Pages:
Author

Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy - page 47. (Read 55000 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 503
July 19, 2017, 04:46:57 AM
Not easy but not impossible. As long as you have a strong intention to stop gambling and strong and unyielding efforts, you can definitely stop gambling. But stop gambling will not be done in a short time. And most people who fail in their attempt to stop gambling is because they stop trying half way. In other words, they have not failed, just stop fighting.

I have strong intention to stop but trust me it is not easy to stop just like that. I have tried alot of thing but it is not really working that is why Im still playing. I dont regret my decision to keep playing but atleast I can control myself right now as I dont care anymore about the result and only play for fun

One of the things I'm saying is you're just not patient in doing it. To stop gambling takes no time, so you must be patient in doing so. When you feel like a failure, you do not completely fail, you just lack patience and stop trying.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 19, 2017, 04:40:29 AM
All vices are not that easy to give up, most likely when you get addicted on it. Just to share, I have some relatives and friends who really are addicted to gambling. Which at some point, they almost lost everything including their family, house, car, and money. I'm aware how this kind of addiction can destroy once life. After a life changing moment in their life, they decided to give up gambling. But let's face it, It's really hard. I saw how they adapt to changes and  trust me it's quite unwell. Since, I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. I recommend some of my relatives and closest friend to attend or to enroll in the rehab program designed for addict gamblers. It will took years before this vice be out of our system. But, patience is a virtue.

If you really are willing to give it up, then prove it not to others but to yourself. Set goals and let your love ones be your inspiration. The rehab program is just a tool to help you, but if you yourself doesn't want to help yourself. Then the program is useless. Don't rush the process, I know it's hard since I saw my relatives and friends suffer but in the end they succeed. Trust the process and in time gambling will be out in your system.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
July 19, 2017, 02:17:44 AM
Yup, to really stop gambling you need a very strong personality and ability to control yourself, as well as avoiding anything that can trigger your addiction back again, Even avoiding sport TV games if you did sport betting or card games if you did poker..

Even with all that might not be enough however some people might be able to do it. Im not going to be able to do it because Im not really going to stop even with that plus everything that I have done. In the end I will still come to gamble and that is for fun not for money so I will only use a small amount for that
We manage our own destiny so we should be responsible with it, it's true that giving up is really not that easy but it's possible if we will gonna focus on quitting but everyone has a unique approach and there are people who are really weak so it will take a long process for them before the success will come in.

yes. it still up to how strong is the self control of a person.. and how strong is his focus to quit and avoid gambling.. the stronger one can control himself, the better and the easier to quit.. but those who has no self control and focus on quitting, then they are the one who suffers the  most.

Usually people will stop gambling after they experience a bad situation and hard for him to rise again with the same activity. But, honestly, to stop gambling in normal circumstances will be very difficult and each person needs his own way. A method might apply to some people and succeed, but not to others.
Any method will not work for everyone. But if not tried you will not know the outcome. So whatever method you find, regardless of the method that people share with you, you should try it. We'll never know until we try.
This is true. Everyone knows the strategies will work for multiple times, but if we do not try that once we do not get to know whether it will work or not. For me it won't work who knows for you, it may work right. So don't underestimate any strategies just try once and see the result. But trust your own strategies don't believe others plan blindly.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
July 19, 2017, 02:00:59 AM
Yup, to really stop gambling you need a very strong personality and ability to control yourself, as well as avoiding anything that can trigger your addiction back again, Even avoiding sport TV games if you did sport betting or card games if you did poker..

Even with all that might not be enough however some people might be able to do it. Im not going to be able to do it because Im not really going to stop even with that plus everything that I have done. In the end I will still come to gamble and that is for fun not for money so I will only use a small amount for that
We manage our own destiny so we should be responsible with it, it's true that giving up is really not that easy but it's possible if we will gonna focus on quitting but everyone has a unique approach and there are people who are really weak so it will take a long process for them before the success will come in.

yes. it still up to how strong is the self control of a person.. and how strong is his focus to quit and avoid gambling.. the stronger one can control himself, the better and the easier to quit.. but those who has no self control and focus on quitting, then they are the one who suffers the  most.

Usually people will stop gambling after they experience a bad situation and hard for him to rise again with the same activity. But, honestly, to stop gambling in normal circumstances will be very difficult and each person needs his own way. A method might apply to some people and succeed, but not to others.
Any method will not work for everyone. But if not tried you will not know the outcome. So whatever method you find, regardless of the method that people share with you, you should try it. We'll never know until we try.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
July 19, 2017, 01:57:23 AM

Regrets would really come in the end on which it would make a certain gambler to realize all his mistakes on playing gambling. If a certain person didnt experience hardship or bad consequences he would really not realize it along the way and instead of stopping to avoid things make more worse he would neglect it all the time. Realizations will happen if you dont have money in your pocket and you cant get anything anywhere you do seek out.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 19, 2017, 01:53:01 AM

to be clear, people will stop gambling after they lose every money in their pocket because i have bad experience in the past but i am not trying to borrow money from other people. i know in that situation, if i borrow money and continue to played, my loss will be bigger and i can not pay the money. so what i am doing is i quit from the games and leave the place but my negative feeling always said that i can win the next roll and fortunately i don't follow my feeling and just leave the place.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2017, 01:26:33 AM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 19, 2017, 01:05:03 AM

Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
July 18, 2017, 05:58:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
July 18, 2017, 03:22:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
July 18, 2017, 12:35:01 PM
Gambling is not easy to give up when you already addicted and you do as a hobby. Try anything which keeps you busy. Its not easy it needs  how to discipline yourself and control. If you want to giving up in gambling you must move on something else. Maybe you can also focus on sports or else in other things. The best thing you do is take a break from gambling and make schedule to visit in gamble. You must aware of whats going to happen next after get in gambling. You must learn about gambling addiction and the effects.
If we have given up on gambling is a good thing. It means that you have already started a better life. I also had not gambled some this month and I feel better, I can get better results without having to continue to lose.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 18, 2017, 12:31:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
July 18, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
If you really want to stop and stay away from gambling you can do it no one and nothing can break your decision once you have made it . But if ever happens that you realized that you can't stop yourself you really need a counseling . Yeah it is hard when you are really addicted to it and if gambling is already your hobby it's like being addicted to smoking if you want to stop you need to follow the withdrawal procedure .
Well gambling is not easy for someone who has been addicted to it for a long span of time. Someone who has put his life onto it, exerted so much time, effort and especially someone who invested money. But if you really want it you will surely find a way for it, but if you don't wanna do it well for sure you'll have many excuses. Change starts within oneself.
I think it has been their habit of gambling and when a habit is formed, it's hard to stop even though you were successful in doing it for a few months, it could lead to dependence again or something. If you think about it, it is really hard that you could stop something that is a part of your life already it requires hard work and mental fortitude to stop it.
Hobby is something that what people loved right?
Now the problem is how to make you did not love it anymore? There's a lot of way actually.
you could always find a reason why, such as there is an accident causing you trauma to gamble etc.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 18, 2017, 11:35:53 AM
Gambling is not easy to give up when you already addicted and you do as a hobby. Try anything which keeps you busy. Its not easy it needs  how to discipline yourself and control. If you want to giving up in gambling you must move on something else. Maybe you can also focus on sports or else in other things. The best thing you do is take a break from gambling and make schedule to visit in gamble. You must aware of whats going to happen next after get in gambling. You must learn about gambling addiction and the effects.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
July 10, 2017, 01:23:51 AM
If you really want to stop and stay away from gambling you can do it no one and nothing can break your decision once you have made it . But if ever happens that you realized that you can't stop yourself you really need a counseling . Yeah it is hard when you are really addicted to it and if gambling is already your hobby it's like being addicted to smoking if you want to stop you need to follow the withdrawal procedure .
Well gambling is not easy for someone who has been addicted to it for a long span of time. Someone who has put his life onto it, exerted so much time, effort and especially someone who invested money. But if you really want it you will surely find a way for it, but if you don't wanna do it well for sure you'll have many excuses. Change starts within oneself.
exactly and that's almost everywhere quitting or giving up starts within ourselves for sure without the willingness to give up won't change anything even you try to stop it little by little but excuses always around especially when you are thinking that advantage is on your side and winning will be next in line so no matter how you tried but if you still have this mentality it will be so hard for anyone to give up.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 10, 2017, 01:23:00 AM
Giving up in gambling is not easy but you can gave it up but removing your time part by part don't stop in a single drop but you will stop by removing your time in gambling day by day because in every addiction that is the solution so I will suggest that start removing your gambling time day by day.
This is right, gambling is so hard to stop! And its a good idea to stop little by little. I'm also involved in gambling and I want to stop this because I know that it has no good result in the end. Sometimes I find a hobbies/sports to alternate in gambling, even I always play a gambling my purposed is for fun but I can't stop to play and turn to obsessed. Sometimes I bring small amount of money but I back sometimes for chances to get back my losing money.
We all know it's hard to stop when we are addicted already because our interest and time are mostly allocated to gambling already, but in every problem there is always a solution, so even if it's hard to stop we still need to make an effort to stop since it's already ruining our lives. If we stop it does not mean we will stop forever, there's still time to change and correct our mistakes and when we come back we need to be more matured and ensure we have learn something from our past mistakes.
yes that is right when people become addicted to gambling then it become very difficult for them to stop it, they psychologically so much attracted by gambling that they find it hard to stop it.
Even if we stop for a certain time and eventually we will be coming back again and again into gambling, but maybe if you want to stop in gambling you need to take other activities like sports or anything that is outside of a gambling

Yes, you are going to focus on the other things in your life other than gambling, because if you are not dedicated on quitting it, you are just going to keep on coming back at it no matter what. Creating a diversion just to avoid this gambling addiction better than having a false hope that we are gonna win the price that we are hoping to win in gambling, the prices that we are craving that is why we are being lust on it.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
July 10, 2017, 01:13:59 AM
I think it has been their habit of gambling and when a habit is formed, it's hard to stop even though you were successful in doing it for a few months, it could lead to dependence again or something. If you think about it, it is really hard that you could stop something that is a part of your life already it requires hard work and mental fortitude to stop it.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
July 10, 2017, 12:41:45 AM
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
July 10, 2017, 12:14:38 AM
Giving up in gambling is not easy but you can gave it up but removing your time part by part don't stop in a single drop but you will stop by removing your time in gambling day by day because in every addiction that is the solution so I will suggest that start removing your gambling time day by day.
This is right, gambling is so hard to stop! And its a good idea to stop little by little. I'm also involved in gambling and I want to stop this because I know that it has no good result in the end. Sometimes I find a hobbies/sports to alternate in gambling, even I always play a gambling my purposed is for fun but I can't stop to play and turn to obsessed. Sometimes I bring small amount of money but I back sometimes for chances to get back my losing money.
We all know it's hard to stop when we are addicted already because our interest and time are mostly allocated to gambling already, but in every problem there is always a solution, so even if it's hard to stop we still need to make an effort to stop since it's already ruining our lives. If we stop it does not mean we will stop forever, there's still time to change and correct our mistakes and when we come back we need to be more matured and ensure we have learn something from our past mistakes.
yes that is right when people become addicted to gambling then it become very difficult for them to stop it, they psychologically so much attracted by gambling that they find it hard to stop it.
Even if we stop for a certain time and eventually we will be coming back again and again into gambling, but maybe if you want to stop in gambling you need to take other activities like sports or anything that is outside of a gambling
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
July 09, 2017, 07:47:55 PM
yes that is right when people become addicted to gambling then it become very difficult for them to stop it, they psychologically so much attracted by gambling that they find it hard to stop it. they have also some psychological effect , as they think that they can make money if they will play for one more time and never try to accept the lost. but for  every time they continue losing money.
Pages:
Jump to: