Pages:
Author

Topic: Gliph - Secure Messaging and Bitcoin Transfers on iOS, Android and the Web - page 3. (Read 12742 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Guys, this is such a neat product, but why no source code?

Indeed. It's a total waste of time to advertise a closed source product to the most paranoid (including me) people on the internet in my opinion.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Bitcoin for Everyone
Thank you. I talk about this exact topic at length on Ep. 47 of Let's Talk Bitcoin: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e47-identity-bitcoin-with-rob-banagale/

rob
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Bitcoin for Everyone
I will check this out soon. By the way, do you have an office in .PH ? Because I live here.
We do not, but I was there earlier this year. I'm half-filipino and have a lot of family in the Philippines. The TLD happened to work with our company's name. -rob
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I will check this out soon. By the way, do you have an office in .PH ? Because I live here.
Bitcoin for Everyone
I get peev'd about the "verify your account with phone number" business.
I believe that this is a spam control measure they use.  I'm curious, are there other personal data verification methods that you see as less intrusive or would consider using?
Activity: 112
Coffee makes it all better!
I get peev'd about the "verify your account with phone number" business.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
"Will accept bitcoin through gliph"

I was doing a few searches for sales on CL accepting bitcoin. I was happy to see this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=9&subAreaID=&query=gliph&catAbb=sss
Thank you for sharing this. I had not seen this.  We need to make it easier to handle craigslist listings and use gliph at the same time.

Good luck... seems that craigslist is raising the walls of its garden ever-higher, with the recent ban on externally hosted images.
Bitcoin for Everyone

I was doing a few searches for sales on CL accepting bitcoin. I was happy to see this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=9&subAreaID=&query=gliph&catAbb=sss
Thank you for sharing this. I had not seen this.  We need to make it easier to handle craigslist listings and use gliph at the same time.

Bitcoin for Everyone
Bitcent received. Gliph is awesome!
Bitcent received! Thanks!
Thank you, for checking out Gliph. Please post or send feedback to support gliph or support at gli dot ph. Your suggestions help us improve it.

PM sent.

Hey, please also send a message to support from your gliph. This puts it at the top of my queue of support requests and allows me to verify we're hooking up the right people.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Bitcent received! Thanks!
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Bitcent received. Gliph is awesome!
Bitcoin for Everyone
Like it  Cool  Obviously needs smoothing some edges, but looking good so far.
Are we ok to use gli.ph to share our gliphs?
Hey, would you please send a message to Support, mentioning your post here? For reasons not worth going into here, this allows me to send you the bitcent as a reply, which is much easier for me at this time.

Yes, you are more than welcome to share your Gliphs. I give the option to hide them, but I hope that some people will connect with each other here.

Hi there, I'm on board, I like gliph, just don't have any contacts.
it's a start.
Thank you for checking it out. We're working to make it easier to connect with people. Please try getting a pal on so you can try the sending and receiving of BTC out. Smiley
Here I go! Just wondering, how do we know you can't see our coinbase/bips credentials?
Hey, for starters, this is a venture-backed company and no anonymity in who is running it. I'm Rob Banagale and my co-founder is Nick Asch. Both of our names and reputations are on the line.

I believe everyone who has posted in this thread (except newar, please see note above) has now received their Bitcents. If you PM'd but did not post here, please post so that there is a public accountability that I'm sending out all the BTC I said I would. Smiley
rob
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
PM sent.

I have gotten a decent number of people to install Gliph, btw. I will use this to encourage them to hookup a wallet. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
Here I go! Just wondering, how do we know you can't see our coinbase/bips credentials?
Hi there, I'm on board, I like gliph, just don't have any contacts.

it's a start.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Like it  Cool  Obviously needs smoothing some edges, but looking good so far.

Are we ok to use gli.ph to share our gliphs?
Bitcoin for Everyone
Hello BitcoinTalk,

I'm excited to give BitcoinTalk community an advance heads-up that we're about to release a much-requested update that offers limited support for Blockchain.info wallets.

Whether you or the person you're connected to is using Coinbase, BIPS or Blockchain.info, you'll be able to easily send Bitcoin without fussing with Wallet Addresses or QR codes. Just attach the right amount and hit send, then continue your conversation.

Please note we're calling this limited support because Blockchain.info's API doesn't do everything that Coinbase and BIPS' do. It is missing a few things that will affect the experience, and we want to be up front about these limitations:

• You can not create a Blockchain.info account using Gliph, it must be made first on Blockchain.info
  • Two-Factor Authentication is NOT supported. If you use 2-factor authentication with Blockchain.info you must disable it. You can work around this limitation by using Blockchain.info's "double encryption" or second password on the account. Regardless of whether you turn this on, we recommend using two wallets. One to keep your bitcoin in, and a second with a low Bitcoin balance for use as a daily wallet which you can more comfortably attach to Gliph.
  • For the username, we recommended using GUID (the long thing), rather than alias. Depending on how your account is set up, Alias may fail, so might as well skip the trouble and use your GUID.

Even with these limitations, we're happy to increase the number of different wallets available to people who want an easier way to move Bitcoin around and enjoy a more private experience than other messaging options on the market.

We are still running our free Bitcent thing described on the first page, so if you have not taken advantage of that yet, perhaps you have a stronger incentive to check it out now. Smiley

The release will be available for iPhone, Android and the Web by 6am EST 9/9/13.
Pages:
Jump to: