Pages:
Author

Topic: Gmaxwell proves Craig Wright is a fraud - page 3. (Read 19285 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
December 09, 2015, 10:24:35 PM
Craig = Satoshi.  You can't fake most of the facts, and most of those facts fit.  AND the amount of innacurate information, exageration and FUD being propogated is growing so exponentially it is ridiculous.  This is all just conspiracy theory nonsense and drama because "Satoshi" was more fun to believe in as a purely idealistic vision - than to look at through the lens of reality.

Sort of like the whole Jesus concept.  If Jesus really were to come back, today, the first thing religion would do is beat the crap out of him and nail him up to another cross all the while screaming hysterically that he was an fraud.

LOL - same thing going on here.... Seems tech weenies are still just a step evolved above the apes, even with all your loft idealistic talk.  Your "Tech Jesus" has returned, and you scream to crucify him Smiley  Flippin monkeys.  Just when you think there is actual evolution occurring.  ROFL

LOL LOL - Oh the Hysteria Smiley

Easy.  Don't get mad bro.

I have more legitimate right to be angry than absolutely anyone posting on this forum, except for Craig himself, who I am not, although my situation is similar in parallel way.  I know that it should not make me angry that people act like people do.... but it is frustrating sometimes that there really is no helping most of this species in the end.  You will do what you will do, and you will end as you must.

If you say so satoshi. 
Damn you Reverse Psychology!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
December 09, 2015, 10:21:19 PM
But what if Satoshi paid him to be Satoshi?  You guys ever think of that?
Why would he do that? Why this elaborate ruse? Satoshi was safe and sound - no one ever tracked him, he could remain that forever. Why now reach to Wright, pay him for creating this spectacle?
I don't think he is so bored. It has no sense.
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
December 09, 2015, 05:31:07 PM

And step 5: you have all the criminals of the world coming after you because they think you have the equivalent of $400 millions in untraceable money. Yep sounds like a good plan.

Are you saying that criminals don't want money, because other criminals also want money?

No but there's a risk/reward ratio. It's just too big.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
December 09, 2015, 07:48:02 PM
what up with his house being raided today by the tax authorities in Australia.....?  there is definitely something strange going on..... Undecided

Unrelated to Bitcoin, apparently the guy has a dozen of "scampanies" (scam+companies) and loads of bankruptcy processes.
Also he got Goxxed... I don't think that someone with the BTC amount of Satoshi would bother with Karpeles' rig.
At (at least) one of those "scampanies", BTC was being used for collateral.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 09, 2015, 07:40:45 PM
what up with his house being raided today by the tax authorities in Australia.....?  there is definitely something strange going on..... Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 09, 2015, 07:38:52 PM
Craig = Satoshi.  You can't fake most of the facts, and most of those facts fit.  AND the amount of innacurate information, exageration and FUD being propogated is growing so exponentially it is ridiculous.  This is all just conspiracy theory nonsense and drama because "Satoshi" was more fun to believe in as a purely idealistic vision - than to look at through the lens of reality.

Sort of like the whole Jesus concept.  If Jesus really were to come back, today, the first thing religion would do is beat the crap out of him and nail him up to another cross all the while screaming hysterically that he was an fraud.

LOL - same thing going on here.... Seems tech weenies are still just a step evolved above the apes, even with all your loft idealistic talk.  Your "Tech Jesus" has returned, and you scream to crucify him Smiley  Flippin monkeys.  Just when you think there is actual evolution occurring.  ROFL

LOL LOL - Oh the Hysteria Smiley

Easy.  Don't get mad bro.

I have more legitimate right to be angry than absolutely anyone posting on this forum, except for Craig himself, who I am not, although my situation is similar in parallel way.  I know that it should not make me angry that people act like people do.... but it is frustrating sometimes that there really is no helping most of this species in the end.  You will do what you will do, and you will end as you must.

If you say so satoshi. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
December 09, 2015, 07:34:46 PM
So, I am left wondering: How the hell did this "world's foremost computer security expert" get hacked?

People keep writing here that his computer got hacked, however, I can not read this in the wired-story. They mention that documents, e-mails and so on was leaked. This doesn't necessarily mean that any computer was hacked.

Normally, someone with an agenda leaks documents to the media. And normally, the journalist should know who leakes the material and otherwise discard it for they will not be sure what the answer to the question cui bono is.

Nathaniel Popper mentioned that the documents were offerd to him, too. So maybe he could shed some light on this.

Unfortunately, I must confess: When I first read the story in wired, it looked pretty convincing. But this is how journalism works: You have to write a story which is easily readable.

But we know that the material was offered to several media. Such a fact puts journalists under pressure to publish the story before anybody else will be able to do so.

Still the main question remains: Cui bono...

Fair enough, you do have a point. It seems I must admit to going to the "hacked" phrasing after reading it posted by others, without referring back to the source document, the Weird article.

However, I do also understand why others have used the word "hack" as the trove of emails and documents, in my opinion, would not likely be in the posession of a single third-party person.

ie, business documents, emails, tax/loan/whatever documents. I understand that a person may have friends and business associates, but how does one of the world's most sought-efter enigmas, who has maintained seemingly perfect opsec for YEARS, place all that SENSITIVE material into the hands of another person, especially given that this Dr. C.W guy has a law degree, so he doesn't even need "a lawyer" to sort through his business contracts.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
December 09, 2015, 06:14:39 PM
Hate to be this Craig Wright fellow at this point in time.. Seem the entire community has his eyes on him at the moment.
I'm about 99% sure from what I've seen from the "evidence" brought fourth by this seemingly endless wave of news is that this dude doesn't have the right background nor knowledge to be able to code up something so fancy as bitcoin. Personally hope the real satoshi stays hidden forever.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
December 09, 2015, 06:11:30 PM
So, I am left wondering: How the hell did this "world's foremost computer security expert" get hacked?

People keep writing here that his computer got hacked, however, I can not read this in the wired-story. They mention that documents, e-mails and so on was leaked. This doesn't necessarily mean that any computer was hacked.

Normally, someone with an agenda leaks documents to the media. And normally, the journalist should know who leakes the material and otherwise discard it for they will not be sure what the answer to the question cui bono is.

Nathaniel Popper mentioned that the documents were offerd to him, too. So maybe he could shed some light on this.

Unfortunately, I must confess: When I first read the story in wired, it looked pretty convincing. But this is how journalism works: You have to write a story which is easily readable.

But we know that the material was offered to several media. Such a fact puts journalists under pressure to publish the story before anybody else will be able to do so.

Still the main question remains: Cui bono...
December 09, 2015, 05:01:35 PM
Craig Wright could have been impersonating satoshi for almost 2 years, in order to con private investors. 

"Only you know I'm the creator of Bitcoin, don't tell anyone.  I have a billion dollars worth of bitcoins, but I can't use them until 2020.  That's why I need all your money for this Bitcoin Bank.  You can trust me, I'm already a billionaire."

That would explain why he created fake evidence in 2013 but kept it secret.  This public exposure could have come from his over-excited investors, or maybe he's throwing his net a little wider to see how much more he can get before it falls apart.

This is certainly possible. The data so far indicates one of the follow is true.

1) Craig Wright is Satoshi

or

2) This is a conspiracy involving multiple individuals in different countries trying to convince us that he is.

or

3) This one of the longest cons ever and Craig Wright started laying the groundwork to convince people he was Satoshi back in 2013.

Personally based on the information presented in the wired and gizmodo articles I lean towards #1 lots of compelling circumstantial evidence there. However #3 is not impossible especially if you can establish a definite profit motive for setting up such a fraud in 2013.    

For #3 I don't really get what would be the point. Pretending to be Satoshi (and therefore to own 1 million bitcoins) would IMO cause a lot of problems for too little rewards.

You guys don't understand the motive?

Step 1:  Convince a few rich people that you're satoshi  (you're not satoshi, but you lie)
Step 2:  Convince them that your million bitcoins are locked up until 2020  (you don't have a million bitcoins, but you lie)
Step 3:  They give you millions of dollars to "build a Bitcoin Bank"  (you're not building a Bitcoin Bank, but you lie)
Step 4:  You have millions of dollars  (You never have to work again, and you can buy anything you want)

And step 5: you have all the criminals of the world coming after you because they think you have the equivalent of $400 millions in untraceable money. Yep sounds like a good plan.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
December 09, 2015, 05:39:12 PM
Motherboard.vice.com agrees with Gmaxwell's discovery that the PGP key is probably backdated, and that Wright is a fraud. Has there been a statement from Wright yet commenting on the PGP key? He'll find it difficult to remain silent much longer with the world's media all over him.

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
December 09, 2015, 05:22:08 PM
No one else, that I have read so far, is mentioning:

Dr. C. Wright can be verified as being an expert on computer security.  S. Nakamoto has maintained his anonymity for about 6 years now.
It is therefore provable that both Dr. C. Wright and S. Nakamoto know how to practice excellent operational security.

I believe that such a person would only experience a "leak" or "get hacked" if he wanted this to happen.

Smell male bovine excrement?
December 09, 2015, 04:45:15 PM
Craig Wright could have been impersonating satoshi for almost 2 years, in order to con private investors. 

"Only you know I'm the creator of Bitcoin, don't tell anyone.  I have a billion dollars worth of bitcoins, but I can't use them until 2020.  That's why I need all your money for this Bitcoin Bank.  You can trust me, I'm already a billionaire."

That would explain why he created fake evidence in 2013 but kept it secret.  This public exposure could have come from his over-excited investors, or maybe he's throwing his net a little wider to see how much more he can get before it falls apart.

This is certainly possible. The data so far indicates one of the follow is true.

or

2) This is a conspiracy involving multiple individuals in different countries trying to convince us that he is.

or

3) This one of the longest cons ever and Craig Wright started laying the groundwork to convince people he was Satoshi back in 2013.

Personally based on the information presented in the wired and gizmodo articles I lean towards #1 lots of compelling circumstantial evidence there. However #3 is not impossible especially if you can establish a definite profit motive for setting up such a fraud in 2013.    

For #3 I don't really get what would be the point. Pretending to be Satoshi (and therefore to own 1 million bitcoins) would IMO cause a lot of problems for too little rewards.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
December 09, 2015, 05:15:25 PM
I'm tired of this total fantasy that there is some hidden element always trying to kill the "rich guy with the bitcoins". There are hundreds of billionaires walking around. You run into billionaires in the NYC subway system. Sure they "might be targets" to some extent, but the idea that someone would not try to scam millions of dollars because "the evil criminal masterminds and lizard people are coming for me" is absurd.

More (and mere) paranoia.

Are you saying that criminals don't want money, because other criminals also want money?
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 09, 2015, 05:12:59 PM
Good job gmaxwell!

But even without this, I see no reason why anyone would trust Wright to be Satoshi.
Craig Wright is a rich guy. For all I care, he could've easily paid for the Wired article in the first place. Money can do a lot of things.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 09, 2015, 05:08:58 PM
Dude was a fucking scammer trying to build a bitcoin bank, its sad that people could think this was real.

like lets face it, most people wold'nt have the computing skills to understand if he was scamming or not, they reliy on experienced people to break it down for them.
Activity: 686
December 09, 2015, 05:05:02 PM

Activity: 686
December 09, 2015, 04:56:11 PM

or

or

You guys don't understand the motive?

Step 1:  Convince a few rich people that you're satoshi  (you're not satoshi, but you lie)
Step 2:  Convince them that your million bitcoins are locked up until 2020  (you don't have a million bitcoins, but you lie)
Step 3:  They give you millions of dollars to "build a Bitcoin Bank"  (you're not building a Bitcoin Bank, but you lie)
Step 4:  You have millions of dollars  (You never have to work again, and you can buy anything you want)

legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
December 09, 2015, 04:34:34 PM

I am very disappointed in the community for (largely) being fooled by this obvious imposter.

The skeptics have been clear majority in the forum
poll
right from the start, and on Reddit too.

People love drama. But I'm disappointed that
Gwern, whom I've always held in high regard, fell
for this.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 09, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
Am I the only one to have noticed how hard keepdoing keeps pushing everyone to accept that Wright is Satoshi? I smell hidden (not particularly) agenda Roll Eyes

LOL only if his name is changed to keepsucking, it would be perfect
Pages:
Jump to: