Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience BM1384 Project Development Discussion - page 7. (Read 146528 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I got nothing. They haven't responded to any emails of mine since a customer I forwarded to them failed to pay a $10K bill on a sale I arranged back around June. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if they just don't like me anymore, but I also don't really like that guy much anymore.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Yes, the A3218 is what the Avalon6 is using. We've known that for about a month. The Avalon6 wiki page was created October 20th. Pictures of its insides and closeups of bare ASICs existed in the wild a couple weeks ago. I and others have made attempts to track down sample chips, both from Canaan-Creative and BlockC, with no luck so far. If you do find a sales link for samples for the A3218, that'll be news worth posting.

not sure what you got from Canaan about getting the A3218s', I got over 4 months out, if they feel like it.
legendary
Yes, the A3218 is what the Avalon6 is using. We've known that for about a month. The Avalon6 wiki page was created October 20th. Pictures of its insides and closeups of bare ASICs existed in the wild a couple weeks ago. I and others have made attempts to track down sample chips, both from Canaan-Creative and BlockC, with no luck so far. If you do find a sales link for samples for the A3218, that'll be news worth posting.
Just gotta wait for the A3218 to roll out. Looks to be active about 12 of November. There is docs on their site for a AUC2, looks to be nano to run them..
http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3218/
Also looks to be what the Avalon6 is using.
but I'm looking into it a little more..

Quick glance at that page showed me nothing newer than the A3222 which was released 15 months ago.

thought i had another link for the new  A3218 18nm chips now i can't find it, my bad.

cya

be it in my link?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Quick glance at that page showed me nothing newer than the A3222 which was released 15 months ago.

thought i had another link for the new  A3218 18nm chips now i can't find it, my bad.

cya
legendary
legendary
hey Side not sure if you saw this yet

https://avalon8.world.taobao.com/  

They won't be cheap, I'm willing to bet and the A6 off Avalon site goes for a Big 3.3 + k USD or 10 btc

the good thing i guess you can buy it lot cheaper else were .

They are selling  the new chips but i didn't figure out the USD  a mount to yen . i think they use yen .

Sorry if this is one of those three month old thing, looks kind of new to me . my bad if it is .

Don't worry i knew form the start you had no interest in SFARDS stuff .  I don't think i ever asked  nor will I Smiley .
legendary
It has been addressed, and no I haven't contacted them. Performance is mediocre and the package sucks, same as with SFARDS.

Just throwing this out there to all the people asking me if I've talked to so-and-so about their stuff - stop. Unless it's a newly revealed thing, I've probably already seen it and thought about it and decided whether or not to look into it. Stuff from three or six months ago, I decided about it three or six months ago.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
While maybe this has been discussed before, have you (sidehack) tried contacting 21 Inc about their mining chip? Since their device is out atop a Raspberry Pi, it can't be a 100W power sucking monster. It might be BGA, but I thought I would ask.
legendary
I haven't heard from PlanetCrypto for a while, hasn't been on for almost a month.. last public message was his poem on here..

I wonder if he had any luck with getting his IP for the bitcoin core going..

I was wondering the other day as well, he  hasn't been around.
I haven't heard from PlanetCrypto for a while, hasn't been on for almost a month.. last public message was his poem on here..

I wonder if he had any luck with getting his IP for the bitcoin core going..
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
blueprint of the layout would be nice in the meantime?
legendary
Oh by the way, I won't have some of the parts to put on it until next week but the prototype pod miner PCBs have arrived. Maybe I'll put up pictures later.

nice,can't wait to get one ") and run it to death lol.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Oh by the way, I won't have some of the parts to put on it until next week but the prototype pod miner PCBs have arrived. Maybe I'll put up pictures later.

POD MINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!
photos Smiley, I'm interested to see the photos Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722

POD MINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
So, just wondering, where can i get some of these? I would be paying for them with paypal, if that's ok.

sales thread has all the info
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/run-2-closedsidehack-stickgekkoscience-compac-official-sales-thread-1126705
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
So, just wondering, where can i get some of these? I would be paying for them with paypal, if that's ok.
How goes batch 2 good sir?

Check post 1 of the official sales thread, it seems to have most relevant info, unless sidehack states the P&P machine went rouge and attempted to place things over the wall..

FIRST ROUND SALES:  470 sticks paid | large queue: 312 (312 shipped) small queue: 158 (158 shipped)
SECOND BATCH QUEUE:  178 sticks paid (0 shipped)

legendary
Activity: 1722
How goes batch 2 good sir?
Pages:
Jump to: