Pages:
Author

Topic: Good news everyone! - page 3. (Read 4252 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
August 14, 2014, 04:56:55 AM
That's great!

Can you tell us the name or the company? You're great guys! haha
I want to know it  Wink Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 14, 2014, 04:39:13 AM

Bitcoin is my way to buy stuff on the net,

so I am glad to have more places to shop Smiley
Activity: 252
Skoupi the Great
August 14, 2014, 04:38:13 AM
He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes

Lips sealed 5 minutes doesn't sound very promising... Anyway gl!
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
August 14, 2014, 04:36:51 AM
I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

What country is your company?

Bitcoin transaction only work well for cross border trade. For local trade, it is usually best to use cash or credit card.

How is cash/card still better?

For instance, I need to make a payment for some goods I bought this morning and need to pay via bank transfer. Pain in the arse, need to logon and setup a new recipient, receive a call from my bank confirming the new recipient, then able to transfer funds.

With BTC, I could of sent to his address in seconds.
Activity: 588
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
August 14, 2014, 04:32:00 AM
Great news, if we could get the company name (I know you would prefer not to disclose this information), that would be awesome. Imagine being the guy that got the CEO of apple to accept bitcoin. You'd be pretty famous and respected here on the forums!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 04:28:39 AM
wow amazing, it really a good news!  Shocked
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
https://bountyminer.io
August 14, 2014, 03:37:43 AM
yeah, great for real  Smiley
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
August 14, 2014, 03:33:36 AM
I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy and she said welll.... maybe  LULZ.

Ready for another surprise?

"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later.'   I know someone from my work is on this site all the time, because every once in while i get that error. we all share the same NAT.
I wonder who you are!!!!!!

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2014, 02:53:35 AM
Any news regarding companies willing to accept bitcoin as a form of payment is great.I really hope there will be more people like this who take this step and if that happens we could say that bitcoin will definitely continue to grow.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2014, 02:46:41 AM
No just your boss, there are still many employers who are considering to take btc as a form of payment. Good news!
Activity: 490
August 14, 2014, 02:24:22 AM
What is the relationship with MtGox?
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
August 14, 2014, 12:02:21 AM
The name of the company is?

Maybe we can send some emails to the company to help them with their decision to take Bitcoin. Some of us might already use them.

I really rather keep that private right now. I hope you can understand.

there is multiple good reasons to not associate a legit business with a forum username. mostly to keep business/pleasure as 2 separate things and also a bit of risk reduction of potentially tarnishing your employers brand if you said something bad here, which would lead back to employer.

so yea we understand

one thing i would say though. ask your boss for you to be paid your wages in bitcoin (saves him converting it to fiat as much)

Thanks for understanding.

Yes, if this thing pans out, I might end up having a meeting or two with them. I'll be sure to bring that up. Thanks for reminding me.
I sure would love to take a % of my paycheck in BTC.

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
August 13, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

Maybe we can send some emails to the company to help them with their decision to take Bitcoin. Some of us might already use them.

there is multiple good reasons to not associate a legit business with a forum username. mostly to keep business/pleasure as 2 separate things and also a bit of risk reduction of potentially tarnishing your employers brand if you said something bad here, which would lead back to employer.

so yea we understand

one thing i would say though. ask your boss for you to be paid your wages in bitcoin (saves him converting it to fiat as much)
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
August 13, 2014, 11:48:13 PM
Is it the company that when you call tech support it blows out your eardrums with a hillbilly shout?
August 13, 2014, 11:44:15 PM
Internet pioneer company based outside of USA?

Interested to know its name

Can you?

I meant out OF.. meaning that HQ is in the US.

I rather not name the company as of now.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
August 13, 2014, 11:40:06 PM
If the company provide service world wide, you can probably advertise here and see how many will use your company service and pay using bitcoin.
August 13, 2014, 11:39:52 PM

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
August 13, 2014, 11:36:18 PM
Internet pioneer company based outside of USA?

Interested to know its name

Can you?

Activity: 308
August 13, 2014, 11:35:17 PM
I am a network guy and I work for a company that used to be one of the internet pioneers. Recently however, we have been sidestepped by other companies a bit,  but we are still around and trying to turn things around with new software that frankly is pretty awesome. Anyway, we had an all hands meeting the other day and after the meeting I went up to our CEO and asked him what's his opinion on taking BTC as a form of payment. I was expecting a very short answer that was negative, and to my surprise it was completely the opposite. He seemed very interested and asked me question after question about mining, MT GOX, alt-coins etc. We spoke  for a bout 5 minutes and afterwards he told me to send an email to some of the guys way up on the pole and CC him, which I did! I'm SO EXCITED! I feel like i just asked a girl out to prom Cheesy

That is really great. And it is for sure a trend: from now on more and more companies will look forward to accept and to work with cryptocurrencies. When we take into consideration the technological evolution, it's a very natural step.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
August 13, 2014, 11:32:13 PM

Pages:
Jump to: