Pages:
Author

Topic: GMiner v3.24 Ergo+KASPA+ZIL/KAWPOW/Equihash/Cortex - page 64. (Read 306918 times)

Activity: 488
Merit: 37
HERE IS WHERE I READ MY SYNTAX--

There appear to be two kernels, "OC0" (default), and "OC1" (overclock).  This appears to be the names for the kernels.

However, the command-line syntax stated above is as I replied a few posts earlier, a space-delineated series of "1" or "0".

I just re-launched one of my rigs with the command line "miner -a 125_4 --OC1".  It launched with no problem.  There was no notice printed to the console as to the activation of an overclock kernel as the miner was launched.  The hash rate is no different by any significant margin.  The miner is steady with no rejects.

If there is an improvement for kernel "OC1", it is small.       --scryptr

P.S.  Just read your post above.  Perhaps there is no kernel for my 1060 3GB.       --scryptr
Take look to sample screenshot: https://imgur.com/nHI75Om
Currently only GTX1070 and GTX1080TI has OC1 kernel on BeamHashII algorithm
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
How to choose oc for each card? can an example. thx
Suppose you have 4 GPUs.
Code:
--OC 0 1 1 0
Set OC0 (default) mode for GPU0, GPU3
Set OC1 mode for GPU1, GPU2
Miner report about this to console.

HERE IS WHERE I READ MY SYNTAX--

There appear to be two kernels, "OC0" (default), and "OC1" (overclock).  This appears to be the names for the kernels.

However, the command-line syntax stated above is as I replied a few posts earlier, a space-delineated series of "1" or "0".

I just re-launched one of my rigs with the command line "miner -a 125_4 --OC1".  It launched with no problem.  There was no notice printed to the console as to the activation of an overclock kernel as the miner was launched.  The hash rate is not different by any significant margin.  The miner is steady with no rejects.

If there is an improvement for kernel "OC1", it is small.       --scryptr

P.S.  Just read your post above.  Perhaps there is no kernel for my 1060 3GB.       --scryptr
The miner does not print to the console when an overclock "OC" kernel is in effect.  Whatever improvement to the hash rate that results from the kernel seems minimal at best.
Miner print when selected OC kernel: "Selected OC1 solver"
When there is no OC1 kernel for card and algorithm then miner print "Selected Normal solver"

How to set OC paremeter in config files? Maybe "sample-config" needs to be updated?
Will do it in next update, example:
oc=0 1 1 0 1 1
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
GMiner v1.60 available for download

v1.60
+ support AMD cards for ZelCash
+ improved performance for Equihash 144.5/192.7 on RTX SUPER cards
+ support OC parameter in config files
+ added OC1 kernel for BeamHashII for GTX 1070

Telegram group: https://t.me/gminer_equihash
Telegram beta test group: https://t.me/gminer_beta

Download links:
GitHub: https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/tag/1.60

How to set OC paremeter in config files? Maybe "sample-config" needs to be updated?
legendary
TOO OFTEN, PROGRAMMERS ARE POOR AT DOCUMENTATION--

The flag "--OC" was announced with little explanation.  After several attempts, some with the miner not launching at all, I thought I had it figured out.

The miner does not print to the console when an overclock "OC" kernel is in effect.  Whatever improvement to the hash rate that results from the kernel seems minimal at best.

I think the whole thing still needs work.       --scryptr
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
How to use OC1 kernels  on command line ?  what is parameters ?

THE SYNTAX IS STRICT--

For a simple command line flag, it took a while to figure out.  If you have one (1) card try:

"miner -a algorithm --OC 1"

If you have four (4) cards try:

"miner -a algorithm --OC 1 1 1 1"

The flag is space-delineated, do not use commas.  If you have a weak card that will not work with an overclock (OC) kernel, use "0" instead of "1".  A setting of "0" is the same as default, or no setting at all.  If you have improper syntax, the miner may not launch.

I do not believe that setting "--OC 1" for a multi-card rig will work properly, each separate card must have a corresponding "0" (no overclock), or "1" (overclock).

My 3GB 1060 cards and my 1070ti cards see a slight improvement at best.  If I am wrong, please correct me if you know better.       --scryptr
I am using '--oc1'  for 7-card rig.

DOES THE MINER EVEN LAUNCH? --

The flag is "--OC", followed by a space, as in "--OC 1".  If you actually typed "--oc1", the flag that you presented may be completely ignored, at best.  The string"--oc1" is not a correct flag.

Do you notice any improvement in hash rate?  What I do notice is that upon initial launch, there is no report to the console that the overclock kernel is being activated by the miner program.  If there is any improvement in Equihash, it is small.       --scryptr
Guys, you are awesome! I had said that '--oc1' working for 7-cards rig. Why are you still speculating?
'--oc1' for miniz, not gminer.
Are you sure? '--oc1' enable OC1 kernels for all devices if available (for GMiner)
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

'--oc1' for miniz, not gminer.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Prompt cards RX480/580 the following parameters: -- oc/oc1 is supporting? Where can I read about this setting and which graphics cards are supported?
On my Giga 580 MI get average 16.3-16.5 Sol/s.
legendary

THE SYNTAX IS STRICT--

For a simple command line flag, it took a while to figure out.  If you have one (1) card try:

The flag is space-delineated, do not use commas.  If you have a weak card that will not work with an overclock (OC) kernel, use "0" instead of "1".  A setting of "0" is the same as default, or no setting at all.  If you have improper syntax, the miner may not launch.

I do not believe that setting "--OC 1" for a multi-card rig will work properly, each separate card must have a corresponding "0" (no overclock), or "1" (overclock).

My 3GB 1060 cards and my 1070ti cards see a slight improvement at best.  If I am wrong, please correct me if you know better.       --scryptr

DOES THE MINER EVEN LAUNCH? --

The flag is "--OC", followed by a space, as in "--OC 1".  If you actually typed "--oc1", the flag that you presented may be completely ignored, at best.  The string"--oc1" is not a correct flag.

Do you notice any improvement in hash rate?  What I do notice is that upon initial launch, there is no report to the console that the overclock kernel is being activated by the miner program.  If there is any improvement in Equihash, it is small.       --scryptr
Activity: 954
Merit: 250

THE SYNTAX IS STRICT--

legendary

THE SYNTAX IS STRICT--

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics
How to use OC1 kernels  on command line ?  what is parameters ?
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
does the gminer 1.60 support 1660/ti when i use --oc1 or not?
only for GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 TI on BeamHashII algo atm
1070TI? 2080TI?
GMiner v1.60 available for download

v1.60
+ support AMD cards for ZelCash
+ improved performance for Equihash 144.5/192.7 on RTX SUPER cards
+ support OC parameter in config files
+ added OC1 kernel for BeamHashII for GTX 1070

Download links:
GitHub: https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/tag/1.60
only for GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 TI on BeamHashII algo atm
Activity: 55
Activity: 157
how use oc with .cfg file?
Code:
oc=1 1 1 1 1 1 1
only use 0 or 1?
is it oc=2 mode work?
Suppose you have 4 GPUs.
Code:
--OC 0 1 1 0
Set OC0 (default) mode for GPU0, GPU3
Set OC1 mode for GPU1, GPU2
Miner report about this to console.
Activity: 361
Merit: 111
GMiner v1.59 available for download

v1.59
+ improved performance on RTX2070 SUPER & RTX2080 SUPER for BeamHashII and ZelCash
+ minor performance improvements on some GTX cards for BeamHashII
+ added option to select OC kernels for each device --OC
+ added option to enable OC1 kernels for all devices (if available, currently supported only GTX1080 TI on BeamHashII algo)

Download links:
GitHub: https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/tag/1.59

Pages:
Jump to: