Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade - page 12. (Read 57771 times)

donator
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
He should pay 2000 soon and if he does we'll figure out the exact distribution.

Any ETA on this?
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Look for the bear necessities!!
Quote from: Meni Rosenfeld link=topic=93445.msg1
[/quote
You're polling too frequently, we're talking about a timescale of weeks at least.

So far Alberto has paid 200 BTC, which I thought would be reasonable to go towards the debt to me (5% of it) since I didn't get the two last coupons (6.6%). He should pay 2000 soon and if he does we'll figure out the exact distribution.

I have no problem with the 200 btc going to you, however, the last two coupons were not part of the "repayment" right?  i.e. those were dividends not counting toward the 1 btc owed per bond
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
Exactly. I was so worried about ponzies at the time that, being clear this couldn't be one, I happily invested without almost considering it could be a different scam... luckily I then woke up and sold early enough!
The problems about BDT were clearer than everyone thinks from the beginning, but the once convincing arguments became foggier and then completely drowned as BitDayTrade started being accused of being a Ponzi scheme to no end, together with the avoidance of the subject of its business aspect. In reality, everything about BDT that points to a scam is directly related to its business model and Alberto's competence. The lesson here is, tune out the naysayers together with the promoters and focus on what people who have real information say.
Anyone that needs to go to GLBSE to get a site like bitdaytrade.com off the ground is hustling.  If a person can't go out and get a traditional loan then why would anyone want to lend them money?  Was a credit report of this person every pulled?
The same could be said about pretty much every bond or loan in this market. Some of them were legitimate to various degrees, others not. People have their reasons to want to borrow in this way.

A credit report of Alberto was not pulled; in hindsight that could have been a good idea, but people have been borrowing much larger amounts with much less scrutiny.

How were these distributed? Via dividends? Because I don't see divs for BDT anywhere listed on the GLBSE.
You're polling too frequently, we're talking about a timescale of weeks at least.

So far Alberto has paid 200 BTC, which I thought would be reasonable to go towards the debt to me (5% of it) since I didn't get the two last coupons (6.6%). He should pay 2000 soon and if he does we'll figure out the exact distribution.

In fact, I don't see the asset's page at all anymore. Any ideas what's going on?
Right. Nefario?
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
He paid a bit to Meni, and hopefully if he pays the next bit (which will be bigger) a payment to asset holders can be made.
donator
Any news on when we can expect our coins back? I thought most of them were just sitting in the chain right outside of the GLBSE under Alberto's control. If that's the case, he should be able to pay off the majority of the debt pretty quickly.
This probably is not the case. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Has he made any "repayments"?
He paid a bit and is supposed to pay some more in a few days.

How were these distributed? Via dividends? Because I don't see divs for BDT anywhere listed on the GLBSE. In fact, I don't see the asset's page at all anymore. Any ideas what's going on?

I think I got some coins from him (because some mystery coins appeared in my account today), but I need to keep a record of this so that I know exactly how much % of his debt to me Alberto has repaid. Thanks!

If there was a dividend payment there would be a record of it in your account.

Nope, no record of a div payment for BDT. So I don't understand Meni's statement "He has paid a bit"...?

(Update - btw the mystery coins actually look like a sell order was hit, so these are not related to BDT.)

Still though: why can't I look at the dividend history of BDT? The asset page won't load.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Any news on when we can expect our coins back? I thought most of them were just sitting in the chain right outside of the GLBSE under Alberto's control. If that's the case, he should be able to pay off the majority of the debt pretty quickly.

How were these distributed? Via dividends? Because I don't see divs for BDT anywhere listed on the GLBSE. In fact, I don't see the asset's page at all anymore. Any ideas what's going on?

I think I got some coins from him (because some mystery coins appeared in my account today), but I need to keep a record of this so that I know exactly how much % of his debt to me Alberto has repaid. Thanks!

If there was a dividend payment there would be a record of it in your account.
donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Exactly. I was so worried about ponzies at the time that, being clear this couldn't be one, I happily invested without almost considering it could be a different scam... luckily I then woke up and sold early enough!

The problems about BDT were clearer than everyone thinks from the beginning, but the once convincing arguments became foggier and then completely drowned as BitDayTrade started being accused of being a Ponzi scheme to no end, together with the avoidance of the subject of its business aspect. In reality, everything about BDT that points to a scam is directly related to its business model and Alberto's competence. The lesson here is, tune out the naysayers together with the promoters and focus on what people who have real information say.

Anyone that needs to go to GLBSE to get a site like bitdaytrade.com off the ground is hustling.  If a person can't go out and get a traditional loan then why would anyone want to lend them money?  Was a credit report of this person every pulled?
donator

Activity: 457
Look for the bear necessities!!

donator
donator
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 1002
And I did quite the opposite... I never trusted him at the beginning, then after several weeks of payout i thought I lose a good opportunity and now he defaulted 2 weeks after...
Activity: 252
The topic of this thread is the bond, not Bitdaytrade itself (which probably is also a scam, but not a ponzi). This 3% per week "bond" had all the hallmarks of a ponzi and the same predictable and predicted outcome as a ponzi.
It's nothing like a ponzi. The characteristic of a ponzi is that the underlying business is kept hidden and actually does not exist; in this case the business was specified and did exist (whatever problems it had).

Of course, this was one of the reasons the bond was so attractive. An actual website made it seem so legitimate.

legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

Nefario and I are working on a repayment plan with Alberto and will post updates when there's significant progress.

Thanks to the both of you for your continuing effort! The work you are doing is vitally important since having your ID and such verified, must be made to mean something. Thanks again!

Thank you for pushing this. But please do not take promises to pay too serious - could also be typical delay tactics.

I suppose criminal prosecution will work quite well within EU member states. And the evidence in this case seems sufficient to justify prosecution ''in public interest''.
Well, let's wait a (little) bit to see if Alberto is able to resolve this...
We're approaching this in multiple ways. The best outcome by far is if Alberto voluntarily repays, litigation would be a lengthy process with an uncertain outcome.

I did not talk about litigation. I was talking about criminal prosecution.

But I agree, it would be best for Alberto to voluntarily repay. Pronto.  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The topic of this thread is the bond, not Bitdaytrade itself (which probably is also a scam, but not a ponzi). This 3% per week "bond" had all the hallmarks of a ponzi and the same predictable and predicted outcome as a ponzi.
It's nothing like a ponzi. The characteristic of a ponzi is that the underlying business is kept hidden and actually does not exist; in this case the business was specified and did exist (whatever problems it had).

Of course, this was one of the reasons the bond was so attractive. An actual website made it seem so legitimate.
donator
It's nothing like a ponzi. The characteristic of a ponzi is that the underlying business is kept hidden and actually does not exist; in this case the business was specified and did exist (whatever problems it had). The other characteristic is that it is growing, in this case it was an issue for a set amount.

If you take for example nrd525's ponzi indicators it passes about 2 out of 9.

I thought it strange that in the IPO, it claimed that Alberto had enough personal assets to cover repayment no matter what - and then he said he couldn't repay it at all.
My only knowledge of Alberto's assets is from his own words. His reported status doesn't seem very consistent so it's not clear if he can't pay, won't pay, or will pay (face value) given some time to liquidate assets.

I will not dignify MPOE-PR's comment with a response.
Nefario and I are working on a repayment plan with Alberto and will post updates when there's significant progress.

That is good news Meni.

I thought it strange that in the IPO, it claimed that Alberto had enough personal assets to cover repayment no matter what - and then he said he couldn't repay it at all.
I picked a great bond for my first foray into GLBSE trading, didn't I?

Haha I was just going through my account history CSV the other day. I was curious and looked - my first trade was for one share of BDT.
Pages:
Jump to: