDS chip. I honestly don't care about scrypt coins at all. If someone wanted to pay me to design a miner around it I might, but I'm already booked up with design and manufacture of stuff I do care about through at least the end of the year.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
I know you may not have interest in Sfard chips but it looks as though those may soon come available soon.  

yeah...its not like these fun projects are gonna ROI any more then a smile anyway Smiley

(in my case it is for miner withdrawl for when my Titan's go doorstops) (below is link to my KNC shrine (Jupiter 550gh BTC miner on bottom self and now gravity assist device to keep bench down) Smiley

lostgonzo.imgur.com

I swing both ways BTC and LTC as a miner Smiley So you can use these imho if it makes sense.

The only way to I see me  worrying  about miner withdraws is there is no new gear be gotten other wise with coins going up , i see that not stopping, i turned my Zeus miner back on and working on getting a A2 and with the new miner coming at a nice price, if that's true, i hope to see me doing it for a few more years in home. I like both Script and  SHA256  miners. and coins are going to keep a upbeat now but will have ups and downs, but what  part of life doesn't.Smiley .  

well the Alcheminer II "supposedly" is coming out 128mh and 510mh respectively (1299 usd if i remember right) and for the 510mh 4,950 usd again if I remember right) of course they say they are getting IPO $$$ first (newbie IP0 $$$ heh) ...and it will be SIX MONTHS....so the watts were not too far off the titan...so if that puppie flies and you are correct I'll be running my 2 KNC Titans for a long, long time.

the diff in watts from a Titan at 350mh  is 1250 watts. The 510mh is supposedly 1150 watts. If in 6 months this is the case I can run my Titans well along side these units.

I've heard this all before thou with the 'huge' scrypt miners that were supposed to come out Summer of 2015...all bigger then Titan ...like the Volcano etc...I got a 2nd Titan
(Nov used unit) for 569 bucks with shipping..and was wondering how wise that was with my 'expected' shut off date the end of summer Smiley So it is good to be wrong Smiley

Realistically thou I'd expect to squeak these out to maybe April 1st 2016..and that is only because I can get some heat in the winter out of them in the basement...after that point I'm fairly sure they will not be worth running. Hope I am incorrect..

here is the link to the bitcointalk thread on them

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/alcheminer-ii-supposedly-is-coming-out-so-this-blurp-says-128mh-1299-280-watt-1234027

legendary
Activity: 1274
I know you may not have interest in Sfard chips but it looks as though those may soon come available soon.  

yeah...its not like these fun projects are gonna ROI any more then a smile anyway Smiley

(in my case it is for miner withdrawl for when my Titan's go doorstops) (below is link to my KNC shrine (Jupiter 550gh BTC miner on bottom self and now gravity assist device to keep bench down) Smiley

lostgonzo.imgur.com

I swing both ways BTC and LTC as a miner Smiley So you can use these imho if it makes sense.

The only way  I see me  worrying  about miner withdraws is there is no new gear be gotten other wise with coins going up , i see that not stopping, i turned my Zeus miners and Gblade 25 to 27 mh   back on and working on getting a A2 and with the new miner coming at a nice price, if that's true, i hope to see me doing it for a few more years in home. I like both Script and  SHA256  miners. and coins are going to keep a upbeat now but will have ups and downs, but what  part of life doesn't.Smiley .  

Hopping, Side can come thu for us which will drive the price of miners down even more .
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

lostgonzo.imgur.com

Activity: 924
Activity: 924
As long as it doesn't have a red led of death light on it we're happy.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
you didnt say how many and what colors any blinky light things each design might have.

comon man dont leave us hanging.. toss us a bone!

Red Green Blue, like the compacs... now all we need them to do is "dance" when idle, like them cheap usb hubs..
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
This project is really cool. Keep it up!
legendary
Yeah. It's possible but cumbersome, and I like to keep things simple and flexible.

I did forget to mention what lights things would have. The BM1384 test board has a second LED pack the same as the Compac, for testing upstream signalling from the BM1384 under test. The Amita currently has four LEDs whose function has yet to be determined, but will assuredly be useful for hashing and error status.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Actually it's not any news at all to finish on. I'm saying I wish I had samples but I don't. I don't have anything except optimism. Still looking forward to one of the big manufacturers actually doing something nice.

Regarding 3- versus 4-wire fans, please read the description a bit better. If you want speed control, a 3-wire fan on a 4-wire fan jack won't do, well, jack. The 4th wire is a PWM signal that is translated inside the fan to control speed. Obviously this doesn't work on a 3-wire fan, which requires the power to be altered externally. So my 4-wire fan header is wired up for 4-wire PWM and my 3-wire header is wired up for 3-wire PWM. I could probably have combined them into a single header and had some fancy detection schemes to determine which type of fan was used and switch up how it was controlled, but I like my way better. Also if you want to you can hook up an extra fan, which I guess makes it slightly better?

oh ok i understand.. so you are going for both pwm control (4wire) and variable voltage (3wire).. i read that wrong..

yeah i suppose it would get complicated to put them on the same plug..
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
you didnt say how many and what colors any blinky light things each design might have.

comon man dont leave us hanging.. toss us a bone!
Pages:
Jump to: