Pages:
Author

Topic: GIL needs team members - page 4. (Read 4176 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
July 18, 2013, 03:42:58 PM
Updated forum address
fml
July 17, 2013, 02:36:40 PM
Bump. Need some community interest here
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 15, 2013, 02:55:44 PM
Or even better, merged mine bitcoins, namecoins, devcoins, groupcoins, coiledcoins, ixcoins, i0coins and geistgeld all at once and trade them all in for gold?

Or even keep the bitcoins to pay the electric bill and trade the others in for gold?

-MarkM-

Same reason everyone is in this forum to begin with? Because BTC is over taken by ASIC's. And we are talking final fantasy fans, who are UN familialiar with Crypto. You don't think buying GIL with GIL would appeal to their nostalgia?

Have you taken a poll of how many ASIC users merge ALL the coins? You could add in GIL as a new merged coin and virtually none of the ASIC people would add it into their merge.

But no need, just hack a copy of p2pool to write you a list of which users would have earned how much bitcoin instead of actually having it send the bitcoin, send them gold instead in game, and pocket all the bitcoin and other merged coins yourself.

Call the pool GILpool or something for their nostalgia's sake.

-MarkM-
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 15, 2013, 02:47:36 PM
Why not just mine bitcoins when you're offline and give bitcoins to farmers and skip the middleman?

This.  The idea that a coin is needed for every particular activity is silly.
fml
July 15, 2013, 02:46:36 PM
Or even better, merged mine bitcoins, namecoins, devcoins, groupcoins, coiledcoins, ixcoins, i0coins and geistgeld all at once and trade them all in for gold?

Or even keep the bitcoins to pay the electric bill and trade the others in for gold?

-MarkM-

Same reason everyone is in this forum to begin with? Because BTC is over taken by ASIC's. And we are talking final fantasy fans, who are UN familialiar with Crypto. You don't think buying GIL with GIL would appeal to their nostalgia?
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
July 15, 2013, 02:42:57 PM

-MarkM-

Basically. I kinda doubt this coin is gonna be worth more than mining merged or whatever coinchoose says the flavor of the week is.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 15, 2013, 02:39:10 PM

-MarkM-
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
July 15, 2013, 02:34:18 PM
Why not just mine bitcoins when you're offline and give bitcoins to farmers and skip the middleman?
fml
July 15, 2013, 09:43:05 AM
Anyone interested, please visit the GIL Forums.

http://gil-exchange.com/forums
fml
July 15, 2013, 08:58:10 AM
Good day.
So, I created GIL, with a specific purpose in mind. As you all know, FF XIV : A realm reborn, is releasing next month. Now, what is one of the most anoying, tedious parts of playing an MMO? That's right, farming gold.
So, I had this idea. People who hate farming gold, could mine GIL with their CPU's or GPU's, when ever they are not playing FF XIV. They can then go to a website, and exchange it, for Gold. Gold farmers, could than take the GIL, bring it to an exchange, and trade it for BTC. People would buy the GIL from the exchange, and trade it for FFXIV gold. Rinse, repeat. This elimates a lot of the problems with buying MMO gold, with real money. It also brings a new crowd, into the crypto community.
Who doesn't want to make gold, for their favorite game, while away from their PC?
And it doesn't have to stop there, more games could be implicated, as we go along.
This is a huge endeavor. Not something I can really do, all by myself. I need team members. Anyone who believes in such a project, and would like to make it a reality, please, PM me, and join the GIL team.
I need programmers, web designers, marketers, ect.
Pages:
Jump to: