Pages:
Author

Topic: GoldCoin™ (GLC) Thread - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency [OFFICIAL THREAD] - page 21. (Read 309955 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I don't know if C-Cex is even worth it.  You can easily buy yourself on it with a BTC or two. They don't seem to be that trustworthy though, IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
GLD holds its value well during turbulence. I like this aspect alot.

This is true. Goldcoin is attractive to investors looking for safe harbor during periods of market uncertainty. I see it's up again today about 8% against Bitcoin. Cheesy
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Hydax Exchange
New Goldcoin artwork to be used in news articles and press releases. So what do you guys think? #goldcoin

Full size: https://www.goldcointalk.org/devteam/goldcoin_dollar.jpg
beautiful. Cheesy If I can make a real coin like this will be awesome
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
GLD holds its value well during turbulence. I like this aspect alot.
Activity: 753
Merit: 505
But is that enough to make a coin suddenly have almost 1.5 million dollars in volume over a 24 hour period?

Then someone would be able to make a lot of money by simply buying whatever coin Bittrex decided to put on its front page, and then dumping it. Repeating the same process the next day.

Bittrex didn't "decide" to put Goldcoin on its front page. Goldcoin was displayed on the front page because it was the exchanges's largest % gainer.

That makes more sense. It still has a very Decent volume the last 24hrs. Was curious as to the reason.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Anyone else having block sync issues? been syncing from high 260400 and  for 5 days now. well solved by starting  over with a new wallet and new directory etc
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
But is that enough to make a coin suddenly have almost 1.5 million dollars in volume over a 24 hour period?

Then someone would be able to make a lot of money by simply buying whatever coin Bittrex decided to put on its front page, and then dumping it. Repeating the same process the next day.

Bittrex didn't "decide" to put Goldcoin on its front page. Goldcoin was displayed on the front page because it was the exchanges's largest % gainer.
Today I thought about GoldCoin and wondered what's been happening here.

I remember years ago the OP saying that he won't drink any beer until it hits a certain price point or something.

Today I checked coin market cap and the last 24 hours the volume has been $1,445,380. What is going on?

Front page of Bittrex right now. That might be it.

Activity: 293
Merit: 250
Nice small big price pump on Nova until 60k sat.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Ethereum All The Way Baby
New Goldcoin artwork to be used in news articles and press releases. So what do you guys think? #goldcoin

Really nice design, looking forward to storing some GLD in my iOS wallet soon!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

I remember years ago the OP saying that he won't drink any beer until it hits a certain price point or something.

Today I checked coin market cap and the last 24 hours the volume has been $1,445,380. What is going on?

Front page of Bittrex right now. That might be it.

GLD is good crypto with integration on Trading View.. Most popular like BTC ETH DASH
GLD is good crypto with integration on Trading View.. Most popular like BTC ETH DASH
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
Hey Dev, any new developments in the works?  Smiley

For the Fall we have scheduled:

-- Completed iOS application
-- Client rebase
-- Website improvements
-- Newsletter and Blog
-- Additional logo artwork  

You can follow the complete development process here: https://www.goldcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3602.0
Activity: 311
The
Hey Dev, any new developments in the works?  Smiley
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy

legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
It is interesting.
I agree that most of the users do not pay much attention to the specification of the coin and its technical characteristics.
But these users are well aware of the financial benefits which for they offer this or that crypto currency.
For example, there are coins that pay users annual interest rates (POS) or reward to large owners (Masternode holders).
What can you say about this?
Does the Goldcoin team have plans to use such technologies, encouraging large investors for your system?

Thank you for your comments. While we continue to explore ways of making Proof of Work more energy efficient, we do not plan on adding PoS or Masternodes due primarily to the fact these systems have a downside risk of centralization.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.
Is Goldcoin planning any technological changes?
The market for many script coins is going through a crisis today, but GLD is holding pretty well, but do not you think that just just one POW technology today is already scarce for building a successful business model?
Over the years, Goldcoin has made several technological improvements and continues to evolve. Our marketcap is growing steadily at a rate of 10% month-over-month.

Amir has upgraded the currency’s blocksize to an optimal 2 MB, improved the protocol’s difficulty adjustment algorithm, and added an innovative strip-mining defense system. Our network currently has 10X the network capacity of the leading coin w/ 5X faster transactions. A major rebase is scheduled for the Fall which will be followed by a thin client for Windows.

It's important also to consider the consumer, who will ultimately be the true test, wants a currency that's familiar, secure, sovereign, easy to use, and fast. They generally have zero concern about which mining scheme is being utilized.

It is interesting.
I agree that most of the users do not pay much attention to the specification of the coin and its technical characteristics.
But these users are well aware of the financial benefits which for they offer this or that crypto currency.
For example, there are coins that pay users annual interest rates (POS) or reward to large owners (Masternode holders).
What can you say about this?
Does the Goldcoin team have plans to use such technologies, encouraging large investors for your system?
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
Hi.
Is Goldcoin planning any technological changes?
The market for many script coins is going through a crisis today, but GLD is holding pretty well, but do not you think that just just one POW technology today is already scarce for building a successful business model?

Over the years, Goldcoin has made several technological improvements and continues to evolve. Our marketcap is growing steadily at a rate of 10% month-over-month.

Amir has upgraded the currency’s blocksize to an optimal 2 MB, improved the protocol’s difficulty adjustment algorithm, and added an innovative strip-mining defense system. Our network currently has 10X the network capacity of the leading coin w/ 5X faster transactions. A major rebase is scheduled for the Fall which will be followed by a thin client for Windows.

It's important also to consider the consumer, who will ultimately be the true test, wants a currency that's familiar, secure, sovereign, easy to use, and fast. They generally have zero concern about which mining scheme is being utilized.

Block rewards in order:
Blocks 1 – 200 = 10,000 GLD
Blocks 201 – 2,200 = 1,000 GLD
Blocks 2,201 – 44,999 = 500 GLD
Block 45,000 reward drops to 45 GLD
Block xxx,xxx reward drops to 32 GLD
Block 372,000 reward drops to 4 GLD
Reward is then reduced each year using the following formula:
50 divided by (1.1 + 0.49*every year thereafter)
 Block replies seem pretty good. Not sure how long Goldcoin will last though

Total number of coins to be mined is 72,245,700 over an 85 year mining period.
Pages:
Jump to: