Pages:
Author

Topic: Get drinkable water from rain - page 2. (Read 173 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
February 06, 2021, 09:13:47 PM
I don't know why need these steps when we can drink Rain water directly , Since my Military training and even when i'm in Secondary , i drink rain water many times but i have not taste the Saltiness ? instead its richer for me .
Activity: 263
Merit: 3
February 06, 2021, 08:53:40 PM
i dig the drawings. thanks!
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
February 06, 2021, 07:41:03 PM
I think it will become a better explanation if you have better visuals. I haven't thought about it having plant above as a filter. What we have before are those mineral and rocks when I was young.

It cleans the water that we put that comes from the tap.

But I've seen this kind of filtering somewhere in Japan but they put something on the water to make it cleaner.

The filtering is made by the soil , not the plant.
The plant serves to clean the soil from toxic chemicals. Because plants metabolize them.

The fact that you get clean water from wells, is thanks to the fact the water passed through several meters of soil and got filtered.
That's why you get drinkable water from deep in the ground.

Using rocks under the  tap means you are not living off grid.
I will look into rocks though. But you need special rocks that you can't find anywhere.
They are found in the seabed.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2021, 07:09:01 PM
I think it will become a better explanation if you have better visuals. I haven't thought about it having plant above as a filter. What we have before are those mineral and rocks when I was young.

It cleans the water that we put that comes from the tap.

But I've seen this kind of filtering somewhere in Japan but they put something on the water to make it cleaner.
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
February 06, 2021, 06:56:15 PM
For the preppers prepping to live off grid.

I am thinking about a technique to get drinkable and mineral-rich water without having to dig a hole/well in the ground nor going to the mountains.
We will do rain water desalination without  distillation, enrichment with minerals and purification from bad bacteria.
All of this thanks to soil and silver.

First step: put several of these tall plastic vases outside.
Should be 1-2 mt tall, not necessarily large.
See img 1:

See img 2:

As you can see, they have a faucet and a double bottom.
The highest bottom has many holes in it,  I'll explain why later.

Fill the vase with soil and put a plant on it. The plant will absorb any toxic substances from the soil, and the salt in excess as well.
See img 3:

When the rain (or other saline water) falls on the vases, it then goes down passing through the soil which filters it from salt. And the soil also enriches the water with good minerals.
The tallest the vase the better!  Because there would be more soil to filter and enrich the water.
Then the water will fall down through the holes and collect at the bottom of the vase.
See img 4:

At this point we can get some water from the faucet when we need to drink.

There will be traces of dirt in the water, that we should prevent from getting into our glass.
How ?
The faucet must be placed at least 10cm away from the bottom,  because the traces of dirt are heavier than the water, so they will fall to the bottom leaving the water above it clean.

Final step: put a silver coin in your glass and wait 30mins (maybe less? Let me know ).
That will kill bad bacteria and you can now drink!

Let me know if it can work
Pages:
Jump to: