Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience has a new pod miner, just in time for Christmas - page 2. (Read 6703 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
hi everyone

I have a GekkoScience R909 problem I am having is the speed is  unstable when I use it with compact f seems to go up and down and it stays at around 68 to 70% speeds range from 1.155T 1.480TH and 1.731t up to 2.274th,  when I use the r909 on it`s own there  is no issue just does not work with compact help anyone encountered this before. running the miners on i9 pc os ubuntu

thanks to anyone who can help

Grone
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Hey, is there a problem with R909 (cgminer) and Nicehash? Every time I mine on Nicehash with R909, the cgminer instance stops after a few hours. Sometimes it shows 0.5 ghs, sometimes 1ths, but mostly 0ths on Nicehash. Cgminer is utilizing the full Ths power, but it seems to be blocked by Nicehash. Why does cgminer stop without an error message after a few hours? Even when I do 30% solo mining on CkPool and 70% on Nicehash, cgminer stops after some time. However, if I run cgminer at 100% on CkPool, it runs for days until I stop it. Is there any way to solve this problem? My S9 miner is accepted on Nicehash.

Yeah Nicehash uses their own fork of cgminer, because of what kano explained in his previous message.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using a cgminer other than this one (the one created and maintained by kano), and suggest you think twice before using shitty version from Nicehash.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Fuckhash expect you to put a massive security breach in your miner.
The master cgminer git obviously doesn't include this hack.

The hack allows the 'pool' you are mining to, to send you work from anyone else's account, or any sha256d scamcoin, at any time.
cgminer doesn't allow this for obvious reasons.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Hey, is there a problem with R909 (cgminer) and Nicehash? Every time I mine on Nicehash with R909, the cgminer instance stops after a few hours. Sometimes it shows 0.5 ghs, sometimes 1ths, but mostly 0ths on Nicehash. Cgminer is utilizing the full Ths power, but it seems to be blocked by Nicehash. Why does cgminer stop without an error message after a few hours? Even when I do 30% solo mining on CkPool and 70% on Nicehash, cgminer stops after some time. However, if I run cgminer at 100% on CkPool, it runs for days until I stop it. Is there any way to solve this problem? My S9 miner is accepted on Nicehash.

Im using this url:

stratum+tcp://sha256asicboost.auto.nicehash.com:9200

(Same without asicboost )
Activity: 6
Merit: 2
Hey Kano, Thanks for the tip. 

Unfortunately until I started researching this issue I THOUGHT I had been using your pool.  I made the discovery that I wasn't last night when I was web searching for your cgminer / r909 setup page and stumbled across your pool page.  I did switch over, and everything seems to be working as it should. 

As for unmineable, I did put a support ticket in with them earlier in the day, but they are slow to respond.

Thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Well, since you are solo mining, use my pool.
It also has a history graph and the best info about your mining than any other pool.
... and discord support to easily get help Smiley
I designed and wrote the cgminer API and the R909 driver, so yeah if you are mining on my pool, and I can thus see what's happening, I can help.

Though it sounds like your miner is working fine and the problem is whatever unmineable is.
I have no idea what unmineable is, but if you are having a problem with them not working, you need to ask them about it.
Activity: 6
Merit: 2
Question I didn't find an answer to with a quick forum search.

I have a few r909 miners I typically run on solo.ckpool with a 7d average of 7.39t.  I mess around with unmineable a bit from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be reporting my r909 stats from cgminer correctly.  After an hour or so I max out around 2.5 - 2.75t.

Before I had the r909's I used some 2pac and compac F stick miners with cgminer on unmineable, and the stats jived between the two programs.

I have an Antminer R4, and it reports to unmineable perfectly fine after 20 minutes; everything is syncd up.  Maybe I need to let the r909's go overnight and see what they look like in the morning?

Is this a common problem, or am I doing something incorrectly?  Any suggestions, or another pool recommendation?  

Thanks.
Activity: 4
Sorry, It's me again.

Behind the chips there are some tiny holes formed in square shape, I wonder what are they for and if it's okay to place a thermal pad on it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgdl3tlb561b9hc/PXL_20230416_092804489.jpg?dl=0
An update to my yesterday's post: The 3 chips were hot in idle only if both power and data cable are connected (without plugging in the data cable all chips are cold). After leaving it overnight, all chips are found again and working fine. All chips now in the idle state are cold, so I guess probably there was a short circuit that caused the 3 chips to be hot.
Hello! I recently moved homes and today at my new place when I tried to run my R909, unfortunately, it shows 0 chips found. I guess something went wrong during shipping.

Anyway, I just dissembled everything. When it's connected to the power cable but without running the CGminer, Chip '1', '2' and '5' (which are on the same side) are hot while the other 3 chips are cold. I wonder in idle, should all chips be hot or cold? and what could possibly cause this ''half hot, half cold'' scenario? Many thanks!

Picture of the dissembled board: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctkr7t50n6vdski/PXL_20230415_164621233.jpg?dl=0
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
 Shocked Reveal your secrets sidehack. Was the upgraded fan a leafblower ?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
I'mma just leave this here
✂️

holy moly!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
i am curious how long the performance will hold...
how could you bring the r909 to such a performance - have you made any modifications?! Grin
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
It maaaaaaay be a custom job a little bit. Beefy fan on stock heatsinks though; 27 watts into each chip.
copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 72
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Beast Mode!

Is there some liquid nitrogen involved here?
legendary
I'mma just leave this here

Activity: 27
Merit: 7
legendary
Yeah let's take it to PM
If Merch wimps out on the warranty, it's a Merch problem. I'm interested in seeing this one since it's the first "magic smoke" failure report I've heard in the wild, so if nothing else, you can send it back to the factory for repair.

Yeah, Bitcoin Merch is not going to help me. He claims factory fixes do not exist as well. Can you give me info on where to send it and cost?
Or i guess i should ask, would you be the one it's going back to? Either way would like to get it looked at. Would of course prefer it to be working Smiley.
Hmm, well i'd definitely be interested in sending it in for repair. I don't actually see where that would be easily with a Google search. Mind pointing me in the right direction? Or do you mean through "Merch" to the factory for a paid repair?
Pages:
Jump to: