Pages:
Author

Topic: GMiner v3.24 Ergo+KASPA+ZIL/KAWPOW/Equihash/Cortex - page 75. (Read 306918 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Can I mine AE with rx570 4gb? I tried and set all up for ae.2miners.com, but my rig freezes...
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
Need some help. I have 8 x 1070 FE, and what to mine says I should be getting 192 Sols on Beam. I can't get it about low 180s. I'm testing my max clocks, so currently set at +200 core and 0 memory.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

What power limit did you set it at? Your hashrate will depend on the PL% you set. I undervolt my 1070 a lot. So I am getting around 21-23 sols/s per 1070. If you set your cards to +150 core and + 200 memory @70%- 80% power limit, you might just get the 192 sols on Beam.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Need some help. I have 8 x 1070 FE, and what to mine says I should be getting 192 Sols on Beam. I can't get it about low 180s. I'm testing my max clocks, so currently set at +200 core and 0 memory.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Hello guys, need help, i have rig on 1080 and rig on 1070ti's both on same network, both has around 170 hs on Gminer side, but 1070ti one has 140 average on the pool side and 1080 has 170 average on pool side..

Any thoughts?
Activity: 54
Are you guys going to be ready for the Beam algo change when they fork?
can i somehow set the fanspeed or the target temp on gminer?

Afraid not. You can set fan speed/target temp using Nvidia Inspector or Afterburner
I am constantly getting "Illegal memory access " error when running this miner on a specific GTX 1070 Nvidia card. Any ideas what causes this error? The card is running with the following OC setting of core clk +100 and memclk +100. Hardly an aggressive OC setting.

How many 1070 running on your rig?
You should increase the virtual memory and this is might be the reason why you are getting "illegal memory access"

Check this artice and maybe you can get some answer to your problem.

I see....this could possibly explain the intermittent "Illegal memory access" error since my pagefile is 90GB and I am running 11 cards. thanks for the tip!
Activity: 34
can i somehow set the fanspeed or the target temp on gminer?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
I am constantly getting "Illegal memory access " error when running this miner on a specific GTX 1070 Nvidia card. Any ideas what causes this error? The card is running with the following OC setting of core clk +100 and memclk +100. Hardly an aggressive OC setting.

How many 1070 running on your rig?
You should increase the virtual memory and this is might be the reason why you are getting "illegal memory access"

Check this artice and maybe you can get some answer to your problem.
Activity: 95
Merit: 2

This is what I have tried:
  • enabling watchdog did not help
  • disabling power calculator did not help
  • lower overclocking frequencies did not help
  • start with/without admin privileges did not change a thing
  • it happens for all algorithms
  • no matter if only one GPU or multiple GPUs are in use.
  • If I enable logfiles, the log file is being created, but remains empty.
  • it happens more often, if you start miner.exe as subprocess (e.g. if using powershell's "Start-Process" command)
  • gminer is the only miner, out of a bunch of others, that behaves like that
  • now comes the weird thing: if miner.exe fails as subprocess in powershell and does not fail, when then called by hand in a cmd window (using the exact same command line arguments), it afterwards does not fail anymore when called as subprocess in powershell.

Any idea, what is happening? Please fix this. Also, if you need assistance in debugging, please let me know.

@cirlama : I have added UUpool.cn to RainbowMiner for VDS mining.

How about your virtual memory? Did you set the virtual memory? This is sometimes the issue if you are having problem running this miner. You need to set the virtual memory to 32 to 64 gb to make it work.

Also, check your ram memory used on taskbar and maybe you don't have enough memory.

Thank you for reply, but that is not the problem:
On this one-GPU test-rig it is set to 32GB, RAM is 8GB
On all the other rigs (with 8x GPU with 8GB), the pagefile is set to 80GB, RAM also 8GB

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

• it happens more often, if you start miner.exe as subprocess (e.g. if using powershell's "Start-Process" command)
  • now comes the weird thing: if miner.exe fails as subprocess in powershell and does not fail, when then called by hand in a cmd window (using the exact same command line arguments), it afterwards does not fail anymore when called as subprocess in powershell.

Any idea, what is happening? Please fix this. Also, if you need assistance in debugging, please let me know.

How about your virtual memory? Did you set the virtual memory? This is sometimes the issue if you are having problem running this miner. You need to set the virtual memory to 32 to 64 gb to make it work.

Also, check your ram memory used on taskbar and maybe you don't have enough memory.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
how much memory is required for this Equihash 125.4 (ZelCash) algorithm?
Activity: 438
Merit: 27
If you are on Windows,

set manually with Afterburner:

1080ti: Core 1860, Voltage 0.931, Ram 5600 Mhz --> 8.3 with Grin

I dont have a 2070, but the 2080 can go over 10 with Grin.

Enjoy

(Avoid to tell PL +x: There are different powerlevel, even different ram clocks)
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Miner on nvidia

I don't see any grin speed improvement

1080ti 75pl +100core +600memory 7.6gs

2070 80pl +100core +1200 memory 7.6gs

Do your GPU's work stable with those settings?

I barely get 7gs from 1080ti and 6.5 from 2070
[/quote]Yes, more people can't see any improvements/
Activity: 142
Merit: 11
How to mine zhash 144_5 with only nvidia. I have 2 nvidia and 1 card amd i dont know how remove it.
pass "--opencl 0" to miner to disable amd cards.
Thank you for help.

Thank you for your reply.

I already always pass both "--cuda 1 --opencl 0" when used on Nvidia and "--cuda 0 --opencl 1" when used on AMD - so, no, that does not help.

Activity: 488
Merit: 37

Hi,

I like gminer very much, but have stumbled over a problem, since some versions (probably since v1.35):

Sometimes Gminer just stops at the startup and hangs (almost) idle. It looks like it tries to calculate something on the GPUs (MSI Afterburner shows active memory and core clock), but the temperature remains low.

This is what you get:
Code:
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
|                          GMiner v1.47                          |
Algorithm:          Equihash + Scrypt "VDS"
Stratum server:     
  host:             stratum://vds-eu.uupool.cn:13032
  user:             
  password:         x
Power calculator:   on
Color output:       on
Watchdog:           off
API:                http://127.0.0.1:32900
Log to file:        off
Selected devices:   GPU0
Intensity:          100
Temperature limits: 90C
------------------------------------------------------------------
(user address removed)

Then, the miner just waits forever and you need to Ctrl+C or kill it.

Hi,

By default miner try initialize cuda and opencl platform.
If you have only nvidia cards try disable opencl platform initialization by passing "--opencl 0", hope it help you.

Best Regards
Activity: 211
Merit: 6
yes, i have seen that problem many times - miner after start is doing nothing, you have to kill it and start again. After that it is working fine again. I reported about it some time ago, but that bug is still there.

Hi,

I like gminer very much, but have stumbled over a problem, since some versions (probably since v1.35):

Sometimes Gminer just stops at the startup and hangs (almost) idle. It looks like it tries to calculate something on the GPUs (MSI Afterburner shows active memory and core clock), but the temperature remains low.

This is what you get:
Code:
|                          GMiner v1.47                          |
Algorithm:          Equihash + Scrypt "VDS"
Stratum server:     
  host:             stratum://vds-eu.uupool.cn:13032
  user:             
  password:         x
Power calculator:   on
Color output:       on
Watchdog:           off
API:                http://127.0.0.1:32900
Log to file:        off
Selected devices:   GPU0
Intensity:          100
Temperature limits: 90C
------------------------------------------------------------------
(user address removed)

Then, the miner just waits forever and you need to Ctrl+C or kill it.

Pages:
Jump to: