Pages:
Author

Topic: Gentoo Linux Ebuild - page 3. (Read 21575 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507
September 29, 2010, 01:44:08 PM
svn ebuild: bitcoin-9999.ebuild updated (currently revision 157)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14576
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14575
September 19, 2010, 07:04:45 PM
bitcoin-9999.ebuild tested to work with latest svn snapshot 156: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13219
Also, fixed this, however, init script is still buggy/unfinished.
September 18, 2010, 07:15:18 PM
Updated bitcoin-9999.ebuild to work with revision 155
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
September 07, 2010, 03:59:08 PM
Updated the ebuild on github for version 0.3.12.
legendary
September 05, 2010, 03:24:00 PM
You should specify which ebuild is yours so that others know.  Currently there are two ebuild versions in the repository.

Message says:
"bitcoin-0.3.11 ebuild from BioMike"
September 05, 2010, 02:30:57 PM
You should specify which ebuild is yours so that others know.  Currently there are two ebuild versions in the repository.

You should specify which ebuild is yours so that others know.  Currently there are two ebuild versions in the repository.

Message says:
"bitcoin-0.3.11 ebuild from BioMike"

Ah, I didn't check git repository
legendary
September 05, 2010, 06:33:29 AM
My current ebuild is now also available from github. Smiley

Please test.
legendary
September 04, 2010, 03:51:04 AM
domo is not usable in this case (bitcoin doesn't use the standard gettext localisation (po) dir). Bitcoin doesn't handle gettext directly, as far as I can see, so no dependency on gettext.
legendary
September 03, 2010, 01:11:59 AM
Some interesting tips in there (last part), especially the domo command. The gui/daemon flags aren't a big issue currently. Development of an ebuild isn't working to an end point, but always ongoing. Splitting isn't useful here, can be done, but the package is IMHO to small for a split.
September 02, 2010, 04:22:58 PM
http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/variables/index.html

freenode / #gentoo-dev-help:
In regards to compiling a package (bitcoin) from source and using useflags to determine whether to compile bitcoin binary (gui requiring wxwidgets-2.9) and/or bitcoind binary (daemon), which useflag method does anyone suggest: use "gui" and "daemon", use "wxwidgets" or something else?
Does it matter or is it important what useflags are used?
Perhaps it would be acceptable to use useflags "bitcoin" and "bitcoind?"
mizerydearia: maybe client and server use-flags are better?
nao, I don't think so because bitcoin is a gui-based p2p client that connects to the p2p network and bitcoind is a daemon-based p2p client that connects tot he p2p network.
Both have server and client characteristics
mizerydearia: they share some code or they are completly different?
nao: They share code
mizerydearia: they share some libs or other resources? e.g. Can you compile +gui -daemon, install it, then compile -gui +daemon and install again without collision with previous?
hmm, I used "wxidgets" and "daemon" useflags.  "wxwidgets" provides gui binary and "daemon" provides daemon and init.d/conf.d scripts
It is possible to install only the gui or only the daemon
mizerydearia: IMHO wxidgets is not the best variant, maybe use "gui"?
hmm, really?  I thought it was better than gui
mizerydearia: gui is more generic
And in the case in future that a second gui is available to be compiled that isn't reliant on wxwidgets, then how to separate them?
gui2?
mizerydearia: hm... seems you are right
mizerydearia: can this package be splitted into two?
two separate ebuild
ebuilds
I suppose, but they would download content from same repository and use same files
and there only be very minor difference in indicating to build bitcoind or bitcoin binary.
It would seem pointless to split into two.
dry (don't repeat yourself)?
mizerydearia: IMHO, if files are not overlap... splitting may be useful
nao, Can you provide examples of ebuilds in portage that have been split?
mizerydearia: dev-games/renpy -> dev-games/renpy, dev-games/renpy-modules is splitted by me in sunrise Wink
Any examples in portage?
in main?  not sure of name
mizerydearia: but no, there was a special reason for that
mizerydearia: try this:
mizerydearia: cat /var/db/pkg/*/*/SRC_URI | tr ' ' '\n' | grep '^http\|^ftp\|^mirror' | sed 's@^.*/\([^/]*\)$@\1@' | sort | uniq -dc | sort -n
mizerydearia: hmm... there are some bug in my script;) wait...
mizerydearia: *-ant packages, vim-core and gvim
mizerydearia: i.e. splitting is not used widely
I agree
mizerydearia: then not forget to test if at last one of the flags enabled
mizerydearia: you can use confutils.eclass for that

nao, Here is the ebuild.  How does it look? http://github.com/mizerydearia/bitcoin_gentoo_ebuild/blob/master/net-p2p/bitcoin/bitcoin-9999.ebuild
mizerydearia: The name of ebuild (package) can be removed from description
mizerydearia: Add / to the end of HOMEPAGE
mizerydearia: bitcoin in SRC_URI can be replaced by ${PN}
mizerydearia: sort DEPEND
mizerydearia: min version of app-admin/eselect-wxwidgets in portage is 1.1, so you can drop version
mizerydearia: using ${PN} in enewuser... don`t know, better to ask someone on the channel
mizerydearia: don`t use 'cd trunk', you can set S variable for that
mizerydearia: try to use emake instead of make
S variable?
$ grep "enewuser.*PN" */*/*.ebuild
Shows a couple packages using ${PN}
Not too many though
nao, Thanks for tips.  Anything else?
mizerydearia: lines 45,46 can be expanded to more lines
mizerydearia: inlines with if fi is not readable
mizerydearia: nls? needs gettext, or maybe virtual/libintl
Which is better to rely on: sys-devel/gettext or virtual/libintl?
I'll use sys-devel/gettext
mizerydearia: don`t know. but many of ebuilds in portage rely on sys-devel/gettext
mizerydearia: I just found 'domo' helper Smiley you can use it for .mo files
mm, domo?
mizerydearia: And, I think, if LINGUAS is not set, you need to install all mo files
ah
Only a few ebuilds use domo
Very few even
mizerydearia: yes, but you can use it:)
mizerydearia: don`t know much about stuff on lines 56-70. hope you know it better
mizerydearia: I don`t have more comments on your ebuild
legendary
September 02, 2010, 04:13:19 PM
On my side, documentation (readme and license) are installed, and a .desktop menu entry is made when the gui is installed (to start bitcoin from the menu). Did some permission fixing for /var/lib/bitcoin (daemon), but not validated yet if it is correct.
September 02, 2010, 12:04:25 AM
http://github.com/mizerydearia/bitcoin_gentoo_ebuild
I updated bitcoin-9999.ebuild
Any feedback is appreciated.
legendary
August 31, 2010, 03:23:31 PM
Ebuild for net-p2p/bitcoin is in overlay "booboo".
http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/bitcoin-9999-Makefile.patch is patch for makefile.unix to compile bitcoin with system boost and wxGTK.
Use overlay "dirtyepic" for wxGTK:2.9.

wxGTK 2.9 is already in tree. I've already send mizerydearia an ebuild with makefile to build bitcoind and bitcoin based on use flags with autodetected berkdb, cflags and ldflags. Also localisation files are installed based on LINGUAS. For bitcoind init.d script is installed that seem to work fine under the bitcoin user. The ebuild isn't finished yet, but it is getting along.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
August 31, 2010, 02:42:14 PM
Ebuild for net-p2p/bitcoin is in overlay "booboo".
http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/bitcoin-9999-Makefile.patch is patch for makefile.unix to compile bitcoin with system boost and wxGTK.
Use overlay "dirtyepic" for wxGTK:2.9.
August 29, 2010, 02:42:02 AM
Thanks to BioMike/Myckel for pointing out http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/file-format/index.html I used the official header provided at /usr/portage/header.txt
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
August 29, 2010, 02:05:01 AM
Any ideas on proper or best method to "fix" this?  I am not so knowledgeable of copyright.

Including "Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation" didn't assign your copyright to the Gentoo Foundation.

Looking at this, you can just remove the header (and the other comments if they're copied). It's pretty generic stuff.

If the work is not derivative, there's no legal risk in placing it under another license or even keeping full copyright. Old code will still be usable under the GPL, but new code will be under the new license only (you aren't required to put it under the GPL if you're the sole copyright holder).

For a derivative work, you would change the header to something like this:
Code:
# Copyright 2010 mizerydearia
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# Based on the ebuild for LightBlue:
# /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/app-mobilephone/lightblue/lightblue-0.4.ebuild,v 1.3 2010/03/27 17:57:36 arfrever Exp
# Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation
I don't think it is derivative, though, if you remove the header.

(IANAL)
August 29, 2010, 12:31:06 AM
Sent as a private message, reposting here since I am unfamiliar with how to prepare an ebuild to support foreign languages.
I had  a problem with emerging boinc-9999 - can u help me to fix it?
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
collect2: выполнение ld завершилось с кодом возврата 1
make: *** [bitcoin] Error 1
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/net-p2p/bitcoin-9999/work/bitcoin-9999 ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/net-p2p/bitcoin-9999/work/bitcoin-9999 ...
make -j3
make: *** Не заданы цели и не найден make-файл.  Останов.
emake failed
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: net-p2p/bitcoin-9999

>>> Install bitcoin-9999 into /var/tmp/portage/net-p2p/bitcoin-9999/image/ category net-p2p
!!! dobin: bitcoin does not exist
dobin failed
!!! dobin: bitcoind does not exist
dobin failed
>>> Completed installing bitcoin-9999 into /var/tmp/portage/net-p2p/bitcoin-9999/image/

* QA Notice: file does not exist:
 *    dobin: bitcoin does not exist
 *    dobin: bitcoind does not exist

>>> Installing (1 of 1) net-p2p/bitcoin-9999
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...
August 29, 2010, 12:28:56 AM
Code:
# Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/app-mobilephone/lightblue/lightblue-0.4.ebuild,v 1.3 2010/03/27 17:57:36 arfrever Exp $

That header Wink

Oooh.

Quote from: #gentoo
necrodearia:  if you wrote the ebuild, I think you could remove the lines.
How much has to be left of the originals for it to be considered derivitave?

Quote from: #gentoo-dev-help
I wrote an ebuild and released it on github.  I mistakenly left in the three lines starting with # Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation from copying from another ebuild file.  Since I had released the file with that in the header, do I no longer own the copyright?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11414
If anyone has downloaded it, you would have a difficult time suing them.
That isn't my intention.  I would like to maintain gpl if I am able to.
Also, since you copied an existing ebuild, yours would probably be considered a derrivative work under the GPL.
I agree.  How can I proceed safely so that my derivation is still acceptable?  Is it okay to remove the $Header line?
I'm not an expert on the GPL, but I believe you need to maintain a record of the original author(s).
mm, I imagine so.  However, someone pointed out that I should fix the header.  I am uncertain how to "fix" it.

Any ideas on proper or best method to "fix" this?  I am not so knowledgeable of copyright.
legendary
August 27, 2010, 06:39:24 PM
I used the live ebuild as a base to make a new ebuild against 0.3.10. The daemon seems to build fine, but for the graphical client I still need to adjust the Makefile (whole wxGTK part is missing there), but the ebuild already takes most of wxGTK into account. The daemon/graphical client are build on basis of use flags.
Activity: 340
Merit: 252
August 27, 2010, 05:31:30 PM
ebuild for bitcoin-9999 was updated. I had installed it just with "emerge bitcoin" .
Just synced overlay (booboo) before.
p.s. it would be excelent to make bitcoind .
Pages:
Jump to: