Pages:
Author

Topic: Good news form North Korea - page 4. (Read 618 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
September 30, 2019, 11:57:19 PM
As a country in full control of all the activities of its citizens, North Korea's openness to cryptocurrency is very good news. Although this is not new news, because since 2018 there has been news that North Korea is holding a kind of conference related to the use of blockchain and cryptocurrency. There are even rumors circulating that bitcoin is used as a source of funding for the development of nuclear weapons there, whether from hacking and mining activities. I don't know, it's just a rumor, it could be true or not.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
September 30, 2019, 11:29:01 PM
It seems that a movement to create national cryptocurrency is gaining momentum in Asia. Following China, North Korean authorities announced their readiness to issue cryptocurrency and even indicated the availability of all the resources needed, both technical and human - to carry out this task.
Care to share the link where NoKor announced their readiness to issue crypto? Or did you just spin what was stated in the OP?
Activity: 775
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 30, 2019, 11:21:38 PM
It seems that a movement to create national cryptocurrency is gaining momentum in Asia. Following China, North Korean authorities announced their readiness to issue cryptocurrency and even indicated the availability of all the resources needed, both technical and human - to carry out this task.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
September 30, 2019, 11:00:54 PM
I don't believe it, we need to get the reference for it. If it is in South Korea, then there will be no doubt about it since they are a free country not governed by a dictator.

the op already stated that he sees a tweet from them but yes it would be more better if he posted a reference link to back his statement because we dont know what if the account is a dummy and not official  .  if im not mistaken i think i have heard a news before that korea is restricted from using a crypo but i forgot if what part of the korea but that would be north since you said that the south part was not strict ,  if the news was true then its another good news as this can up the price again  .
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
September 30, 2019, 10:47:11 PM
This is absolutely great news, but I have a doubt because North Korea government may be centralized their cryptocurrency. When a government creates/open its own cryptocurrency it means they will not give prople the freedom to people. But still this is great, North Korean people will be interested in crypto, they will research more and later then they will know the true nature of Bitcoin, Crypto, the decentralization.

Good news for who? North Korea itself is an independent country that does not govern or govern. If you followed news this country a few years ago, surely you would declare that North Korea is a closed country. So even though they use crypto, of course they only make it for the people themselves and will not be exposed abroad.

So I don't think this will affect either Bitcoin or other coins, because there are also many allegations against North Korea for scam.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
September 30, 2019, 10:37:48 PM
North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, 
I don't know about the legitimacy of this statement but it appears the country is opening up on blockchain and cryptocurrency. Another conference is set to be held next year according to this website https://nkcryptocon.com

But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.
Is this the guy you are referring to? https://twitter.com/DPRK_CAODEBENOS
I don't see any Sep. 10 tweet about NoKor allowing citizens to own crypto? I hope you are not making up stories just to get paid by yobit.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
September 30, 2019, 10:29:03 PM
I don't believe it, we need to get the reference for it. If it is in South Korea, then there will be no doubt about it since they are a free country not governed by a dictator. do you know what's the worst thing about Nort Korea? you can search on youtube if you don't know because owning a bible can get you killed there what more owning a cryptocurrency?

What I want right now is the reference on where did you get this news because I have a feeling that this doesn't make sense.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
September 30, 2019, 10:04:32 PM
Is N. Korea doing a Venezuela move too? Creating their own crypto to escape the economic sanctions by different countries? I don't know about their level of competence but I think they should monitor what China is doing and maybe learn something.

A legit news link would be appreciated @OP
They have opinions if the creation of their crypto can bring them more money and no more. But it will be different with venezuela consider about north korea is not getting a crisis. I believe if that will be more stable than venezuela consider about there are some countries are still also supporting this country just like china.
But this country has a different opinion than china.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
September 30, 2019, 09:55:59 PM
This is absolutely great news, but I have a doubt because North Korea government may be centralized their cryptocurrency. When a government creates/open its own cryptocurrency it means they will not give prople the freedom to people. But still this is great, North Korean people will be interested in crypto, they will research more and later then they will know the true nature of Bitcoin, Crypto, the decentralization.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
September 30, 2019, 09:46:32 PM
This is definitely good news and thanks for sharing. Korea is very supportive of crypto/blockchain and it may be one of the first few countries who will widely use and accept crypto anywhere. Even the largest wholesale market on Korea developed their own coin as a reward to their customers, these things that they're doing will definitely help not just Korea's adoption to crypto, but is a small step towards it being used global.

Hoping that other countries will also start these initiatives and push crypto to the next level. This is such an amazing technology which solves current issues we have across different areas in the market.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
September 30, 2019, 09:25:02 PM
Seriously? This country is known for its aggressive approach on South Korea and even country such as US. I think this isnt much a good news at all, I know that they are just integrating blockchain or starting to adopt cause they know how powerful this cryptocurrency later on. Blockchain can be used with a lot of stuff and application, I dont want to think putting it into a nuclear activity which (MIGHT THEY ARE PLANNING)
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
September 30, 2019, 09:24:44 PM
North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.

Good news from North Korea! Wow!  Shocked This is the first time I hear of something good from this hermit country. LMAO! Ever since Kim Jong-un and his father took over this otherwise beautiful country, it has known no other movement but downward.

Kidding aside, will this really bring even a dent to the market? If they are to make their own cryptocurrency, that would not be the kind of cryptocurrency that we have been familiar of. The country is centralized in all aspects. Everything is revolving around the supreme leader. That is enough for us to conclude that their cryptocurrency will be the same. Regarding North Koreans allowed to own crypto, that is not really a good news either. They are too poor to buy Bitcoin. If they can own one, that would be the cryptocurrency of their very own country.

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
September 30, 2019, 09:04:34 PM
North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.

I dont want to be negative here but even though they support or planning to create their own cryptocurrency. I dont see any good at all, since Nokor, is a communist country anf full of deception on other cointries, it's quite dangerous, they might plotting something using blockchain tech. Remember, how South Korea has been hampered with this Country, so I dont trust this news.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
September 30, 2019, 05:54:09 PM
This doesn't seem to much of s good news. Creating more cryptocurrencies is not really the way to go, if everyone continue to create their own version of crypto, what then will happen to Bitcoin which should be getting more deeper adoption by now. North Korea still has lingering internet issue affecting the citizen. So how are they going to be able to participate in crypto?.

So far we know that North Korea has strict state regulations for its people and one of them is the limited internet access for their people, but it seems like this is one of Korea's strategies to fight sanctions imposed by Western countries on North Korea so that they can release dependence on international finance and of course this will have a positive impact on the Korean government because indeed transactions using cryptocurrency will be very difficult to trace so that North Korea can freely trade with other countries in the world. I am confused whether this is good news or bad news for the world? Huh
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
September 30, 2019, 05:04:39 PM
This doesn't seem to much of s good news. Creating more cryptocurrencies is not really the way to go, if everyone continue to create their own version of crypto, what then will happen to Bitcoin which should be getting more deeper adoption by now. North Korea still has lingering internet issue affecting the citizen. So how are they going to be able to participate in crypto?.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
September 30, 2019, 04:23:11 PM

Not really something you would believe, this is NORTH KOREA we are talking here. The sick Kim Jong-un there must have gone nuts if he allowed all these to happen. But if they are creating their own only which is created by their government for them to have more control over their people's wealth then it must be true.

Since the Venezuela's Petro news, there had been several countries also trying to see whether this blockchain currency will also be helpful to them. I think Venezuela's success will greatly influence more countries to follow.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
September 30, 2019, 04:12:54 PM
How legit is this info about North Korea planning to bring forth their own cryptocurrency? Please I will like to see a URL pointing to a legitimate source if possible. If this info is true, then it's good news for crypto, although the coin will be highly centralized hence not representing the decentralized nature of crypto as it should be. I'm looking forward to seeing more countries adopt crypto in future, even though Venezuela tried with PETRO but was suppressed by higher authorities.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
September 30, 2019, 04:04:57 PM
I am not sure whether this is a good news for us. May be good news for people from N. Korea. Now US will force many countries to act against crypto just because N. Korea is supporting full.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
September 30, 2019, 04:04:27 PM
The government of North Korea together with its citizens are really supportive of blockchain projects and this is good if you ask me. This can serve as a starter to the global adoption of blockchain technology and it's solutions. The support of the country has seen to the success of so many Korean crypto projects as well. Take for instance Content protocol, etc.  
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
September 30, 2019, 04:02:05 PM
I don't see how any real news can come out from North Korea as they have their own agenda in order to make fake news and reports. Even if that article could be real, I'm sure North Korea is well aware of cryptocurrency ascending and probably they have already developed such a coin which serves for intern purpose and it will not leave those borders and it will never be trade on foreign exchanges like any other crypto but this is just how I see things regarding your post.

Maybe in like 10 years North Korea will approach a different way regarding cryptos and they will embrace the movement but until then they will use bitcoin in subtle way like they always did. Every government wants bitcoin I north Korea is not an exception in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: