Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience has a new stickminer that does 300+GH - page 51. (Read 22193 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
First question is, now when i got my new miner mining my NewPac go slow up and down from 100 too 187MHz i have a Orico 10 ports usb.
and things like this comes up on the NewPac
[2021-11-08 17:55:28.763] 1: GSH 0 - asic plateau: (3/3) 212.50MHz
[2021-11-08 17:55:28.763] 1: GSH 0 - plateau adjust: target frequency 275.00MHz
 -> 206.25MHz

what can this be?

So next question i wonder if you guys have any smart idea how to get a Noctua Fan A-series NF-A12x25 to go faster?
I have it connected with a usb to the Orico usb hub that i have my miners connected to but when connected to a usb it cant go so fast RPM. I still want to have the Noctua because its super quiet.

Any idea how to boost the RPM?
Guys i have cgminer 4.11.1 on osx runing a NewPac what do i need to do to get my Compac F to work?
Searching like crazy and find nothing  Huh
Added the details:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/mac-build.txt

(and at the bottom of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5355470.60)
Thank you so much it works now.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Then when it starts running the T value and frequency are both 200. In the dir 'cgminer', when I type 'ls', no cgminer.conf file is listed but when I type '/root/.cgminer/cminer.conf' it returns "access denied."

Type the following 2 commands:

rm -vf ~/.cgminer/cgminer.conf
sudo rm -vf /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf
Activity: 12
Merit: 2
Are you running your own .sh file or just opening cgminer?

I suppose I'm just opening cgminer. Here is exactly every step I took up to this point:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev git

cd
git clone https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer.git
cd cgminer

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -fcommon" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko --enable-icarus

sudo make install

cd cgminer
sudo cgminer -o stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 -u *******.worker -p x --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-tune2 60

Then when it starts running the T value and frequency are both 200. In the dir 'cgminer', when I type 'ls', no cgminer.conf file is listed but when I type '/root/.cgminer/cminer.conf' it returns "access denied."

Really hope you guys can help because I don't want to give up. Please excuse my ignorance!  Undecided

I might be wrong but I think it's one of two things. Maybe both.

1. In your last line change it to ./cgminer
Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 -u *******.worker -p x --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-tune2 60
2. Did you run the commands for USB port access? I'm pretty sure I found that in this forum somewhere. It's just two lines of commands you need to run, but I'd try #1 above first.
Activity: 9

I suppose I'm just opening cgminer. Here is exactly every step I took up to this point:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev git

cd
git clone https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer.git
cd cgminer

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -fcommon" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko --enable-icarus

sudo make install

cd cgminer
sudo cgminer -o stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 -u *******.worker -p x --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-tune2 60

Really hope you guys can help because I don't want to give up. Please excuse my ignorance!  Undecided
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Yea get a different hub (gekko hub is best) Unless you can find something that tells you how the ports are divided for power.
Activity: 12
Merit: 2
Three ideas Smiley

1) --suggest-diff 442
Using lower will be ignored on my pool
Or just set it on the Workers->Management page to 442

2) try: --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-tune2 60
Of course, as obvious, make sure it has enough cooling

3) grab a screen shot so we can see what it says

Wish me luck - after running over a week at 400 with no issues going to push it to 450 and see if the smoke stays inside the sticks Smiley

Update: Looks like with the BitCoinMech USB hub the max might be 425 with three sticks. I did tweak the pot screw a bit to get this working but at 450 just didn't seem to settle down in a stable state.

Might buy more sticks and try a different hub as an experiment.
legendary
T: is the target you've told it to run at.
That screen says it was told to run at 200MHz

My only guess is that there's a config file telling it to run at 200
(aside: 200 is the default)

The config file is
 ~/.cgminer/cgminer.conf
or
 /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf
Three ideas Smiley

1) --suggest-diff 442

2) try: --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-mine2 --gekko-tune2 60

Ran the code as prescribed (image link 1) but to no effect.. Before that I went through the cgminer installation process again to make sure all was in order there.
https://imgur.com/mDyLJ8o

The frequency stays at 200MHz and does not change at all. Here's a screenshot of what I see. https://imgur.com/h4VH7f9

Could it be a hardware related issue like insufficient power supply or am I missing something here..? The stick itself seems to be running fine in its current state and is cooled to around 27 degrees celsius.

Thanks in advance!
legendary
Guys i have cgminer 4.11.1 on osx runing a NewPac what do i need to do to get my Compac F to work?
Added the details:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/mac-build.txt

(and at the bottom of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5355470.60)
legendary
Hi all,

Just started out mining on a RaspPi for the first time.
I'm trying to adjust the frequency using some of the tips mentioned here but the freq stays at the stock 200MHz. What am I missing here?
Here is how I set it up.

Code:
sudo cgminer -o stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 -u JohnnyHash.worker -p x --suggest-diff 128 --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-tune-up 85

As a beginner, I ignored the notion that these sticks are not for me because I think they are just too cool to pass on, please forgive my eagerness to jump in the deep.

I tried adding in the '--gekko-compacf-detect' but this doesn't seem to do anything.
Three ideas Smiley

1) --suggest-diff 442

I´m using the Gekkoscience USB hub with a fan on it and a power supply of about 90W
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Hi all,

I'm trying to adjust the frequency using some of the tips mentioned here but the freq stays at the stock 200MHz. What am I missing here?
Here is how I set it up.

Code:
sudo cgminer -o stratum+tcp://nl.kano.is:3333 -u JohnnyHash.worker -p x --suggest-diff 128 --gekko-compacf-freq 450 --gekko-start-freq 300 --gekko-tune-up 85

As a beginner, I ignored the notion that these sticks are not for me because I think they are just too cool to pass on, please forgive my eagerness to jump in the deep.

I tried adding in the '--gekko-compacf-detect' but this doesn't seem to do anything.
How are you powering the Compac F?
Hi all,

Here is how I set it up.

Code:

So I got my CompacF running today on my RasPi but it was really intermittent.
It ran a short while and was vey hot to the touch, then i got the dreaded smell of frying electronics, now the red LED wont come on and the Pi and other computers fail to recognise it at all.

Am I right to think it just straight burned out and its dead now? Sad

Where you running it with a cooling fan?
Activity: 1
So I got my CompacF running today on my RasPi but it was really intermittent.
It ran a short while and was vey hot to the touch, then i got the dreaded smell of frying electronics, now the red LED wont come on and the Pi and other computers fail to recognise it at all.

Am I right to think it just straight burned out and its dead now? Sad
Activity: 5
The Compac F miners are bad ass!  I would like the opportunity to get a few more.

me too!!
Activity: 2
I'm also interested in picking one of these up!  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: