Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLC] Globalcoin | 4 Year Anniversary 1.5.4! | NO IPO, NO PREMINE | [SCRYPT] - page 30. (Read 225832 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
It was a joke, a very good joke.  I have never like pos coins.  I do not want to leave my wallet open and unprotected for 3% to 6% per annum.  Risk/reward is way out of line, for me.  

Pos may become glc some day.  But the best(most valuable) coins, remain to be pow if I am not mistaken....

Agree.  POW has merit in the no need to stake, no need to unlock a wallet on an open machine.  Global is in great position LONG term as in it can offer the comfort of POW without the high inflation for investors.  And for users it is a great brand and fast coin.  Even for day traders price peaks will still be reduced by miners rewards, this means just enough swing to keep short term traders interested in Global.  

Energy consumption point is moot if GLC goes MM.  Then it is just piggy backing on Energy already being burned by LTCnet.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
It was a joke, a very good joke.  I have never like pos coins. I do not want to leave my wallet open and unprotected for 3% to 6% per annum.  Risk/reward is way out of line, for me.  

Pos may become glc some day.  But the best(most valuable) coins, remain to be pow if I am not mistaken....

Again I'll point out that your wallet is never unprotected with POS. You still have to input your passphrase when sending coins. You have the client running and connected to the network in order to generate new coins, thus making you a node and helping to secure the network; there's only a handful of GLC nodes active presently and this is not good.

Also the most valuable coins are obviously POW as they are the longest running with associated infrastructure costs and actual use cases... but there's POS coins with million dollar market caps too.

I'll reiterate some points from another of my posts on POS as well.

The main issue people have with POS, especially 100% POS, is initial distribution being a key factor into who benefits. Globalcoin wouldn't be plagued by this as it's been distributed quite fairly through POW over the past two years.

POS positives:

1. Helps to secure the network with lots of live nodes, in order to earn new coins through pos users must have their wallets running.
2. Allows people to obtain new coins without the need of expensive mining equipment or the technical knowledge.
3. As users are holding coins in their own wallets (for the sake of generating new coins) this decreases market saturation and dampens dumping fears.
4. Encourages a buyers mindset, the more coins you have the more coins you generate.
5. Reduces electricity usage that is often ridiculed as wastefulness, save the world greenpeace global warming and all that.
Lol, I just saw the wallet you posted Mudda - is great.  Keep up the great work!
It was a joke, a very good joke.  I have never like pos coins.  I do not want to leave my wallet open and unprotected for 3% to 6% per annum.  Risk/reward is way out of line, for me.  

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
I hope that you understand that the normal upgrade wallet with the change of  logo will not change the current situation.
People expect more, possibly it a new algorithm and POS revenue for storing coins in a wallet  Cool

If you want stake revenue, maybe you should buy hobonickels and call it a day Smiley

hobonickels? You are joking.
Of all the coins that are now on the market which have a system POS + POW the best investment is  Diamond.
I have a little globalcoin so I made a proposal to revise the strategy. how do you get people to keep the coins if they do not have any income from this?
Only speculative trading on the dirty games and risk losing all the coins.
I hope that you understand that the normal upgrade wallet with the change of  logo will not change the current situation.
People expect more, possibly it a new algorithm and POS revenue for storing coins in a wallet  Cool

If you want stake revenue, maybe you should buy hobonickels and call it a day Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
I hope that you understand that the normal upgrade wallet with the change of  logo will not change the current situation.
People expect more, possibly it a new algorithm and POS revenue for storing coins in a wallet  Cool

If people expect a new also to bring value well that's just stupid. Things take time, we are dealing with a very old source code. If we could click our fingers and everything could be magically done I'm sure you would have already. But since you have not, things take time.
legendary
I hope that you understand that the normal upgrade wallet with the change of  logo will not change the current situation.
People expect more, possibly it a new algorithm and POS revenue for storing coins in a wallet  Cool
legendary
Updated Logos and added logo to wallet.
legendary
Image set for client : new logo and splash

Any chance of getting the copyright years updated?
Image set for client : new logo and splash

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Yay I found the compile issue. Downloading chain now.

Can we have a round of applause for Mr. Fudda's hero status.  He has opened door to wallet updates!   
legendary
Yay I found the compile issue. Downloading chain now.
legendary
I think that the issue of this coin is that people do not see much point in keeping it for reward.
If developers will not be able to implement a system the POS for reward equity, then the after a while globalcoin to turn into one of the garbage coins and reduction award or change the algorithm will not help.
just let this coin die.

Undecided

Because you're a newbie and don't hold any?

Looks like he has been around since February of 2014 and he has posted here on occasion.  He may be a whale Smiley  Folks going to say things to get better price.  Network is chugging along.  Hopefully the fixes will be implemented soon.  Icodestuff, this is really just cut and paste work.  Can you do the fixes?

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
just let this coin die.

Undecided

Because you're a newbie and don't hold any?
Activity: 50
Activity: 44
Pages:
Jump to: