Pages:
Author

Topic: GetGemz was it a 1.2 Million USD ICO scam? or is there some hope for gg owners? - page 4. (Read 4796 times)

x13
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Things are called shit for a reason, dear.
Where is Daniel come from? If he comes from a developed country then you could easily file a lawsuit. Or class action lawsuit when more investors want to follow you. 1.2 million is much money, so there will be good chance to get money back.

Daniel started promoting GEMZ all over the place during the ICO. He was in the forum everyday and did interviews on Letstalkbitcoin. Now we don't hear a peep from him. That says a lot.

So what will the ICO investors do about this? I mean if his real ID is known and paykey actually does become something worthwhile.... lawyers like cases like these surely.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
There was rumours that the getgemz app was getting huge mobile app downloads, it seems it was completely faked however.

Yeah makes you wonder. I mean essentially the investors paid 1.6 million dollars for ....well ..not much.

Seems that funding was diverted off to his own private project. I'm hoping that becomes a large success so there is a big incentive for legal measures to be taken against them.

Another reason ALL ico funds should be held by escrows and released to them gradually as milestones are reached.

Escrow is definately needed, we need more people to vet the projects. I try my best, general rule I have now is that it is not to be trusted if it's not on my site.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
There was rumours that the getgemz app was getting huge mobile app downloads, it seems it was completely faked however.

Yeah makes you wonder. I mean essentially the investors paid 1.6 million dollars for ....well ..not much.

Seems that funding was diverted off to his own private project. I'm hoping that becomes a large success so there is a big incentive for legal measures to be taken against them.

Another reason ALL ico funds should be held by escrows and released to them gradually as milestones are reached.

Activity: 1008

This one only has 2k https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app

Seems like they gave no attempt to market the platform.
legendary
oh  no now the gemz thread seems to have been locked and polo are delisting it?

Seems another ICO scam bites the dust ... but will anyone be held accountable?

Who was heading up that brand of scam?
Activity: 756
Daniel started promoting GEMZ all over the place during the ICO. He was in the forum everyday and did interviews on Letstalkbitcoin. Now we don't hear a peep from him. That says a lot.

So what will the ICO investors do about this? I mean if his real ID is known and paykey actually does become something worthwhile.... lawyers like cases like these surely.

Interesting question.  Do these people just get away with it?

I usually gauge a scam based on developer info.  Who are they and do they actively communicate.
legendary

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
If IPO = 1 then
MsgBox "Scam=Yes"
Else if IPO = 0 then
MsgBox "Scam=No"
end
legendary
I sadly missed this ICO when it was running.

I like reading through the thread though because these guys seem rather open with their scam/non scam considering their id's are well known?

Did this guy really take 1.2M promising the ico investors one project then just use those funds to develop another project entirely for himself?

Or will this new paykey project benefit the getgemz investors?

If the ICO funds were not used in anyway to fund this new project where are the funds? is this telegram rebrand all you get now a days for 1.2M in an ICO?

The thread seems a mishmash of opinions? Is there a clear story here with the full facts?

Who is this Daniel I've heard mentioned? surely if his id is known he wouldn't really care to screw over so many people whilst telling them all about his new project that is looking far more successful and apparently funded by the ico investors who will not stand to benefit at all? or will they?

Very interesting project so far.

Pages:
Jump to: