Pages:
Author

Topic: Geocentrism - Is Earth at the centre of the Universe?? - page 3. (Read 1274 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Earth is just a rock in a universe full of like rocks. Some are inhabitable and likely inhabited by something or maybe someone. While most are just rocks. So yeah, we're not that important at all. I know some of us like to feel that way but that's just a lie to make yourself feel better. Like getting high or drunk. Feels good .. still a lie..  But yeah, just one rock among many.

So instead of feeling special maybe feel like you're part of something bigger than you.  Tongue

So does that mean if we spun a rock the same speed as the earth and the same distance from a sun does that mean we can make another EARTH?..

And if not have you tried it?.

Because if we can i could imagine we British would be at the centre of that world too.. Grin

It's the humble Brits that make Britain strong.    Cool
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
Earth is just a rock in a universe full of like rocks. Some are inhabitable and likely inhabited by something or maybe someone. While most are just rocks. So yeah, we're not that important at all. I know some of us like to feel that way but that's just a lie to make yourself feel better. Like getting high or drunk. Feels good .. still a lie..  But yeah, just one rock among many.

So instead of feeling special maybe feel like you're part of something bigger than you.  Tongue

So does that mean if we spun a rock the same speed as the earth and the same distance from a sun does that mean we can make another EARTH?..

And if not have you tried it?.

Because if we can i could imagine we British would be at the centre of that world too.. Grin
legendary
People are the center of their own universe. Suggesting a universe other than your personal universe, is drawing a person out of himself.

Cool
Are you saying us BRITS are not at the centre of the universe?..
If the world is the centre of the universe then we British are the centre of the whole universe ..

Why Greenwich is the Centre of Time and Space? | hubpages
https://hubpages.com › Travel and Places › Visiting Europe › United Kingdom
4 Sep 2015 - Ever since, every point on Earth has been defined by its longitude from Greenwich and its latitude – distance North and South of the Equator'…

TOLD YOU..I DON'T LIE LIKE YOU Cheesy

From Wikipedia:
Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers show that the marking strip for the prime meridian at Greenwich is not exactly at zero degrees, zero minutes, and zero seconds but at approximately 5.3 seconds of arc to the west of the meridian (meaning that the meridian appears to be 102 metres east of this line).

Even the Great Pyramid is aligned due North more accurately.

Cool
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

legendary
People are the center of their own universe. Suggesting a universe other than your personal universe, is drawing a person out of himself.

Cool
Are you saying us BRITS are not at the centre of the universe?..
If the world is the centre of the universe then we British are the centre of the whole universe ..

Why Greenwich is the Centre of Time and Space? | hubpages
https://hubpages.com › Travel and Places › Visiting Europe › United Kingdom
4 Sep 2015 - Ever since, every point on Earth has been defined by its longitude from Greenwich and its latitude – distance North and South of the Equator'…

TOLD YOU..I DON'T LIE LIKE YOU Cheesy
legendary

Cool
legendary
If the EARTH is the centre of the universe then GREAT BRITAIN is the centre of the universe ..
I always knew we was special people..

Way more special than anyone else in the UNIVERSE ..Nice Grin..
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
You are wrong. Nobody knows what is in the center of the universe because it is infinite. Another thing is that the universe is composed of small worlds. One of which is our solar system, but in the center not the earth and the sun.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
When I was a kid playing with my dolls, I recall thinking "perhaps we are just dolls for some other huge, more powerful beings"...

Is Earth at the centre of the Universe?  And, if so, what does that mean about our world...?
Pages:
Jump to: