Pages:
Author

Topic: George's Famous Baklava - page 5. (Read 6754 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 11
April 24, 2012, 09:11:34 AM
I do personal chef work & housecleaning for a living and I always take the proper measures to make sure my cooking area is as sanitary as possible. I also make sure to keep my hands clean. I've established a solid reputation for my work and I think that's because I'm very serious about what I do. I want people to love what I cook. I don't get repeat business if my customers are getting sick or think my food is awful. To me any time I'm cooking it's "serious business," but I still have a lot of fun. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2012, 08:36:10 AM
I haven't killed anyone yet from my cooking and I'm pretty sure I haven't made anyone sick, either. Wink

PF will be a blast this year! We'll be in the main pavilion and we've upgraded our cooking equipment. The menu will also be expanded including paleo/low carb friendly foods! It should be a great time, as always. Cheesy Oh, and thanks for the tip, Jeremy! I took your advice and posted there.

I'd totally buy a couple orders of potlava.....and when I get diabetes I'll send you the medical bills Wink
April 24, 2012, 08:34:41 AM
I haven't killed anyone yet from my cooking and I'm pretty sure I haven't made anyone sick, either. Wink

PF will be a blast this year! We'll be in the main pavilion and we've upgraded our cooking equipment. The menu will also be expanded including paleo/low carb friendly foods! It should be a great time, as always. Cheesy Oh, and thanks for the tip, Jeremy! I took your advice and posted there.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
April 24, 2012, 07:41:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words! I've been selling baklava online for 2.5 years. I had a lot of people asking if I'd accept BTCs, and I finally got that all setup early this year. I'm glad I did!

Yes, I invented deep fried baklava after my friend & business partner suggested it. It's some pretty crazy stuff to eat, lol, so come to PorcFest and try some! We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue

Hey Mandrik,

I love hearing about you on Free Talk Live as well and hope to make it to Porcfest to try some of that yummy stuff.

You should also post yourself for free on our "Places that accept bitcoin" page at http://spendbitcoins.com/places.
April 24, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
Maybe I should make some potlava. Tongue

Thanks for the order! Cheesy
legendary
April 24, 2012, 12:12:11 AM
just placed an order of regular and chocolate. I'll post a review as soon as i get it. I'll probably enjoy some medical marijuana and then consume the entire order, but oh well..
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
April 23, 2012, 02:43:23 PM
I can handle it, haha! Wink

There is a problem with ordering one of each & using BTCs. I just noticed this and need to figure out a solution. I use BitPay for my shopping cart buttons and if you add one of each the shipping is too much.

In the meantime you can use this Bitmit auction:

https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2333-george-s-famous-baklava-3lb-order-dark-chocolate-original/description

DARN it! I'm now at work, and only have access to my phone's BitcoinSpinner app, but it only has 4 BTC on it!
April 23, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
I can handle it, haha! Wink

There is a problem with ordering one of each & using BTCs. I just noticed this and need to figure out a solution. I use BitPay for my shopping cart buttons and if you add one of each the shipping is too much.

In the meantime you can use this Bitmit auction:

https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2333-george-s-famous-baklava-3lb-order-dark-chocolate-original/description
legendary
April 23, 2012, 02:06:59 PM
Yay, I just ordered 3 lbs of it! Grin

Glad i made this post. Mandrik is about to have tons of new business. Baklava for bitcoin, nom nom.

Edit: I think I'm going to order an original and a dark chocolate. Mandrik, please let me know if you need more time to cook before I order, I don't want you to get flooded with orders all at once. I'm pretty sure this stuff is going to be a hit and this will be a great source of business Smiley
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
April 23, 2012, 01:35:02 PM
Yay, I just ordered 3 lbs of it! Grin
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
April 23, 2012, 01:27:57 PM
Can't decide if I want original or dark chocolate. Help!

ETA: settled on original
April 23, 2012, 12:41:08 PM
Oh, one last question: how fast is delivery to MA?

he ships flat rate usps as far as i recall. so 2-3 days anywhere in the usa.

That's about right!
legendary
April 23, 2012, 10:20:25 AM

he ships flat rate usps as far as i recall. so 2-3 days anywhere in the usa.
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
April 22, 2012, 10:46:27 PM
I was debating whether to get some more of this or casascius coins... I went with casascius because I don't have any of those yet :3
donator
I'm actually a pineapple
April 22, 2012, 10:27:42 PM
April 22, 2012, 10:01:05 PM
Haha, no problem! Wink
donator
I'm actually a pineapple
April 22, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words! I've been selling baklava online for 2.5 years. I had a lot of people asking if I'd accept BTCs, and I finally got that all setup early this year. I'm glad I did!

Yes, I invented deep fried baklava after my friend & business partner suggested it. It's some pretty crazy stuff to eat, lol, so come to PorcFest and try some! We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue

Wow, you need to put more of your products online!

Also, I couldn't find shipping costs on your website, or where you ship from. If I wanted some baklava (say 3lbs) shipped to MA, how much would that be and how long would it take?

Edit: nevermind, I see there's shipping info on the eBay page. It looks like it's $8.95 for 1.5lbs, so does that scale linearly for 3 lbs?
Edit 2: I'm dumb. There's full information on the checkout page Smiley
April 22, 2012, 08:42:31 PM
Check it out!

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
April 22, 2012, 08:30:01 PM
We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue
Holy crap. Gyros are my favorite food, followed by bacon. This must taste like heaven!
April 22, 2012, 08:19:34 PM

Pages:
Jump to: