Pages:
Author

Topic: GLBSE is offline We will update our users on Saturday. - page 23. (Read 51531 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Lack of explanation implies lawyers got involved. Wait and see what happens.

Agreed, I'm putting my money on a Lawsuit, with a small side bet on regulatory compliance issues.

My hope is that it involves the new GLBSE 3.0 upgrade or something else that has no lasting impact.

I JUST put my largest deposit so far in and was buying shares when it went down, but I have assurance that my money is safe, and I'm willing to let it sit for a couple days.

I do think that this is far too limited a communication over a 2 days period, but there are reasons it might be needed.

I'm heading to the beach on Saturday, so I'll do some extra relaxing for all of you who have your panties in a knot.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Unfortunately, in my experience, you're right. Whenever something or someone goes 100% quiet it means they're involved with lawyers/lawsuits/courts/etc
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Who controls the funds that were transferred to GLBSE? Nefario alone? (I genuinely don't know how GLBSE works.)

I have some of it, though Nefario has most of it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Lets all move to litecoinglobal Smiley
The service is in beta but it looks already pretty good and admin is committed to his site.

Pfffffffffftch. How about no.
Activity: 728
Merit: 540
Holy bitcoin !

I just sold everything yesterday night and withdrew all my coins; I feel lucky for once.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Seems the only safe thing to use your BTC for is Silk Road Shocked

Perhaps you guys should buy some bitcoin, to make sure you get your bitcoins back.

Who controls the funds that were transferred to GLBSE? Nefario alone? (I genuinely don't know how GLBSE works.)
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Saturday should be an interesting day.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Activity: 419
I heard GLBSE was funded with Nazi gold from WWII.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I don't know anything about this. I am extremely irritated with Nefario.

Welcome to the club Sad

Yes this club is growing fast, at least it says our Bitcoins are safe I don't if I should be worried or calm. Probably going to get my pitch fork out soon.
Activity: 699
Your Minion
Seems the only safe thing to use your BTC for is Silk Road Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I don't know anything about this. I am extremely irritated with Nefario.

Welcome to the club Sad
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Lets all move to litecoinglobal Smiley
The service is in beta but it looks already pretty good and admin is committed to his site.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
This has been the 800 pound gorilla for all investments bitcoinesque, and it appears that perhaps we have now come of age and are going to have to look at playing lawlessly within the rules.

Atlas is not gonna like that.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
it appears that perhaps we have now come of age and are going to have to look at playing lawlessly within the rules.

Or don't play at all...
Activity: 448
Remember he only said he'd update the situation on Saturday, not put the site back on line.

Very true, someone call the S.E.C guy and ask him. I did it last time and got blasted for it, it's someone else's turn lol

Yes, the SEC is looking into a variety of issues surrounding bitcoin. And yes, he is no longer interested in taking hysterical phone calls from any of us. The next round of calls will be outgoing from them and will include subpoenas for depositions. This thing is starting to look very, very ugly.

I think this has to do with the new crowdfunding bill and how they are going to regulate it.

If the S.E.C is looking so is every other U.S investigation service that has acronyms lol
Activity: 506
He'll likely announce on Saturday he was hacked after he checks into a nice hotel in Belize tomorrow.

If you guys think you're getting your assets back I'd say the odds are low but not impossible.

In any case, even if he brings it back the panic selling will be epic and damage the stocks to the point of uselessness.

Quote from: GLBSE.com

For those worried about their bitcoin, please calm yourselves there has been no hack and your coins are safe and all accounted for.

I apologize for the lack of notice and the downtime, but there isn't much choice. We will update our users on Saturday.

At least not one satoshi from me touched GLBSE never.
Activity: 574
Companies, especially registered legit companies, that are based elsewhere, but offer investment opportunities in the US are indeed subject to SEC regulation.

This has been the 800 pound gorilla for all investments bitcoinesque, and it appears that perhaps we have now come of age and are going to have to look at playing lawlessly within the rules.
Activity: 532
Surely it would be the FSA not the SEC - it's the FSA he was trying to get GLBSE regulated with.

It's not gonna be a hosting issue - if so they could just say so.  The refusal to give any indication of the reason is a pretty clear indication that they're having to get lawyered up before giving any information - meaning some regulatory body (e.g. the FSA) or LE is on their case.

Think I'd actually be more confident about getting funds back if they HAD been hacked.
Pages:
Jump to: