Pages:
Author

Topic: God is in Control - page 3. (Read 577 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
February 01, 2020, 11:04:30 PM
Your theory are good for monotheistic religions. How can you explain Buddhist system of views? 
Like my muslim friends are saying, buddhists are idiots. From monotheistic point of view, only an idiot would consider Buddhist system as something logical.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
February 01, 2020, 11:02:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
February 01, 2020, 07:18:40 PM
Your third point is why I left the catholic church.  If god is going to send me to hell because I don't worship or pray to him, even though I live my life in a very "righteous way"..going well above and beyond what the avg human does in terms of good deeds..then I'm pretty sure that makes him an evil dictator.

How does it not? Why are they so hard up for me to pray to them..Does that stroke their ego or something? What in the hell does that accomplish for the betterment of this world?  Nothing.  I can live a moral and just life without going to church or praying or believing in a certain god, or any god at all.

1000's of religions across the globe and every single one of them think theirs is THE true one lol
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 01, 2020, 05:32:26 PM
God allows everyone to say and do whatever they want.
He taught that we have our freedom to act by our will.
He observes what is happening for sure and if we are about to destroy the world, he is going to come again and save us.

Yes! But God allows us to see Him through the good things He does in nature, and through the Bible, His Word. We don't have any excuse for not seeing Him. The governments and the media - the world - teach us against God.

Revelation 11:18:
The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth.

Cool
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
February 01, 2020, 04:56:22 AM
Mechanical technicians build cars and rockets and computers. Bio-virus technicians build biological warfare viruses.

Who has more control over what they are doing? The technicians who are not involved with microscopic life... the mechanical technicians.

Bio-virus technicians often don't know what the results of what they are doing will be. They learn, but life is such a complex machine that they don't know enough to really know the results... for sure, long term results.

But, understand one thing. The machinery of life was built by God, the Creator of all things. And, He has left Himself observations of and controls over of everything... that is, REAL controls over everything. He also desires freedom for people.

Because God is in control, and because he wants freedom for people, and because He observes everything, the only way for us to keep our freedom is to freely come to know God, and to have a free and right relationship with Him. There are 3 ways that God introduces Himself to us, so that we hopefully get into a right relationship with Him:
1. Offering it to us through the Bible;
2. Allowing pain to come to us so that we turn to Him for help;
3. Destroying those who will not accept Him, so that those who do accept will not be influenced to turn away from Him.

All the good things, all the happiness in life, all the bad things, all the trouble in life, exists controlled by God, so that people will come to a right relationship with God. God controls it all for this purpose. A right relationship with God is the only way to a right and good life.

Cool

agree 100% i see it first hand, this world is not entropic
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
February 01, 2020, 03:50:43 AM
God allows everyone to say and do whatever they want.
He taught that we have our freedom to act by our will.
He observes what is happening for sure and if we are about to destroy the world, he is going to come again and save us.
legendary
January 31, 2020, 08:53:48 PM
god is not some entity out there in space.. used to blame something else instead of your own actions

the real 'god' is that bit of subconscious in the back of your head which hints at you to try doing good things and is the reaction without thought to pull your hand away from  fire and the part that keeps your heart beating.

you teach your 'god' by learning about life learning good and bad and thinking about YOUR actions.

in badeckers case his god is out of control, as his many topics have proven

Completely wrong understanding of God.

God controls man and the universe like a programmer programs a computer... only, unlike the programmer, with complete perfection and infallibility. God has made and manipulates the whole universe in perfection. Not one law of physics is ever out of balance. God controls it all.

Isaiah 66:1: '1This is what the Lord says:
“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?
2Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?”
declares the Lord.

“These are the ones I look on with favor:
those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
and who tremble at my word.”'

Cool
legendary
January 31, 2020, 08:45:13 PM
Mechanical technicians build cars and rockets and computers. Bio-virus technicians build biological warfare viruses.

Who has more control over what they are doing? The technicians who are not involved with microscopic life... the mechanical technicians.

Bio-virus technicians often don't know what the results of what they are doing will be. They learn, but life is such a complex machine that they don't know enough to really know the results... for sure, long term results.

But, understand one thing. The machinery of life was built by God, the Creator of all things. And, He has left Himself observations of and controls over of everything... that is, REAL controls over everything. He also desires freedom for people.

Because God is in control, and because he wants freedom for people, and because He observes everything, the only way for us to keep our freedom is to freely come to know God, and to have a free and right relationship with Him. There are 3 ways that God introduces Himself to us, so that we hopefully get into a right relationship with Him:
3. Destroying those who will not accept Him, so that those who do accept will not be influenced to turn away from Him.

All the good things, all the happiness in life, all the bad things, all the trouble in life, exists controlled by God, so that people will come to a right relationship with God. God controls it all for this purpose. A right relationship with God is the only way to a right and good life.

Cool

Where is your Christian empathy?

Nice going, calling for genocide, WTF?  You are unhinged.

You really need to read more books.  You are a religious radical.

Not calling for genocide at all. It's only your warped inability to read or think that makes you say this.

God does what He does. He made people for the relationship He would have with them. There is nothing else for people. Without the relationship they are destroyed. It's nature. God is to be greatly commended in that He holds back the natural destruction that unbelievers are bringing on themselves by rejecting relationship with God, for as long as He does.

God is good. God is giving. If people ask for destruction, God gives, even though He knows that people are crazy. He gives them a chance to turn to Him. But when they won't, He gives them what they are asking for. He gives it because He is in control, and at best people ask for everything they receive. People can't do anything without God doing it for them.

Cool
legendary
January 31, 2020, 08:36:47 PM
Your theory are good for monotheistic religions. How can you explain Buddhist system of views? 

Buddhism is wrong.     Cool
legendary
January 31, 2020, 08:35:35 PM
He observes everything, the only way for us to keep our freedom is to freely come to know God, and to have a free and right relationship with Him.

With all due respect, if He observes everything and this is the only way, then how am I actually free to choose?

From Luke 17: '12As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

14When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

17Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”'

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
January 31, 2020, 03:29:53 PM
god is not some entity out there in space.. used to blame something else instead of your own actions

the real 'god' is that bit of subconscious in the back of your head which hints at you to try doing good things and is the reaction without thought to pull your hand away from  fire and the part that keeps your heart beating.

you teach your 'god' by learning about life learning good and bad and thinking about YOUR actions.

in badeckers case his god is out of control, as his many topics have proven
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
January 31, 2020, 02:04:05 PM

Cool

Where is your Christian empathy?

Nice going, calling for genocide, WTF?  You are unhinged.

You really need to read more books.  You are a religious radical.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
January 31, 2020, 12:32:09 PM
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
January 31, 2020, 11:58:27 AM
He observes everything, the only way for us to keep our freedom is to freely come to know God, and to have a free and right relationship with Him.

With all due respect, if He observes everything and this is the only way, then how am I actually free to choose?
legendary
January 31, 2020, 11:53:33 AM

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: